The Rugby World Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The ref for the NZ-France match was Wayne Barnes of England- with England in the semis, I think he is ruled out of the final- will probably be an aussie, Kiwi, Irishman or Welshman. Thought stu Dickinson did well with matches I've seen.

Irishman Alain Rolland (who did our game) has the final...and there goes a spectacle. Northern Hemisphere referees have ruined the game.

Any chance of an England:Argentina final? Thats where my money lies. I suspect france will pip england (home ground advantage), but I think Argentina have a solid case against the Safricans. :thumbsu:

Any chance of an England:Argentina final? Thats where my money lies. I suspect france will pip england (home ground advantage), but I think Argentina have a solid case against the Safricans. :thumbsu:

The home ground advantage thing is interesting, I mean I tend to agree with you that France will probably win but then I thought Australia would mash us up last weekend.

But Will Carling in the paper today says that it's good the game is in France because the French have a habit of succumbing to the expectation of their own crowd.

Although having said that I bet about 40% of the crowd are Englsih anyway, managed about parity in the WC final 4 years ago.

It'd be a fairytale to see Argentina make the final but the Saffers should really be too good. Wouldn't surprise me if the Pumas made it though, it's been a fascinating World Cup.

i'm struggling to stay awake :)

should be an interesting game........apparently 40000 poms have crossed the channel for the game.... most of them knowing they won't get a ticket but just want to watch it in a french pub to stick it up the frog fans :p

apparently kenny rogers has jumped on the poms bandwagon after he heard they were using 'the gambler' as motivation (i guess they were sick of 'eye of the tiger' :))

here's a clip of Kenny boy sending the poms a message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yWJsW5WN5Y

go the French!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SWING LOW, SWEET CHARIOT, COMING FOR TO CARRY ME HOME!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOT. Get in!

No-one thought england would get to the final :D. And when you think about it, Johnny had an absolute shocker (apart from the last two kicks). :thumbsu:.

Now Argentina must win! and its going to be a cracker final. :eek:

No-one though england would get to the final :D. And when you think about it, Johnny had an absolute shocker (apart from the last two kicks). :thumbsu:.

Now Argentina must win! and its going to be a cracker final. :eek:

Course not... we've been lulling the world into thinking that we're crap... Fantastic work from Ashton after the moron Robinson

Johnny was pretty awful, Shuts those critics up who say we're a one man kicking team. Bring on the Saffies or the Argies!!!:thumbsu:

Course not... we've been lulling the world into thinking that we're crap... Fantastic work from Ashton after the moron Robinson

Johnny was pretty awful, Shuts those critics up who say we're a one man kicking team. Bring on the Saffies or the Argies!!!:thumbsu:

I know it'll be reaching, but if England win. I have money on them from when they were $41 (during the early group stage). :D

It will be pleasing to see England lose in the final.

An England victory would be terrible for the sport.

It will be pleasing to see England lose in the final.

An England victory would be terrible for the sport.

A part of me knows you speak the truth. If England win it'll be the most hilarious travesty in Rugby history. But still, this is fckn fantastic Haha!

France choked- they played thier final last week and celebrated too much.

Funny to see on the replay now at one end (the left hand side) there are tw bays of gold.........clearly Aussie supporters who have the tickets and can't change thier flight home

Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me home
Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me home

Fantastic win. Average age of 32 but it's that sort of experience that got us over the line :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back