News The Rumoured Amazon Prime Documentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
I guess everyone heard there was an Amazon film crew following the Tigers this year, I searched the board for threads with amazon and found nothing.

Anyone know the level of access the crew were given and what/when we can expect to see something? I'm hoping for a 'The Last Dance/Drive to Survive' kinda quality and insight, but won't hold my breath.

i believe it should be out around March next year. Is being produced by the same crew who did “The Test” for Amazon and Ch7, so that’s more the style to expect.

Haere Ra
Cheers Kiwi. :thumbsu: I haven't watched "The Test" yet but I will over the next few weeks.

Cheers Kiwi. :thumbsu: I haven't watched "The Test" yet but I will over the next few weeks.

One of the best sports doco I've seen.

Really pumped for this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i believe it should be out around March next year. Is being produced by the same crew who did “The Test” for Amazon and Ch7, so that’s more the style to expect.

Haere Ra
The Test was great, even if I'm not actually a fan of the team.

Really looking forward to the half time in the GF bit. I heard someone, Chief I think, reference that the cameras were in the sheds then.

The Test was very good. Can’t wait for this. Going to be epic!

Amazon have done a series of docos "All or nothing" which focussed on one NFL team each year since about 2015. They are great (with the exception of the Cowboys one which is just a showcase for Jerry Jones and family).

Really good insight behind the scenes and definitely worth a watch if you have Prime. Since the NFL ones they've also done a couple of soccer ones I think too, but I haven't watched them.

I'm very much hoping the Richmond one is in the "All or nothing" vein as we'll be in for a treat

Can't afford to not win a grannie if we're there.

Runner-up gets a seriously poisoned chalice...

Sydney
Adelaide
Collingwood
GWS

Good doco material there with Geelong coming soon.
Pies made the 8 this year. Looks like a basket case trade period. But 2021 still got some good players. Giants still got a list and a half. I'm not tipping them to do an Adelaide. Swans only just started missing finals but have good young players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess everyone heard there was an Amazon film crew following the Tigers this year, I searched the board for threads with amazon and found nothing.

Anyone know the level of access the crew were given and what/when we can expect to see something? I'm hoping for a 'The Last Dance/Drive to Survive' kinda quality and insight, but won't hold my breath.
It will be amazing. They were there in the rooms at half time in the Granny filming the chaos and then the response. Will hopefully be a must see doco.

This isn't just us though is it? Haven't they followed around 4 or 5 clubs at once? Thinking it will be a big combined one

This isn't just us though is it? Haven't they followed around 4 or 5 clubs at once? Thinking it will be a big combined one

Why bother. No one wants to watch loser clubs. Not even their own fans lel

Plenty of drama in this.

club only finds out a few days before that the season will start, then it’s cancelled after 1 game.

On restart, coach is pissed off and basically becomes a COVID denier while the club crashes and burns losing to bottom-of-the-ladder clubs.

move to Queensland, captain and vice-captain consider returning home, as does back line leader. Infield club starts to get wins together.

Lose to up-and-coming young club in the finals looking to have their first win against them for a long time, backs against the wall.

And then the Grand Final.

Doco could be called “Backs against the wall” to describe the whole season.

Yep. They followed four clubs around.

amazon did one on Tottenham and it was a huge success. I gave a great insight into the club. High hopes for this one!!!
I’m a diehard Spurs fan and other than Jose, I thought it was timid and nothing but a fluff piece.
some good moments but otherwise pretty ordinary.
sunderland til I die was way better although not produced by Amazon I don’t think.

I’m a diehard Spurs fan and other than Jose, I thought it was timid and nothing but a fluff piece.
sunderland til I die was way better although not produced by Amazon I don’t think.
well Jose was the main attraction. Utd fan and i love him

Leeds one on Prime good too.

I enjoyed the spurs one, I think you gotta take it for what it is to enjoy it.

It’s very much a marketing piece and it’s very accessible/designed to get the sports into international markets and strengthen connection through showing a bit more of the human side of things.

The all or nothing ones I’ve watched have all been like that. Haven’t watched The Test but format is a bit different, as like Leeds/Sunderland it is more of a story piece targeted at a specific moment in time rather than an “insight piece”.

Leeds one on Prime good too.

I enjoyed the spurs one, I think you gotta take it for what it is to enjoy it.

It’s very much a marketing piece and it’s very accessible/designed to get the sports into international markets and strengthen connection through showing a bit more of the human side of things.

The all or nothing ones I’ve watched have all been like that. Haven’t watched The Test but format is a bit different, as like Leeds/Sunderland it is more of a story piece targeted at a specific moment in time rather than an “insight piece”.
The test is awesome.
some seriously graphic behind the scenes stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back