Prediction The Round 23 Equation: Where do we finish

Where will we finish?

• 5th - Fold the club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions haven't won at the G in over 5 years and haven't beaten Richmond there in over 10. Haven't won a final there in 15.

Since 2009 they have played 22 games there for a record of 2-1-19 (W-D-L).

Granted, 2009 was their last winning season, with 2012 and 2013 (10W-12L) their next best before this year.
Man that used to sound like our MCG record

Also a big win for Richmond will see them overtaking Brisbane (and may be WCE if WCE is not beating Hawthorn by a big margin) to sit at 2nd position hosting either WCE or Brisbane.
Will be interesting to see how Richmond control their accelelator at the last quarter.
To overtake us we would have to win by around 10 points and Richmond win by 60 points. To overtake Brisbane they would have to beat them by around 70 points and hope that we win by that same 10 point margin. Of course, if we lose then we’ll probably drop to 5th if the Pies and Tiggies win.

To overtake us we would have to win by around 10 points and Richmond win by 60 points. To overtake Brisbane they would have to beat them by around 70 points and hope that we win by that same 10 point margin. Of course, if we lose then we’ll probably drop to 5th if the Pies and Tiggies win.
As we discussed this before, Richmond-Brisbane games is on Sunday, they have the benefit of knowing the results of the other games to decide :
1. whether they want to be in the 3rd or 4th positions in order to play the first final in Melbourne against Geelong; OR
2. spend extra energy to beat Brisbane by a big margin in order to host the first final in Melbourne.

As we discussed this before, Richmond-Brisbane games is on Sunday, they have the benefit of knowing the results of the other games to decide :
1. whether they want to be in the 3rd or 4th positions in order to play the first final in Melbourne against Geelong; OR
2. spend extra energy to beat Brisbane by a big margin in order to host the first final in Melbourne.

If Geelong win and are sitting 1st and Tigers are in the lead, will be interesting just how blatant their margin management is.

A couple deliberate rushed behinds (leading to free kicks) if they're at risk to jump into 3rd place and face Brisbane at the GABBA?

Yes it will be very interesting to see what they do. Clearly their preference would to be to play Geelong at the G. Tbh I don’t mind this because as I’ve said before I think that playing an inexperienced team who haven’t played finals for 11 years is not a bad option for us either.

Not sure if this has been posted, but if you like happy endings or fairytale finishes, this may suit?
I'm not prepared to drink the bathwater yet, like someone said "one game at a time!"
Hope this is ok re posting stuff..

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted, but if you like happy endings or fairytale finishes, this may suit?
I'm not prepared to drink the bathwater yet, like someone said "one game at a time!"
Hope this is delivered ok re posting stuff..

I’ll put up a tweet of me doing nude cartwheels if this happens

Go Blues!

This.

Why are we dismissing the idea that Carlton can take the Cats this week? They’ve been in great form, pushed us and Richmond at the G, and, like the tigers, they’ve not travelled for weeks. The cats are looking less and less convincing and are coming back from a warm Brisbane game that went to the wire.

Teague’s blues would love a scalp like this to finish their season. IMO they’re as much, if not more chance of winning this than the Hawks are against us, or of us blowing the hawks out of the water.

Plus, imagine it, if we win as well, it would mean BOTH Geelong AND Richmond would be travelling outside Victoria in week 1.

Go Blues!

6 day break wont be a problem mentally as the players will know they have a weeks break before the finals.

My concern is if we get 4 - 5 goals up late in the 3rd we might slip into holiday mode a quarter too early like we did against the saints last year before the bye.

Hawthorn will pile on the goals if we get complacent. We must play the four quarters.

This.

Why are we dismissing the idea that Carlton can take the Cats this week? They’ve been in great form, pushed us and Richmond at the G, and, like the tigers, they’ve not travelled for weeks. The cats are looking less and less convincing and are coming back from a warm Brisbane game that went to the wire.

Teague’s blues would love a scalp like this to finish their season. IMO they’re as much, if not more chance of winning this than the Hawks are against us, or of us blowing the hawks out of the water.

Plus, imagine it, if we win as well, it would mean BOTH Geelong AND Richmond would be travelling outside Victoria in week 1.

Go Blues!

Having said that though, it would be exactly our recent luck for us to beat Hawks and Blues to take Cats slotting us nicely into 2nd then the Tigers running rampant against an exhasted and ready-for-the-bye Brisbane and winning by 13 goals. Relegating us to 3rd anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong win and are sitting 1st and Tigers are in the lead, will be interesting just how blatant their margin management is.

A couple deliberate rushed behinds (leading to free kicks) if they're at risk to jump into 3rd place and face Brisbane at the GABBA?
Just doing the ladder predictor it gets interesting. Say we get a standard 30 point win over the Hawks. Going into the game, Geelong sit in top spot having beaten Carlton.
Richmond by up to 40 points = Geel Bris WC Rich
Richmond 40-60 points = Geel WC Bris Rich
Richmond 60-70 points = Geel WC Rich Bris
Richmond 80+ = Geel Rich WC Bris

There would be no incentive for them to belt Brisbane. I reckon they'll prefer playing Geelong to us. If Collingwood lose, they might just rest a few players.

If we don't win it then I hope Brisbane get up. I hope Richmond fail so ******* hard that Jack cries like a little baby. Hopefully 1 point loss in a GF.
Really hard for an Interstate team to get over one of the home sides in a grand final. You have to be significantly better. Most likely the same for any visiting side. That's why top 2 is crucial. But I think we are good enough to win it from anywhere.

This.

Go Blues!

I think the Blues have a very good chance against the Cats. The home ground is going to make it a huge challenge for them but as you said they'll want a big scalp.

I think the Blues have a very good chance against the Cats. The home ground is going to make it a huge challenge for them but as you said they'll want a big scalp.
Beating Geelong on their home ground in your last match for the year would make the beer taste that much better on Mad Monday.

There's nothing to lose for a plucky young side filled with pith and vinegar.

Do it Carlton!

Back