Media The Rookie Round Table - Season 26 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
giphy.gif

Coming into this mysterious and crazy place that is known as the Sweet FA, it can be a bit daunting and… well, insane. There are tons of excellent posters and pieces of media that get dropped on the daily. But it’s the new kids on the block that seem to be stealing the limelight in Season 25. So I wanted to create a series that celebrates and recognises the up and coming posters; the future of the Sweet FA.

This is a continuation of Matty411's excellent media series from last season. I have not asked him to use it, but I will doing so anyway, and will be bringing no less than five rookies from around the league that I have noticed already.

The Rookie Round Table is all about giving a platform for the league's most promising rookies to come together and discuss what's going on all around them. The Sweet FA can be intimidating, daunting and too fast for a lot of new players, but by working and bringing our ideas together, the Season 26 rookies have a much better chance of succeeding and following in the footsteps of the excellent Season 25 class.

Without further ado, it is time to introduce our inaugural Season 26 Rookie Round Table.

From the defending Premiers, Roys FFC, fresh off his 42 disposal debut in a practice match, we have @Thommo33333333333!
169250.jpg

From the Dragons, the partner of a yet unnamed poster, the hypersexual, hypersassy CinnaMay!
190414.jpg

My opponent for this upcoming Round 1 match, and one of the cockiest rookies I've ever seen (no I don't own a mirror), it's none other than the Wonders hotshot Sab22!
176676.jpg

From the Bears, the sharp-witted, emoji loving rookie that some say is still flying by the seat of his pants to this day, Argas Tuft!
41434.jpg

And finally, the graphic aficionado, the MIMP, big bad bashing Barrybran!
173771.jpg

Key: Argas Tuft Barrybran Sab22 Thommo333 CinnaMay kdavva74

I have scoured the league for the early bird rookies and found these 5 excellent candidates to bring together for our inaugural discussion. Best place to start with our new rookies has to be how you stumbled upon the Sweet FA. Personally, I was just browsing the forums and stumbled upon the place. How about you guys?

JWS poached me from the SuperCoach forum, when my other name sake defected.

I was actually approached by Haydo. He sent me a message, I was initially going to say no but the idea of SFA was too interesting and different to say no. But yeah, he approached me and put an offer on the table. After having multiple discussions with Wonders and my agent. I signed up and joined

I received a PM out of the blue from JoshWoodenSpoon saying come and join so I did. I had no idea this place even existed before that.

Me either.

There was a post on the Dogs board saying that a couple of spots had opened up on the Roys, so I took the opportunity and signed up having no clue what it was.

And I’m here purely because of my partner and his mate. They roped me in lmao.

Who's your partner if you don't mind me asking?

I dunno if I’m allowed to say :think:

Well considering you joined the Dragons I'd say either Hatchy or BlazeStorm. :p

Maybe someone completely different :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Well surely not Phenom.

Well just fyi I’m the type of woman who’d join a different team than my partner wanted for shits and gigs :tearsofjoy:

Fair enough then. Now, it's only been a couple of weeks for most of us, what is your early impression of the Sweet FA and the clubs? I want no holding back here.

giphy.gif

I was personally very nervous, but after spending some time in the SFA thread I felt bit more comfortable, I was already a target for a few which gave me a idea of how this season would go. The wonders have been very good in welcoming me to the club, allowing me to be me and backing me up at times. Overall it's been a positive and engaging experience.

Sweet FA is a very busy place. It's no wonder I hear stories of players taking 2-3 seasons to get into things properly. There's a lot of passion for the league from the players and the league/team admins do a great job bringing everyone together and keeping things moving along.

What they said ^

In all seriousness though, SFA is an interesting place - I'm still personally quite anxious as I know nothing about football and so this is an entirely new experience for me full stop. The Dragons have been a lovely bunch of lads, and I'm glad they let me join :)

Finding it extremely challenging atm, but at the same time it stimulates my brain and i enjoy that.
I'm not totally convinced i know how to play, but i'm reading up on it all the time.
The LVB have made me very welcome here and with the help and guidance of the more experienced players i just hope i can have a positive contribution to the team.
I may overstep the boundaries occasionally but i expect my mentors will pull me up when i do.
I'm very cautious at this early stage but enjoying the banter.

I was initially a bit nervous, not knowing what I was getting into, however I think I have settled in well. SFA is a very busy place and some of the banter can be hard for me to understand but I have enjoyed myself so far. The Roys have been a bunch of great guys and I am looking forward to Round 1.

giphy.gif

Well that was terribly pedestrian of you all. You've probably seen all of the different types of posters around the league - some spam it up, some post once or twice a day but with a lot of wit, some like to just banter among their teammates. Its early days in all of our careers but what do you think you bring to the Sweet FA in terms of posting?

Not much tbh. I think I probably fit into the post once or twice a day category. I feel like I don't fit in enough to just spam. Hopefully I can bring some quality banter and become a respected member of the SFA community.

