The Round 1 2019 team thread...

AFL Club
Essendon
Firstly truly sad news about Tom Mitchell. Everyone at the end of the day wants to see the best players playing no matter the team. Hopefully he gets back to his best. I initially had the hawks slipping out of the 8 for 2019 but having a look at some of the best 22's im changing my mind, even without mitchell. Quality experience and youth all over the ground. If they can keep most on the park from here, no one is going to look forward to playing the hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SHAKESPEARE

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, NY Mets
B: Hardwick Frawley Stratton
HB: Burgoyne Mirra Sicily
M: Smith O’Meara Wingard
HF: Bruest Gunston Impey
F: Puopolo Roughead Minchington
FOLL: McEvoy Shiels Worpel
IC: Morrison Cousins Howe Schoenmakers

WWSD

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
With Mitchell out the added responsibility now falls on the likes of Smith, O’Meara, Scully, Shiels, Burgoyne, Worpel and Howe.

Outside the best 22 Cousins and Minchington could make a case for Round 1 depending on how their pre-season form goes.

Mitchell out leaves a big hole in the team. I’m sure Clarkson the rest of the coaching staff are probably planning what the new midfield setup might look like for this year.

It’s a big ask for a second year player like Worpel to expect him to suddenly dominate given he’s only 19, but if he can improve on last year’s output and play around 15-20 games and up his disposal average then that may cover the loss ever so slightly.

Cousins is another who hopefully is best 22 by seasons end as I think he can add something to our inside midfield stocks.

Mitchell54

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
St Kilda fans were saying that Minchington would also dominate the midfield at VFL level. Worth a sustained run at the midfield at AFL level they said. Let’s see if he can do it given the opportunity.

Top Bottom