Toast The Roos Effect - A Rooserrection

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching roosy in the huddle celebrating with the boys I wonder how he could walk away in 2 years if we progress

Let's say in 2 years he takes us to 11th and we Win 8 games , he is going to be so attached to the playing group an vice verca I can't believe he would miss the benefits his foundations Laid

After watching roosy in the huddle celebrating with the boys I wonder how he could walk away in 2 years if we progress

Let's say in 2 years he takes us to 11th and we Win 8 games , he is going to be so attached to the playing group an vice verca I can't believe he would miss the benefits his foundations Laid
There has been a bit of early mail for this. Stories being told PJ set it up from the get go. Roosy was shattered with the lads' mental state when first meeting them.

*Please note that there really hasn't been anything of substances, all rumour.

I don't want to get carried away speculating if he'll stay or not. Just want him to do the right thing for the team he has now. As the song says, we've only just begun.
Yeah I've heard stuff for a couple of weeks now but haven't really said anything because the sources haven't been real flash. I'm definitely not sold.

Also against my better judgement I think I can see who will get a good go under Roos and who won't , clearly defensive minded players will wt first priority so mckenzie , bail , terlich, cross , Jetta an guys who help stop the opposition will get games

Strauss tappy blease toump Salem an co will play 2,s until they are defensively up to scratch

Also against my better judgement I think I can see who will get a good go under Roos and who won't , clearly defensive minded players will wt first priority so mckenzie , bail , terlich, cross , Jetta an guys who help stop the opposition will get games

Strauss tappy blease toump Salem an co will play 2,s until they are defensively up to scratch

McKenzie was my fav player a few years ago (Bailey era). I would love to see him get back to where he was with his run with game and add some foot skills in there too.

Quirky stat that is totally irrelevant to our current situation but I just have to get it off my chest.

We've only lost one round 4 match since 2009 (Doggies in 2012). If we made a ladder of the past 6 round 4 matches I would say we'd be at worst second behind maybe Geelong? We'd be 5 wins, 1 loss and have a very healthy percentage of 140.9. :eek:

Can't wait for round 4 next year! (Unless we play Geelong)

Quirky stat that is totally irrelevant to our current situation but I just have to get it off my chest.

We've only lost one round 4 match since 2009 (Doggies in 2012). If we made a ladder of the past 6 round 4 matches I would say we'd be at worst second behind maybe Geelong? We'd be 5 wins, 1 loss and have a very healthy percentage of 140.9. :eek:

Can't wait for round 4 next year! (Unless we play Geelong)
Interesting! Now I'm trying to recall them all:
2014 - suck it Carlton!
2013 - ran all over GWS kids late
2012 - loss to the Dogs as above
2011 - beat Richmond?
2010 - beat Brisbane?
2009 - Richmond again?

Talking about quirky weird stats, I couldn't help noticing Hamish Mclachlan say something about Melbournes last wins being Fitzroy and University during the Carlton game then on game day. Hamish on game day along these lines "a remarkable stat going into that game the demons had won against 0 of the current 17 teams the last wins being over Fitzroy and University." I'm not sure if it makes sense even so it's a stupid stat. Here's a link to game day he says it around 5.30 minutes. Can anyone make sense out of it https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/gameday/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't know when to shut up. Has a story about every player and spends 5 minutes spitting it out each time they get the ball rather than following the action.
This.
I recall the Essendon match a couple of years ago. Every time James Magner got the ball, I had to hear about how he single-handedly built Eastlink.

Talking about quirky weird stats, I couldn't help noticing Hamish Mclachlan say something about Melbournes last wins being Fitzroy and University during the Carlton game then on game day. Hamish on game day along these lines "a remarkable stat going into that game the demons had won against 0 of the current 17 teams the last wins being over Fitzroy and University." I'm not sure if it makes sense even so it's a stupid stat. Here's a link to game day he says it around 5.30 minutes. Can anyone make sense out of it https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/gameday/
He's a tool. I didn't understand it but I guess what theseventhamster said makes sense.

Channel 7 commentary really needs a fix up. Friday night's are ok, but the other games are so dull. For example on Saturday night's you have Brian Taylor commentating and then the rest are special comments guys, it's just dull watching. Also how has Sandy been allowed to be poached by foxtel. Channel 7 had a perfectly good commentator there and never offered him a spot or enough money to get him out of commentary retirement. Channel 7 really need to be the ones doing the poaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back