Prediction The Run Home - Final Five

Remove this Banner Ad

So with the Tigs beating GSW, we only need to win 2 out of our last 5 to pretty much guarantee a top 2 finish.

Yep, if we win another two games the only way we don't finish top two is if a team finishes on equal points as us and they have a superior percentage. The only team that should be able to overtake us on percentage is the Power. In this scenario finishing 3rd would be exactly the same as top two.

So two more wins guarantees a home qualifying final.

Yep, if we win another two games the only way we don't finish top two is if a team finishes on equal points as us and they have a superior percentage. The only team that should be able to overtake us on percentage is the Power. In this scenario finishing 3rd would be exactly the same as top two.

So two more wins guarantees a home qualifying final.

Wrong. We're two games plus percentage ahead. So, if we win only 2/5 and the oppo win 5/5, we slip out of top two.

Essendon, Port, Sydney and West Coast won't be easy.
No team in the top 4... Though Sydney should be by season's end.

It's good to have a decent hitout heading into finals, particularly when we have a useful gap on the opposition for top spot.

It's just dawned on me we are two games and percentage clear of 3rd spot.

Unbelievable. We have to make a GF from here, no excuses.

It gets even better of a situation, seeing GWS still has to play Geelong.

To be honest I don't think they are. They have honestly had a really soft draw to get back to where they are.

And like I said lucky to beat the bombers could of easily lost the Richmond game as well.
Agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will go 3-2 in the run home maybe even 2-3... its a very tough run home.
we need to beat the swans... I don't want to finish top and have to play them!!

It's just dawned on me we are two games and percentage clear of 3rd spot.

Unbelievable. We have to make a GF from here, no excuses.
The scariest thing about this crazy year is that the two teams with the longest GF droughts are right there. Richmond are top 4 at the moment, if we somehow don't make it, they're half a chance to sneak in.

Last few rounds are going to be super important, who plays in the Grand Final this year will no doubt be heavily influenced by how the finals match-ups pan out. If someone gets on the right side of the numbers they could scrape through to the GF without being one of the best 2-3 teams.

I think we will go 3-2 in the run home maybe even 2-3... its a very tough run home.
we need to beat the swans... I don't want to finish top and have to play them!!

We are good enough to go undefeated. In fact I think its unacceptable if we lose any of those matches. I say bring it on. The best teams want a chance to prove they are the best and right now I am convinced we are in that head space. We are out of that rut where it's clear we weren't working hard enough and just thought it would happen. The players look hungry and are starting to believe that they are capable. The best teams back up each week, they don't play grand finals against other good teams and then fade out the following week.

Right now the coaches should highlight to the players that if we win every match from here on out, there are just 8 matches left in the season. The time for preserving the body has come and gone and they need to throw everything into their footy and that dropping any home and away match from here on out and any of the finals games in the belief of a double chance will put their premiership chances in jeopardy. The challenge must be thrown down to see how much they want it.

Personally I think we can take our game to an even higher level. We won without Tex, Jenkins, McGovern and Betts having a huge impact on the game and Lever wasn't playing. If those players increase their output leading into finals we could become unstoppable. The stop Sloane stop the Crows is a myth. It worked in a way early on because our midfield as a whole weren't performing. Time have changed.

I feel a massive finish is on the cards for the AFC

Can we make history by becoming the first club to win the AFLW and the AFL in the same season?

This season just has the excitement of 97 and 2005 around it.

Our change of game style will go a long way to securing a top two spot.

We no longer rely on scoring from a breakaway with Eddie or Jenkins getting on the end 10m from goal. We have beaten two top eight sides from a more traditional.footy style of winning contests and movement through CHF and the flanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The scariest thing about this crazy year is that the two teams with the longest GF droughts are right there. Richmond are top 4 at the moment, if we somehow don't make it, they're half a chance to sneak in.

Last few rounds are going to be super important, who plays in the Grand Final this year will no doubt be heavily influenced by how the finals match-ups pan out. If someone gets on the right side of the numbers they could scrape through to the GF without being one of the best 2-3 teams.
Yeh, I wonder what the AFL's script has in it this year. After last years umpiring ride of the millennium, I have no faith in the AFL at all.

A Richmond premiership would probably be their preferred result.

A Richmond premiership would probably be their preferred result.
Scarily, yes. It astounds me that people thought the AFL wanted GWS to win last year. Even before the season the commissioner came out and said that a Bulldogs premiership would be a good story. The AFL loves the long suffering Vic clubs breaking droughts.

Our change of game style will go a long way to securing a top two spot.

We no longer rely on scoring from a breakaway with Eddie or Jenkins getting on the end 10m from goal. We have beaten two top eight sides from a more traditional.footy style of winning contests and movement through CHF and the flanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
And keeping scores against down which is finals football

3 wins for top 2 spot.

That, along with smart player management and we get to the start line in good shape...it's nothing more than that.

Would still like to rotate a few more through the middle to keep everyone fresh and to see what we've got in case of injuries (even during game injuries).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back