Prediction The run home, 2020

Need to gain about 5.5% to jump the Saints. Roughly 55-60 points.

If we beat GWS by 20, beat Essendon by 20, and GWS beat the Saints by 20 then we should jump the Saints on the ladder

Need to gain about 5.5% to jump the Saints. Roughly 55-60 points.

If we beat GWS by 20, beat Essendon by 20, and GWS beat the Saints by 20 then we should jump the Saints on the ladder
Can see Goody creating a ‘Melgorithm’ to work out how to make finals, it goes; game plan + brand x incredible effort = Learnings

Victory ensured.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
FFS! Saints, Pies, Dees, GWS, Bombers all sh**ting the bed. It's like tanking to not make the 8. Any side who can't win the flag playing like they want home instead of playing finals. Nearly infuriating that we're still a chance for finals.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I just looked at the ladder and I'm really confused, we're not in the eight.
How do we get to the eight before the end of the season? Who do I deathride?
Ha. We are done. Too many things have to go wrong for other teams not to make it. We simply had to beat one of Freo or Sydney. And we didn't.

Pies would have to lose to GC and Port. (GC looked cooked last week and Pies get very good players back)

Dogs would have to lose to Freo.

Saints would have to lose by a mountain of points to GWS and we would have to win by a mountain of points. (I haven't done the math, but I'm guessing about a 6 goal loss to Saints and a 6 goal win to us.)

Ultimately none of the above matters if we don't beat Essendon. (I can totally see them coming out and smashing us for Woosha, with no pressure on them)

Our best bet is probably Dogs losing to Freo, who have been more than ok 2nd half of the season. But Dogs are rolling now. No way they sh*t the bed like we did. I just can't see us getting in, But hey, it's 2020, anything is possible!

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Ok so I learned maths.

If we beat Essendon and Freo beat the Dogs, we'll take the Dogs spot.
If Collingwood lose to both the Suns and Port, we'll take Collingwood's spot.

If we beat Essendon by a million points and GWS beat the Saints by enough we'll take the Saints spot.

Big ask for the 8th place team to play the Eagles. We all saw how that went last time.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
We got this. We'll belt Essendon & Hogan will kick 8 burying the Dogs. After the game he'll tear off his Dockers jumper revealing the Red & Blue underneath. Cue nWo music
PMBO.gif

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ha. We are done. Too many things have to go wrong for other teams not to make it. We simply had to beat one of Freo or Sydney. And we didn't.

Pies would have to lose to GC and Port. (GC looked cooked last week and Pies get very good players back)

Saints would have to lose by a mountain of points to GWS and we would have to win by a mountain of points. (I haven't done the math, but I'm guessing about a 6 goal loss to Saints and a 6 goal win to us.)

Ultimately none of the above matters if we don't beat Essendon. (I can totally see them coming out and smashing us for Woosha, with no pressure on them)

Our best bet is probably Dogs losing to Freo, who have been more than ok 2nd half of the season. But Dogs are rolling now. No way they sh*t the bed like we did. I just can't see us getting in, But hey, it's 2020, anything is possible!
If the ultimate Bradbury plan plays out: I.e. We beat Essendon and all the other scenarios you’ve outlined above go our way... We finish 6th and face the Saints in a ‘home’ elimination final. 😂

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
I reckon the more likely scenario is the Giants pulling their finger out and beating the Saints by 3-4 goals, and us having a good win against Essendon. Can’t see Freo beating the dogs or Collingwood losing both.

I really cbf though, too exhausting to invest too much into the last round, this season has taken enough out of me.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I reckon the more likely scenario is the Giants pulling their finger out and beating the Saints by 3-4 goals, and us having a good win against Essendon. Can’t see Freo beating the dogs or Collingwood losing both.

I really cbf though, too exhausting to invest too much into the last round, this season has taken enough out of me.
Disagree. The most likely scenario is all other results go our way and we s**t the bed against Essendon.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Given we have gone from "Being in control Of playing finals " to relying on a some results helping us out , i will confine myself to our performance against
the Bombers only . We shall see if "Ruthless " means anything more than "Learnings "

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
There's no way the Bulldogs are going to drop the game against Freo. Freo are not that good - we were just dreadful. Bulldogs will roll them easily. No way Collingwood loses both games either. I'm not going to put myself through the indignity of hoping for us to scrape in to the 8.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
?Ha. We are done. Too many things have to go wrong for other teams not to make it. We simply had to beat one of Freo or Sydney. And we didn't.

Thank you! Wish I saw this before learning how to count multiples of four :$

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Standing in the kitchen checking the scores for this match, * dees why couldn’t you have just beaten one of Freo or Sydney?!

Back