Toast The Roos Effect - A Rooserrection

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 commentary really needs a fix up. Friday night's are ok, but the other games are so dull. For example on Saturday night's you have Brian Taylor commentating and then the rest are special comments guys, it's just dull watching. Also how has Sandy been allowed to be poached by foxtel. Channel 7 had a perfectly good commentator there and never offered him a spot or enough money to get him out of commentary retirement. Channel 7 really need to be the ones doing the poaching.

I said on the game day thread how good was it to hear sandy again, no bullshit commentator just calls the play without any gay innuendos

Last year when heading in to watch each game there was no hope of victory, literally felt like there was zero chance, so the only reason to go in was to support the team, not for any entertainment value (on the field anyway). At least now with some defensive structure and an improved midfield I'm starting to feel that there is at least some chance of victory now, even if it's just a 1% chance. Obviously tonight we are mass outsiders, but I still feel there is a small chance of us getting up, and that makes me actually excited to go along. The Roos effect :rainbow:

Last year when heading in to watch each game there was no hope of victory, literally felt like there was zero chance, so the only reason to go in was to support the team, not for any entertainment value (on the field anyway). At least now with some defensive structure and an improved midfield I'm starting to feel that there is at least some chance of victory now, even if it's just a 1% chance. Obviously tonight we are mass outsiders, but I still feel there is a small chance of us getting up, and that makes me actually excited to go along. The Roos effect :rainbow:

Yup last year you could have literally forfeited a bunch of games an no one would have cared we almost set ourself for a handful of games that were possible and nothing else
This year as shown by Saints, Nth, WB etc anyone can beat anyone if they show up

Tonight will be a real test. If we can get close and really take it up to the Swans it will be the first time in god knows how long that we've probably had a decent three game stretch without a ten goal plus margin. It's a little thing, but surely that has to be good for the confidence of the players.

Apparently the gold coast loss is the closest loss we had since Richmond round 22 2011.

JEEPERS!!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

This is the first time since rounds 2-5 in 2010, that we've managed to be within 40 points for 4 consecutive games.
On that occasion we lost to the pies by a point, and won our next 3 matches :eek:
In fact, we ended up getting within 40 points between rounds 2-9 in that same year, 8 consecutive matches including 4 wins and 2 results within a goal (Pies, lol petterd and WB Ryan Griffen dribble with 30 secs left).

This is the first time since rounds 2-5 in 2010, that we've managed to be within 40 points for 4 consecutive games.
On that occasion we lost to the pies by a point, and won our next 3 matches :eek:
In fact, we ended up getting within 40 points between rounds 2-9 in that same year, 8 consecutive matches including 4 wins and 2 results within a goal (Pies, lol petterd and WB Ryan Griffen dribble with 30 secs left).

Ah I remember those days when we were the next Geelong:drunk:

Look, we've been bad, but I think that both this year and next year will pull us out of the "Carlton 00s bad" funk.

Harsh on Carlton. And I'm serious. Carlton 2002-2008 on pure win loss is a better side than Melbourne 2007-2013

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never discount your history.

No offense but the history of this club has been the downfall of it, The club was held back in being the powehouse of the 50's and 60's so long it didnt realise it had become almost irrelevant by the 90's

We need to start making our own history because its impossible for the majority of fans to connect with the past

No offense but the history of this club has been the downfall of it, The club was held back in being the powehouse of the 50's and 60's so long it didnt realise it had become almost irrelevant by the 90's

We need to start making our own history because its impossible for the majority of fans to connect with the past
You have to find the balance though. You can't discount it but as you said, you can't be tied to it either.

Fans should be proud of their history however. But you're right about needing to make some new history.

You have to find the balance though. You can't discount it but as you said, you can't be tied to it either.

Fans should be proud of their history however. But you're right about needing to make some new history.

Absolutely and we should be proud of the history of this great club, Lets hope to build some more soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back