Prediction The Rolling Outrageous Claims Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of fun. Let’s see how this goes.

1. Rule #1 - outrageous predictions only

2. Rule #2 - no matter what the state of the evidence, you must return to double, triple, quadruple down on the outrageous claim throughout the year. Expect to be tagged in by others to face up.

3. Rule #3 - you have to make an outrageous claim before you can pick on others

Last edited:

Olive Henry is overrated he get too much credit for being a finisher, he doesn't create much.

We should have cut heavily during last years offseason, the danger of treading water is under appreciated. Our List management team is incapable of making harsh decision against our vets in the same way it did from 2013-2016. This will hurt us for the coming decade.

Tom Atkins is close to the lowest performing permanent inside midfielder in the competition in his age and experience bracket

A club will sign Tarryn Thomas end of year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olive Henry is overrated he get too much credit for being a finisher, he doesn't create much.

We should have cut heavily during last years offseason, the danger of treading water is under appreciated. Our List management team is incapable of making harsh decision against our vets in the same way it did from 2013-2016. This will hurt us for the coming decade.

Tom Atkins is close to the lowest performing permanent inside midfielder in the competition in his age and experience bracket
Harsh but fair on Atkins. He's a bridge.

Your judgement of Henry isn't incorrect, I just think your expectations might be high

Your judgement of Henry isn't incorrect, I just think your expectations might be high
Nah, it’s incorrect. But in the spirit of the thread he’s merely doubling down on a bad opinion long held.

Judge Ok GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

Henry averages 0.3 Goals assists, 1.6 I50 a game (Both Bottom 33% by position), 0.6 Score Launches (rated average)

He averaged 3.6 effective kicks per game of which, 1.9 are goals (remember that 40 metre kicks to a 1 on 1 are considered effective). He is elite for marks I50 but for a leading mark, he doesn't get many marks around the ground 1.8 marks outside 50 per game. If he isn't finishing he isn't doing much

Nah, it’s incorrect. But in the spirit of the thread he’s merely doubling down on a bad opinion long held.

Judge Ok GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

outrageous:
a. shockingly bad or excessive.
b. very bold and unusual and rather shocking.

claim
a. state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.

Sydney are going to blah is a wussy way to start this. When are you going to do a real one:p

Henry averages 0.3 Goals assists, 1.6 I50 a game (Both Bottom 33% by position), 0.6 Score Launches (rated average)

He averaged 3.6 effective kicks per game of which, 1.9 are goals (remember that 40 metre kicks to a 1 on 1 are considered effective). He is elite for marks I50 but for a leading mark, he doesn't get many marks around the ground 1.8 marks outside 50 per game. If he isn't finishing he isn't doing much
21 year old marking forwards don't tend to have stacks of score involvements, assists and so on.

He's a 4th banana forward (maybe 3rd banana now) who everyone acknowledges has plenty of areas to work on. He gets credited with already being a good scoring option as a young kid learning his craft. Which seems...fair.

A bit of fun. Let’s see how this goes.

1. Rule #1 - outrageous predictions only

2. Rule #2 - no matter what the state of the evidence, you must return to double, triple, quadruple down on the outrageous claim throughout the year. Expect to be tagged in by others to face up.

I think we need a Rule #3 before you respond to a claim you have to make one first, keeps it equal opportunity

outrageous:
a. shockingly bad or excessive.
b. very bold and unusual and rather shocking.

claim
a. state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.

Sydney are going to blah is a wussy way to start this. When are you going to do a real one:p
Lana is a lame pundit. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back