Prediction The run home - how many do we win?

How many more games will we win?

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 18 12.4%

Votes: 39 26.9%

Votes: 30 20.7%

Votes: 53 36.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Today has been perfect so far. Sadly I think we are going to end up half a game behind Bombers who will grab 8th, but it is a fun ride in the meantime. If we win tonight we at least go into next week with a chance. If things fall our way from now on, it also likely means they are falling bulldogs way, so next week shaping up as a possible elimination final, glad I have tickets!

And done. Ah well, been quite a ride. Hopefully we win next week and send Hodgey (and Gibbo) off in style.

Bit shitted off I can't tell the joke about the Carlton fan's son getting him a beer anymore though.

And done. Ah well, been quite a ride. Hopefully we win next week and send Hodgey (and Gibbo) off in style.

Bit shitted off I can't tell the joke about the Carlton fan's son getting him a beer anymore though.
Ye been a good ride, just not our year. I do agree we should send off Gibbo.

So what's the joke?

Disappointing way for the ride to end, really looking forward to a high pressure game against Doggies next week. Hopefully Hodge's final game is enough to get the players up for a red hot go next week, despite our finals run now at an end. I'd also find a spot for Gibson if we can, but given what's been said by everyone in the media, I think that would be hard to do now, he's basically said he will not take a game off a kid at this stage, so doesn't give a lot of scope for a change of heart.

don't see Freo beating the bombers at Etihad anyway so the loss tonight probably didn't cost us finals anyway

rough way to miss out for sure but it's all about next year now

13052012085339.jpg

Well, damn. It was pretty heart wrenching to miss the finals, even if we are missing a third of our starting 22 through injury. Heck of a try, boys. Clean up the Doggies and get ready for next year. It will be glorious. And maybe this lady will be singing instead.

58af06b582e58.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been emotional.

Wld prefer to miss out with the knowledge we're not good enough as opposed to missing out by St Kilda beating Richmond or something on the Sunday. That wld be devastating.

don't see Freo beating the bombers at Etihad anyway so the loss tonight probably didn't cost us finals anyway

rough way to miss out for sure but it's all about next year now

Yup, given the way the games fell today, even if we won, we'd have need all of Essendon, Saints and West Coast to lose. Saints and WC are a good possibility, but hard to see Essendon dropping that game against Freo. Personally I'd have preferred us to have got 9th spot and miss out due to other games not going our way than lose to Blues - for no other reason that dropping the Saints pick a few more places. Now it looks like it will be 12th if we beat doggies or 13th if we lose and pies beat Melbourne. A good deal better than when we were 17th, but a disappointing season none-the-less.

we still have one more week to see whether we end on 9 or 10 wins

10.5 it is, same as 1996 but four spots lower. Gold star for all of us who picked four in the poll. Sure we would've loved to be wrong.

Smooth Banana:

A Carlton fan is watching a Carlton-Hawthorn game on TV with a mate. When the siren goes and the Blues have lost, the bloke's son automatically goes to the fridge and gets him a beer. His mate says 'What's that about?' Bloke says 'Every time Carlton beats Hawthorn he gets me a beer.' His mate says 'So what happens if Carlton beats Hawthorn?' Bloke says 'Not sure - he's only 11.'

10.5 it is, same as 1996 but four spots lower. Gold star for all of us who picked four in the poll. Sure we would've loved to be wrong.

Smooth Banana:

A Carlton fan is watching a Carlton-Hawthorn game on TV with a mate. When the siren goes and the Blues have lost, the bloke's son automatically goes to the fridge and gets him a beer. His mate says 'What's that about?' Bloke says 'Every time Carlton beats Hawthorn he gets me a beer.' His mate says 'So what happens if Carlton beats Hawthorn?' Bloke says 'Not sure - he's only 11.'

We won 11.5 in 1996 but yes correct on the 4 positions lower.

Back