Rumour The Rumour File - All the off-season mutterings with no base in reality

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's hoping - the cryptic tweets during a time during trade week give me the shits, I can't imagine he'd be going anywhere.

Nicho has talent but no point getting attached to fringe player guys, if he is the means to an end trading a 3 game rookie is fine by me.

For something good obviously he is only a sweetener

Nicho has talent but no point getting attached to fringe player guys, if he is the means to an end trading a 3 game rookie is fine by me.

For something good obviously he is only a sweetener

Agree with the sentiment, but Nicho is one of two players on our list with genuine, elite pace. Blease being the other. Really don't want to see him go (not that I think there's any chance of it) as he's got plenty of improvement left in him. Hell only 18 months ago he was playing amateurs!

But again I'm sure there's nothing in it...

Probably should have described it as line breaking pace- Nicho is lightning and has strong hips making him very hard to tackle. Blease will get there (as evidenced by dominating the GC kids).

Davey doesn't have the pace anymore, nowhere near it sadly (not just basing that on this year either).

Bennel doesn't break lines enough for his pace to be of any benefit, and is easy to tackle if u get a hand near him.

Watts fair call, I think next year and beyond we'll get to see it more often too.

I'm think Watts, Bennell and Davey all have elite pace.

Especially since Watts is the 3rd or 4th fastest 20 metre sprinter in the history of the DC.

Buddy's also very quick, forwards are pretty quick these days, no hulking giants that can take huge pack marks :/

Posted on D&T board, by MFC BF poster with an account created this month & I'm about 100.1% sure it's a troll, but anyway:

"Overheard a few young demons players in my mates pizza shop in chapel st today talking about potential future teammates...
One of them, drafted in 2008 said he is hoping "Timmy harrington can get his U18 oakleigh chargers teammate's deal done" ....
2008 oakleigh charger players are:
Hannaberry
Z Clarke
L shuey
J Strauss

J LISLE
( can only assume the other 3 are out of our league..)

I think the dees are making a serious play for this boy...
What would we SERIOUSLY offer them for his services?
( no Morton maric bate crap ideas either... )
Understand only 5 games in 4 years ain't great, but next year will be his 4th yr as a tall KPP...."

Claiming to have heard Strauss say in a pizza shop amongst a group of other MFC players he hopes Lisle comes to Melbourne.

Sounds like a done deal if I've ever heard one

That's a fair stretch, which HS journo will report it as fact tomorrow?

Anyway, can't trade rookie listed players, so it's more likely to be about what he's going to have for dinner than revealing a hushed trade secret
I'm pretty sure you can trade rookies.
Shane Mumford was traded to Sydney from the Geelong rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a joke CJ.
Everyone is so serious at present.
surely you did not think I was serious
Look at the thread title.
It only lasted about 2 hours.

If you say so... For future reference the thread is not called 'Make up a BS trade for teh lulz!!1!1!'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back