I try to make people chuckle if i can, have a bit of a laugh, sometimes at myself, if that makes others amused and i don't take myself too seriously.
Be a bit mischievous sometimes and hopefully post regularly and earn my stripes and respect from my team mates.
Always have been a team player.

If I told you I'd have to kill you. Then JWS would be sad and someone else would have to do match write ups and it just gets messy.

I don't know what I'll add yet. I like my sense of humour, I feel I can bring a voice of reason where needed and I believe some of the skills I've picked up at Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design will come in handy here.

I think everyone has kinda seen me as this arrogant/cocky rookie, even though that's really not me in real life but I enjoy being that persona on here as it allows me to express and experience a different side of me.

I'm the type of person to take no sh*t from anyone, I like to give it back but I'm also the type to apologise and walk away if I messed up.

I've not really seen anyone like that just yet. But I feel like I bring something different in the team thread specially just by getting into everyone's nerves.

Hard questions eh? Oh, I’m not sure :sweatsmile:
I’m hoping to make people wanna kill me, kiss me or be me. I don’t care if people grow to hate me, I’m here for the bants.

Has everyone had a practice game before the season proper started? How was your first experience with the sim?

giphy.gif

Awesome
i love mathematics so was very interesting for me with all the numbers and stuff.
Not to mention i kicked 2 goals.

Too fast! It needs to be slowed down or at least presented in a way where teams can have a little banter between sections of play. It makes for interesting reading and I love the individual head to head matchups commentary in the stats package at the end. Nice to know wingers can kick goals too :cool:

I just found that there were so many posts than I expected :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I kinda expected a qtr a post but no, doesn’t work like that and that’s fine but if confused me at first :tearsofjoy:

My practice games were great. I didn’t really know what was supposed to happen and I was surprised that I got so much of the pill. It was easy follow and there were a lot of stats so that was good.

I haven't had a match.

tenor.gif

Well, Sab, at least you'll get your chance this week. Match threads have been up for a couple of days now and I'll be honest, I haven't seen a lot from the non-Bear rookies. Is it a bit intimidating, the sheer size and speed of those match threads?

Very intimidating, I'm finding i have nothing to go with on the experienced players, they would clean me up in a second.
Some posters including yourself would have a far far higher IQ than myself, very hard to win debates or banter with those posters.
But i really enjoy reading the thread and keeping up with it, every now and then I'll throw my 2cents worth in for fun.
I have been heavily involved with the SuperCoach forum, but its coming to an end soon and I'm finding myself spending more time in here at the SFA.

Intimidating isn’t even the word here, like, I have no idea about the oppposing team and all the stats mean nothing to me so where the hell do I even begin with the banter y’know?

I don't find it intimidating but more difficult to keep up with. I made an effort to get involved night one, conversations were harder to keep up with night two and I've got things outside of Qooty that need my attention as well.

I understand that things will slow down a bit but if we can keep threads ticking along I think we'll be in a pretty good spot.

I don’t really now how to fit in with my comments. I don’t feel like I need to say anything or respond to anything yet.

Personally, I just go in. Like I don't care who it is, but I always target the group rather than a individual so it creates more attention for myself. But I agree, the posts come in quick.

ktpng.gif

Alright final question, favourite poster/s so far that you've met in the Sweet FA? Personally I've had good chats with the likes of BLERN, JoshWoodenSpoon and Barrybran.

Captains haydo & Elton Johns Wig. U2tigers has been awesome in welcoming me and guiding me as well. Those 3 so far.

Gotta stick close to home. Most of my conversations here have been with JoshWoodenSpoon and kdavva74. JWS is just a quality person. He's been very encouraging of our participation, answers all our questions and he's been supportive of my involvement to date. Kdavva has been great to bounce ideas off, is incredibly enthusiastic and I couldn't have asked for a better teammate to enter the side with.

If the maintenance guys from Stadium In The Sky are reading this we're gonna need wider doors.

JWS and yourself have made me feel very welcome, haven't really got to know many others yet as Ive only been here a few weeks but i hope to get to know people as i get more experienced.

Honestly, I don’t really have a favourite yet :sweatsmile:

JWS has been the person that I’ve interacted with most as well as TedDougChris.

Well, that's all we have time for here on the first edition of the RRT for Season 26. We'll all be making our debuts this Sunday, which makes for exciting times, and I look forward to seeing who else can impress in their debut season. We'll be bringing on new rookies wherever we can, expanding the discussion and getting as many active rookies as we can involved. I've been your host, rookies, time to disassemble. Don't we all have menial tasks to do around the club?

Last edited:

Great stuff.

I look forward to reading more of the stuff in the coming weeks.

My thoughts on Match Threads, don't let them scare you, just be yourself, and if all else fails, just get the posts back onto Qooty. ( I love to try and banter with the opposing Ruck, I find it gets me back on track)

Shut the **** up would ya, let the rookies have their moments
Moments over.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't rate a mention after my three goal pre season form - I'll show every last one of ya!!!

If I could invite more than 5 people to the PM I would have :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back