Current The Ruby Princess Criminal Probe

Remove this Banner Ad

On Thursday 19th March, the Ruby Princess cruise ship docked in Sydney Harbour after an 11-day round trip to New Zealand. Despite the ship previously logging 158 cases of illness, all 2,700 passengers on board were allowed to disembark at Sydney’s Circular Quay and return to their homes.

To date more than 600 people connected to the Ruby Princess have tested positive for COVID 19 across Australia and more than a dozen have died making this ship the single biggest source of coronavirus infections in Australia accounting for 30 per cent of virus deaths thus far.

It's now the subject of a criminal investigation known as Strike Force Bast, comprising a team of 30 detectives from across State Crime, Counter Terrorism and Special Tactics and Marine Area Commands.

The blame game between NSW Health, Border Force and the NSW Port Authority has begun while NSW Police have raided the Ruby Princess to seize evidence and interrogate the crew.

The Ruby Princess was registered in Bermuda and is owned by Miami-based luxury cruise company Carnival Corporation, the world's largest cruise line operator. It’s been based in Australia since late 2019, where the company has an expanding local operation through its Carnival Cruise Line branch.

This will be a political football of epic proportions.

Unless investigators can find evidence on the ship that they withheld information, looks like it's on to this point Border Force first and NSW Health. The state port authority after trying to raise an alarm is off the hook.

About 200 of the remaining 1,000 crew have flu like symptoms and 18 have tested positive for the virus.

Unless investigators can find evidence on the ship that they withheld information, looks like it's on to this point Border Force first and NSW Health. The state port authority after trying to raise an alarm is off the hook.

“Border Force”

“Home Affairs”

Dutton the professional snake.

There is absolutely zero chance he takes any responsibility whatsoever.

This lady was apprehensive about taking a booking to take a passenger from the Ruby Princess home but was reassured. She ended up in hospital with tubes up her nose.

My family dodged a bullet, we flew into Sydney that day and caught the train into town and walked around circular quay, we then flew back to Adelaide, my mum sat next to two people off the boat and we sat behind.
My wife was tested a few days after we got home after showing symptoms but tested negative.

My family dodged a bullet, we flew into Sydney that day and caught the train into town and walked around circular quay, we then flew back to Adelaide, my mum sat next to two people off the boat and we sat behind.
My wife was tested a few days after we got home after showing symptoms but tested negative.

So you were some of the early self isolators Froggy :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope they throw Gladys in jail. She is as corrupt as they come

Uh oh ...

strange article

the article states that border force are not responsible yet the title says something completely different

click bait

I wonder how many people will or have been mislead by this ABC article

1) But when the Carnival Cruises ship docked at Sydney's Overseas Passenger Terminal at 2:29am on March 19, NSW Health had already decided it would not attend dockside.

2) "No ABF officer had authority to make biosecurity decisions in relation to the Ruby Princess," Border Force said.

"The ABF's responsibility also ensures that no-one enters Australia with contraband and all passengers and crew are either Australian citizens or have an appropriate visa."

I wonder how many people will or have been mislead by this ABC article

1) But when the Carnival Cruises ship docked at Sydney's Overseas Passenger Terminal at 2:29am on March 19, NSW Health had already decided it would not attend dockside.

2) "No ABF officer had authority to make biosecurity decisions in relation to the Ruby Princess," Border Force said.

"The ABF's responsibility also ensures that no-one enters Australia with contraband and all passengers and crew are either Australian citizens or have an appropriate visa."

Yet ABF was tasked to attend which they did and misread the report. It's a bit messy though, agree.

But at 5:59am on March 19, a senior officer with the Australian Border Force, Officer O, who the ABC has chosen not to name, was tasked by his supervisor to investigate ill passengers on the Ruby Princess.

Agriculture's biosecurity officer did not recall being asked for clearance to disembark passengers or baggage, or ABF being asked for clearance, according to the Commonwealth's submission.

But the shipping company's port agent told the commission that clearance came from the ABF and Agriculture.

Yet ABF was tasked to attend which they did and misread the report. It's a bit messy though, agree.

But at 5:59am on March 19, a senior officer with the Australian Border Force, Officer O, who the ABC has chosen not to name, was tasked by his supervisor to investigate ill passengers on the Ruby Princess.

Agriculture's biosecurity officer did not recall being asked for clearance to disembark passengers or baggage, or ABF being asked for clearance, according to the Commonwealth's submission.

But the shipping company's port agent told the commission that clearance came from the ABF and Agriculture.

no doubt it creates for a nice story but I'm not sure if ABF assumes responsibility for dept of health under any circumstance.

Can you confirm the ABF has powers relating to health? please provide the link to the legislation.

further from a practical perspective, please consider what the ABF officer misread.

it wasn't a misread on covid testing, it was a misread in influenza. Do you think an ABF officer has the power or experience to call for covid testing?

no doubt it creates for a nice story but I'm not sure if ABF assumes responsibility for dept of health under any circumstance.

Can you confirm the ABF has powers relating to health? please provide the link to the legislation.

This is why it's messy. Why was the ABF called in for an assessment if not their responsibility?

This is why it's messy. Why was the ABF called in for an assessment if not their responsibility?
Maybe ABF did quality control on other Govt Department recommendations and draft decisions/recommendations?

Surely you would not leave key national security/border control data interpretation to a lone officer.

Surely you'd want to build in quality control so that a 2nd set of eyes looked over every piece of material data that formed decisions to make sure there were no mistakes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back