The run home after the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually don't think we will win another game from here. I can't see any of those as winnable on form. I'm not being deliberately negative but all those teams are travelling pretty well.
I'm ok with it, pick 3 here we come. Don't think Essendon or Brisbane will take Petrovski-Seton so come on down Sam.

Last edited:
I actually don't think we will another game from here. I can't see any of those as winnable on form. I'm not being deliberately negative but all those teams are travelling pretty well.
I'm ok with it, pick 3 here we come. Don't think Essendon or Brisbane will take Petrovski-Seton so come on down Sam.

Possibly correct, but you never know with Gold Coast especially, they may have packed up for the year.

Home teams often cause upsets so don't be surprised if we knock one of Geelong, West Coast or Western Bulldogs.

Teams will never admit it but a lot of footy is played above the shoulders and I rate us a chance against whoever we play in Pav's 350th.

Maximum 3 wins for the rest of the season for me and that will be because WB will send their second 18 for the last game of the season . Its with a big BUT a lot will depend on any further injuries .
Question for all the smart and gifted ones .
What happens if we only have 20 or less players on our list available to play , do we forfeit games due to not enough players named . or can we use temp list players from Peel .

I think it's possible we could win 0 but think we will win 2.

Melb - small chance but given our injuries probably not.
Geel - would love this one but on form you could not back us.
GCS - they're getting players back, we're losing ours, they'll win.
Syd - can't see it happening
WCE - please god. We'd like our chances if Sandi is back & Nicnat is still out.
Ade - form team at the moment, can still see us beating them, I'm not convinced on them yet.
GWS - will get destroyed
WB - last game anything can happen, a lot depends on their positioning, if they need a win to get a top 4 spot then it will be tough.

Oh how I wish we got Essendon twice
Be careful what you wish for.
We will finish in the bottom 6 you would think. That would mean that 3 of our repeat games next year will be from the other 5 in that 6.
Consequently we have about 60% chance of playing them twice next year. Unfortunately for us they will be getting back all their quality and a round 1 draft pick.

Be careful what you wish for.
We will finish in the bottom 6 you would think. That would mean that 3 of our repeat games next year will be from the other 5 in that 6.
Consequently we have about 60% chance of playing them twice next year. Unfortunately for us they will be getting back all their quality and a round 1 draft pick.
The same could be said of us :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be a tough draw even if we were in top 4 contention!
If we were in top 4 contention because we had the following team on the park, fully healthy, fit and in form, I would feel confident in all of those games.

B: Collins A Pearce Spurr
HB: Crozier Johnson Mundy
C: Hill Barlow DPearce
HF: Bennell Apeness Taberner
F: Ballas Pavlich Walters
R: Sandilands Fyfe Neale
Bench: 4 of Mayne Weller Blakely Sheridan Tucker

[Replace McCarthy for Pav (ret.), and take out Johnson (ret.), and assuming our year for winning the injury cup is over:mad:, 2017 is looking up with also the inclusion of a top 3 pick.]

Last edited:
I actually don't think we will win another game from here. I can't see any of those as winnable on form. I'm not being deliberately negative but all those teams are travelling pretty well.
They are mostly though but with 8 games left we will at least catch one team out for another win, even with a severely depleted side.

Why would bulldogs send a B team against us? 2 weeks off for them is a long time in footy, i think you guys are forgetting that there is a bye round between the last round and the finals

Plus they very seriously could be playing for top 4. The only game I want us to win is Pav's 350th, that's it.

On current form they will not win another game after what has been dished up V Pies and V Demons. we only have a shell of a midfield.
Cats will smash us in the midfield, Suns are getting back all their quality and are on a bit of a roll, Swans are tunning up for finals, Egirls have too in midfield and up forward, Crows gun midfield and potent forwardline, Ditto for GWS and well Wbulldogs are far too fast for our plodders. Sorry PAV.

BTW does anyone know what the TAB is paying for the Dockers not to win the last 7 games.

Last edited:
On current form they will not win another game after what has been dished up V Pies and V Demons. we only have a shell of a midfield.
Cats will smash us in the midfield, Suns are getting back all their quality and are on a bit of a roll, Swans are tunning up for finals, Egirls have too in midfield and up forward, Crows gun midfield and potent forwardline, Ditto for GWS and well Wbulldogs are far too fast for our plodders. Sorry PAV.

BTW does anyone know what the TAB is paying for the Dockers not to win the last 7 games.
Although I agree, we'd bloody wanna come out all guns blazing for Pavs 350th and his final game, I'd say those two are two of the biggest games in our clubs history where we do whatever it takes for our greatest ever player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back