Roast The 'Rolling' Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
RANT TIME,

The AFL are giving us the hardest draw bar NONE!

Each time they release a block of games, we are given the current inform teams.

From the beginning with Collingwood (remember how they destroyed the highly fancied Dogs before the season was suspended),

To the highly touted Hawks, Ross, Dees and ever reliable Swans. Probsbly from all those games, the date the fixture was released, we wouldn't have known the Saints were to be as good as they were that point in time.

Anyway, this time around, here we are again, and the AFL have given us the top two teams yet again, plus our bogey side the Bulldogs, who just had a sizzling performance against the Bombers and lastly, the inform Suns ontop of that all.

The games are close to one another, we are one of the teams without a bye (even thoigh we have the largest injury list) and for some reason we are going to Adelaide for a week.

This isn't a sook, its a rant, at how the AFL stack the odds against us, but let's just do it the richmond way, one game at a time, one moment at a time, one contest at a time. And let's take all these pretenders, with our VFL squad, and send them back to pretenderland.

Id be rapt with 4-1 from the next five, woild accept 3-2.

But yeah, * the AFL.

RANT TIME,

From the beginning with Collingwood (remember how they destroyed the highly fancied Dogs before the season was suspended),

To the highly touted Hawks, Ross, Dees and ever reliable Swans. Probsbly from all those games, the date the fixture was released, we wouldn't have known the Saints were to be as good as they were that point in time.

Anyway, this time around, here we are again, and the AFL have given us the top two teams yet again, plus our bogey side the Bulldogs, who just had a sizzling performance against the Bombers and lastly, the inform Suns ontop of that all.

The games are close to one another, we are one of the teams without a bye (even thoigh we have the largest injury list) and for some reason we are going to Adelaide for a week.

This isn't a sook, its a rant, at how the AFL stack the odds against us, but let's just do it the richmond way, one game at a time, one moment at a time, one contest at a time. And let's take all these pretenders, with our VFL squad, and send them back to pretenderland.

But yeah, fu** the AFL.

To be honest I would accept 2-3 from the next 5. It is a tough run. After that we have the likelihood of regaining Caddy, and possibly Nankervis and Prestia and will get our bye somewhere around then. Who knows what will happen with Houli and Edwards, but they are also possible additions along the way. So if we get to 5 games left and have most of those available or close and are sitting at 6.5 wins and 5.5 losses I would happily accept that.

On the bright side, might dampen the constant cry of "typical AFL looking after Richmond" on social media for the next month...

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
That won’t happen

we've just come off Swans & Norf , likely bottom 4 sides so he had to expect a change
but it is a tough next 5 games

the stuff premiers are made of :)

in the post match last game Dimma is usually pretty PC and conservative
he was strongly suggesting we will get a lot better
and if that is during this block of games watch out :) the Tigers are coming

I was thinking about this same thing yesterday, I guess we have had a couple of "wins" though, we played Carlton round 1 and they are now playing with confidence and on the weekend we played a no confident North.

Swings and roundabouts I guess.

I just wish we hadn't played Hawthorn yet, reckon this loss is the one that hurts us atm. I'd be really surprised if the AFL don't send us to Perth considering we still haven't played West Coast & Freo. Port Adelaide off a 4 day break is bloody stupid too and if we lose any players in this game to soft tissue injuries then I wont be a happy camper at all.

We've had a fiarly soft draw so far. It gets harder. Then we'll see whose in form. I hope the Egirls lose a few and are out of the picture when we hit them.

We'll get WC and Freo 2 weeks in a row in WA late in the season. This is the year where any Victorian team doing well isn't relying on home ground advantage. Hope that comes back to bite the Cats.

The AFL are scrambling all the time now. They'll probably end up with everyone in one hub.

On the bright side, might dampen the constant cry of "typical AFL looking after Richmond" on social media for the next month...

The opposite has happened...

Seen heaps of tweets from morons saying "OmMgGG tYpIcAl TiGes GeTtiNg EaSy DraW, AfL LoOkiNg AfTer ThEm AGaiN"

We've had a fiarly soft draw so far. It gets harder. Then we'll see whose in form. I hope the Egirls lose a few and are out of the picture when we hit them.

We'll get WC and Freo 2 weeks in a row in WA late in the season. This is the year where any Victorian team doing well isn't relying on home ground advantage. Hope that comes back to bite the Cats.

The AFL are scrambling all the time now. They'll probably end up with everyone in one hub.

I was hoping that the AFL sent Freo & West Coast to Tassie to play Hawthorn & North in a hub to break up their stay at home fixture.

Last edited:
Our best is good enough to win any of these games. Problem is we are not playing our best yet and our worst has come against sides that we would beat with an average performance so we have put ourselves under the pump in this short season.
I think we are the only Victorian team that can win it. There is such advantage to Brisbane, Weagles and Port, who are the only contenders so far that will play with any home ground advantage to speak of this year, that it would be embarrassing for them if one them didn't win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RANT TIME,

But yeah, fu** the AFL.
Win 3 of those games in the compressed block & we are off to the races providing we win fri night. our draw will open up after that. Port have played nobody so thiers will get tougher

Tough draw coming up but we are at least 50% chance or better in all those games.

Reckon we've had a pretty good draw lately. We needed to play low teams to get into form, especially with so many guns out.
The boys are hitting their straps now so we're well positioned as long as we don't cop too many more injuries

Pies supporters claim we have it easy compared to their draw from hell. Needless to say I copped heaps for pointing out their hypocrisy snd persecution complex.

Looking at the ladder as it sits, Bombers are in 12th, 2 points behind us, and 4 points off 2nd (with 2 games in hand, mind you).

We could easily be languishing in the bottom handful after this block of 4 and out of contention. I do think all 4 are winnable, but I wouldn't have us as favorites in any based on current form and injury list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back