Prediction The Roll

Remove this Banner Ad

Those of you who have been around on here for a while, will remember my original ‘Roll’ thread back in 2018.

It was probably the greatest thread of all time and almost resulted in us going all the way. Only the cheating scumps stopped us.

Well, it’s time for another. I’ve been disturbed to see so many fans dropping off.

Statements like, “we’ve been worked out. “We need to rebuild now, “play the kids.”

Utter bullshit.

Has Fly taught you nothing? Is your faith in this magnificent team so fragile?

Shame. Shame. Shame.

Here is the prediction or fact about what is to come.

Yes, we will have a bumpy start. But a roll will gather momentum. Resulting in 14 wins and a home elimination final.

From there we will do what we do best. Win.

Carlton will fall to us in the finals and we will once again defeat Brisvegas on the last Saturday in September.

This is the way.
In Fly we trust.

My old memory may be failing me, but I seem to remember a past season where Sydney lost their first 6 games of the year, and then won something like 15 games in a row to make the finals. There’s no reason at all, once the players rediscover their mojo that they can’t do the same. Although I think it would be sweeter to beat Carlton in the Grand Final.

I'm not sure this is a good idea Jmac. It all ended in tears the last two times you did this if I recall correctly . I could get onboard The Bucks Bus back then because it had a catchy name but what will go with "fly"?
And remember the Bucks Bus crashed hard! You tried to fix it with some zip ties and builders bog but then Bucks finally just drove it off a cliff in 2021. It was scrapped and sent to Japan to be melted down into frying pans.

I just don't see how this can be a good thing given how it all panned out last time.

Those of you who have been around on here for a while, will remember my original ‘Roll’ thread back in 2018.

It was probably the greatest thread of all time and almost resulted in us going all the way. Only the cheating scumps stopped us.

Well, it’s time for another. I’ve been disturbed to see so many fans dropping off.

Statements like, “we’ve been worked out. “We need to rebuild now, “play the kids.”

Utter bullshit.

Has Fly taught you nothing? Is your faith in this magnificent team so fragile?

Shame. Shame. Shame.

Here is the prediction or fact about what is to come.

Yes, we will have a bumpy start. But a roll will gather momentum. Resulting in 14 wins and a home elimination final.

From there we will do what we do best. Win.

Carlton will fall to us in the finals and we will once again defeat Brisvegas on the last Saturday in September.

This is the way.
In Fly we trust.
Is this like the anthesis of a whipping thread? Your OP is interesting, statement of hope. Should I point out football is played one week at a time or should I agree with you, cheer loudly as if that would matter? You have to excuse me, I am an absolutely believer but am just recovering from a straight right to the mouth last night, lost the 3 teeth I have left. So what sounds like mmmpphh mmmpphh is actually go pies.

I'm not sure this is a good idea Jmac. It all ended in tears the last two times you did this if I recall correctly . I could get onboard The Bucks Bus back then because it had a catchy name but what will go with "fly"?
And remember the Bucks Bus crashed hard! You tried to fix it with some zip ties and builders bog but then Bucks finally just drove it off a cliff in 2021. It was scrapped and sent to Japan to be melted down into frying pans.

I just don't see how this can be a good thing given how it all panned out last time.
Man, I love Bucks so much.

But to answer your concern, of course this is a great idea!

Fly’s sons will return us to nirvana. Back to back baby.

It’s happening!

Jmac threads are always entertaining, a hot mess, but entertaining nonetheless
Thanks, you colour changing legend. I will deem you worthy of entry to the back to back celebration I am hosting on my porch.

Is this like the anthesis of a whipping thread? Your OP is interesting, statement of hope. Should I point out football is played one week at a time or should I agree with you, cheer loudly as if that would matter? You have to excuse me, I am an absolutely believer but am just recovering from a straight right to the mouth last night, lost the 3 teeth I have left. So what sounds like mmmpphh mmmpphh is actually go pies.

I thought the same thing, noidea. Insurrection. Typical woke leftie undermining of a legitimate approach to footy analysis. The proof of the pudding is in the pessimism...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, I love Bucks so much.

But to answer your concern, of course this is a great idea!

Fly’s sons will return us to nirvana. Back to back baby.

It’s happening!
I dunno man, Bucks still feels like you mozzed him in 2018 with your original 'The Roll" thread. I talked to him about it and he reckons you put some bad juju in his intergalactic waylines or some s**t.

Don't be doing that to fly now.

Watching ‘Take the Steps.’

There is no way this team won’t respond and get on a roll.
Watched it this arvo for the first time, I can see why it’s been a slow start! The investment put into that result last year was immense.
I’m sure this group will be there when the whips are cracking, it’s just going to take them a few weeks to get “rolling”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back