The Romain Grosjean bonehead driver of the week nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grosjean wins his own award for cleaning up Webber's wing at the start.

Yeah but how much of that was Webber's own doing? I know Mark can get some terrible starts but that looked like he missed a gear entirely. Did he say what went wrong?

Yeah but how much of that was Webber's own doing? I know Mark can get some terrible starts but that looked like he missed a gear entirely. Did he say what went wrong?

Quoting Mark "Didn't have a clue what happened off the line, we've had 2 or 3 good starts in the last few races and then the lights went out and we're back to our normal tactics. So I'm not sure. We need to have a look at why they pop up every now and again so that was frustrating.

I'd say Gremlins in the RBR gearbox. At least it wasn't his that completely shat itself this time :D

This weeks nomination isn't a driver but the track marshalls at the WSBK round at the Nurburgring on the weekend.Race 1 was red flagged with a couple of laps to go after Johnny Rea & Leon Camier had massive crashes due to incompetent track marshalls.

[fast forward to 43.28]

What happened was a back marker blew an engine and fell off.He was gone by the time the leaders came around but there was no flags warning them of oil.As it happens the marshalls were lucky not to be injured or killed when Rea's bike demolished then fence and a few seconds later Camier's bike flew over the fence.

This weeks nomination isn't a driver but the track marshalls at the WSBK round at the Nurburgring on the weekend.Race 1 was red flagged with a couple of laps to go after Johnny Rea & Leon Camier had massive crashes due to incompetent track marshalls.

[fast forward to 43.28]

What happened was a back marker blew an engine and fell off.He was gone by the time the leaders came around but there was no flags warning them of oil.As it happens the marshalls were lucky not to be injured or killed when Rea's bike demolished then fence and a few seconds later Camier's bike flew over the fence.

That was scary. It never ceases to amaze me how more bike racers don't get injured or killed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Grosjean turning his reputation around enough to maybe get rid of his name off this thread title?

He needed a year to get the GP2 style of driving out of his system, and has now come good this year. Will only keep improving and if Lotus can continue to improve their car, I would suggest that his maiden F1 win will come sooner rather than later :)

* because the race was red flagged it ran overtime and it cut out literally a second before that chilton incident....whoever hit him should hand in his racing license...mind you , narrowest track ever
Dat " hairpin " o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back