Prediction The Round 23 Equation: Where do we finish

Where will we finish?

• 5th - Fold the club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is always a negative no matter how I say it, but teams that lose the qualifying final have to play four games just like anyone from 5th to 8th. If we can somehow get nic back maybe we can make a charge from 5th? I dunno I guess I'm clutching at straws here...
Yeah if you're a Melbourne team who can get a home final in semi or prelim you have a chance

Unless we can reload and win in 2020

While you should never say never. I’d be leaning towards us finishing lower not higher next year.

Finishing fifth is a kick the balls after a year of hard graft and the older players will have to put up for another 22 games plus finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reigning premiers who had top 2 (pretty much a GF) in their own hands and blew it in the space of 2 weeks. Anything less than challenging again is going backwards = failure.

Making top 4 is hard, going to the GF is even harder, winning a flag is something only one team can do.

In the end the list isn't good enough this year - so far. 5th is probably where we are at - bear in mind our final win-loss record is only one game behind last year too. That's how footy goes.

I suppose you'll be starting a sack Simmo petition tonight.

And even if we bomb out (pun intended) against Essendon in two weeks it certainly won't be the worst ever premiership defence - not even the worst premiership defence in the past three years, either.

Think some forget in the era of equalisation that it's bloody hard to win flags.

And even if we bomb out (pun intended) against Essendon in two weeks it certainly won't be the worst ever premiership defence - not even the worst premiership defence in the past three years, either.

Think some forget in the era of equalisation that it's bloody hard to win flags.
Yeah but the team was 30 points ahead in a game to lock up top 4 last week and lost then put in a horrible performance last night. Been in top 4 since what round? Then drop out on last game of season is just terribly disappointing. Simpson not showing any anger is equally disappointing

I’d take it if we went as hard as we could and there were just 4 teams better than us.. but we’re clearly one of the top 2 sides in the comp, we’ve just choked ourselves out of going again. Collingwood, Richmond, Hawthorn. Win just one of those and we’re top 4 with a solid chance.. Win 2 and we’re nearly guaranteed at least a home prelim.

Cheers

Just a big hard to stomach when last night the t3am did not give a stuff. When the only played 2 x 4 quarter games, Collingwood early in the season and Freo late.

What a,way to piss a year up the wall.

I’d take it if we went as hard as we could and there were just 4 teams better than us.. but we’re clearly one of the top 2 sides in the comp, we’ve just choked ourselves out of going again. Collingwood, Richmond, Hawthorn. Win just one of those and we’re top 4 with a solid chance.. Win 2 and we’re nearly guaranteed at least a home prelim.

Don't agree with that, Geelong destroyed us, Sydney demolished us (an eventual bottom four side), a Collingwood B side scraped past us at home, and of course last night as well were among many games that demonstrated we were well off top 2.

Just a thought. 6 weeks ago most would have said nic nat was no chance to return for the rest of the year.

Would you take nic nat in for finals and a 5th placed finish, or 4th with no Nic Nat?

Big call but I almost think we are a higher chance to win the flag from 5th with Nic Nat back in, than we would be without Nic but having the double chance. The fijian god’s influence cannot be understated to our midfield

Just a thought. 6 weeks ago most would have said nic nat was no chance to return for the rest of the year.

Would you take nic nat in for finals and a 5th placed finish, or 4th with no Nic Nat?

Big call but I almost think we are a higher chance to win the flag from 5th with Nic Nat back in, than we would be without Nic but having the double chance. The fijian god’s influence cannot be understated to our midfield

Depends. NN wouldn't of saved us on Sat night. Maybe in the Richmond game.

Which WCE are we going to get? The one that cares or the one that does not?

I think its no surprise that many of our best players this year were the ones who missed a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't agree with that, Geelong destroyed us, Sydney demolished us (an eventual bottom four side), a Collingwood B side scraped past us at home, and of course last night as well were among many games that demonstrated we were well off top 2.
Yeah but we aren’t going to win all 22 games so the losses have to come from somewhere.. it’s those 3 I mentioned that are the most disappointing as we weren’t necessarily completely outplayed, we lost the game more than the opposition winning it. The lack of expectation is probably a good thing going into finals, but the travel will ultimately be the end of us. Still think even if we snuck into 4th we would’ve given it a real crack but every possible result went against us these past 2 weeks.

Fourth. Nics body (and a few others for that matter) won’t make it through 4 brutal finals games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back