TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
Les Bleus show their skill!

Abysmal game from the Wallabies, with the English forward pack just way too strong.

Would like to see France or the Pumas win now.

ShearMagic9

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 30, 2005
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle United, SA Spurs
How pumped were we for last night?

We never really gave Australia a sniff. We had the majority of the forward pressure and Jonny Wilkinson is to Australia what Shane Warne is to England ;).

France won too, it's funny, a South African at my dads worked tipped both results.

Corrosion

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2005
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barnsley
What the **** was Mortlock on last night? He has been nailing most of his kicks all tournament. ****, it was frustrating to see him miss those 3 penalty chances.

Why the **** was Drew Mitchell not starting? He is the most dangerous player we've got. :mad:

Lowie01

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2003
In limbo.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MVFC - 2009 Premiers
How awesome was the France game?

Loved every minute of it.

Wasn't it brilliant? After watching that turgid 80 minutes from us last night it was refreshing to see two teams play such a competitive, hard and skilful Test match. And a wonderful result. Four more years...

As for the Wallabies, I can't think of one player who actually played to their ability. Just woeful. I hope I never see that front row represent Australia again. England should have won by 20, if they had any ability to score tries. We can only hope France give them more opposition next week.

chaddles

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2007
In the trees
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
What the **** was Mortlock on last night? He has been nailing most of his kicks all tournament. ****, it was frustrating to see him miss those 3 penalty chances.

Why the **** was Drew Mitchell not starting? He is the most dangerous player we've got. :mad:

Mortlock has always been a pretty ordinary kicker. He has improved slightly but has never been one of the elite kickers.
No surprise at NZ choking yet again- and I got ridiculed earlier in this thread because I said South Africa would win it, and NZ would choke!!

topdon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2002
St. Louis, MO
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
St. Louis Cardinals
Matt Dunning is crap!!!! I hate the way Kearns pumps up the tires of this lump or lard! He is a plodder at best.

And Kiwis ... four more years boys!! LOL!

Are there bigger chokers in World sport?? They had their squad pull out of the S14 to prepare for the WC, then they 'once again' get their pants pulled down by the French! Hahahahah!!

Apr 10, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bushrangers
That is hilarious, most people assumed the All Blacks surely couldn't choke again...some bloke chucked $5 million on them to win the tournament at something like 1.70. I guess they have a huge mental stumbling block.

justthedukes

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bulls, Storm, Tottenham
That is hilarious, most people assumed the All Blacks surely couldn't choke again...some bloke chucked $5 million on them to win the tournament at something like 1.70. I guess they have a huge mental stumbling block.

Are you serious? 5 Million??

Geeez, no matter how rich the bloke would be, that would hurt.

hype

Club Legend
May 28, 2007
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, PNE
Has New Zealand just won the biggest chokers in the world award? Being favorites in almost every world cup and only winning one? How can they not be in contention for this award.

They were $1.40 favorites and did not even make the semis. :eek:

diesel and dust

All Australian
Jan 29, 2007
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly
Thank christ we got a decent quarter final ...That was a great game :thumbsu:

The wallaby game was s**t....so was the result :(

The key, was the ref in the all blacks-france match putting the whistle away for the last 10 minutes and letting the game build momentum......

Union's biggest problem is too many of the refs blow the pea out of whistle ...

Hopefully that ref gets the final (notwithstanding the fact the he missed a pass that led to a try, that was so forward i thought i was watching a game of gridiron :p)

My loyalties are with France and Argentina now.......Hopefully one of them can kick on........ Won't be happy with a Springboks or Pommy win

Cheshire Cat

Cancelled
May 31, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, Red Sox, Celtics
New Zealand are bigger chokers than us, but we're still underachievers.

NZ hasn't even made the final in the last three World Cups, the last one they made they lost to South Africa. They must be going mental in NZ, a rugby made nation.

I hope France wins

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Wallabies were very very disappointing.

The scrum was always going to be a problem but it was at the breakdown were totally outplayed and muscled. The back row was very in-effective (even Smith).

On leaving mitchell out of the starting line up I initially agreed with that. His defence is very weak, however he was good when he came on, so in hindsight he should of started.

Gregan was woeful. His delivery was so slow, and as a result the back line never got going. How many times did Lote touch the ball? 3 maybe.

As many of my english friends commented, we never fired a shot.

however allez les blues ! I just love watching the sea-bass play.

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
Thank christ we got a decent quarter final ...That was a great game :thumbsu:

The wallaby game was s**t....so was the result :(

The key, was the ref in the all blacks-france match putting the whistle away for the last 10 minutes and letting the game build momentum......

Union's biggest problem is too many of the refs blow the pea out of whistle ...

Hopefully that ref gets the final (notwithstanding the fact the he missed a pass that led to a try, that was so forward i thought i was watching a game of gridiron :p)

My loyalties are with France and Argentina now.......Hopefully one of them can kick on........ Won't be happy with a Springboks or Pommy win

Thought the referee was pretty good and yeah I agree with the forward pass, it was exactly that, forward.

usalion

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Board HoF
Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland

The ref for the NZ-France match was Wayne Barnes of England- with England in the semis, I think he is ruled out of the final- will probably be an aussie, Kiwi, Irishman or Welshman. Thought stu Dickinson did well with matches I've seen.

Sep 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
I watch the Wallabies every chance I can, but i'm not a hardcore union fan. There are two things that always seem to be a problem for us: a weak scrum and terrible goal kicking. It seems like our forward pack has been shizen for a few years now and nothing has changed. Guys like Dunning and Baxter don't seem to be world class players yet continue to get a game. And is Mortrlock really the best kicker we've got. We really need someone who is pretty much lights-out when taking the penalties.

Our kicking has always been s**t.Just like the last world cup if we could have kicked straight we would have won:thumbsdown:
Well atleast we have Cricket:thumbsu:

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
I hope SA win. I always hated SA teams, but this team they have now are hard as granite, and almost unbelievably (for an SA team) they have a bit of charisma about them. They're confident but not particularly arrogant. I like 'em.

chaddles

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2007
In the trees
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
NZ didn't choke. They were beaten by a superbFrench effort.France arealways capable ofastunning comeback now and again.

Your a tool!!

17107.jpg

Officially as of today, the new universal signs for choking is.......

haka.jpg

hakarugby2.jpg

As a casual RWC watcher I remembered seeing the NZ-Fra semi in 99 and had a funny feeling if I stayed up I'd see a repeat dosage - wasn't funny enough for me to unload a sizeable chunk of cash on it though, as always.

Just a superb match and isn't it fantastic to see the Kiwis fall over again.

Back