Prediction The Run Home - How Many Wins?

How many more games do we win?

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 13 16.9%

Votes: 34 44.2%

Votes: 17 22.1%

Votes: 12 15.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

philohk

on holiday by mistake
Jun 18, 2008
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I always like to have a look at this as the season draws to a close. Here are our remaining games:

Brisbane (Tas) - They'll start favourites but we're not without a chance. We seem to play better against the top sides.
North (A) - They're a chance of beating anyone at the moment but this is one our more winnable of the five.
GWS (A) - Fixed them up last time. Can Clarko pull it out again? They're just about as up and down as we are.
GC (Marvel) - The only one we'd pencil in at this point. They're a solid 18th.
WC (A) - Played them well last time and unlucky not to win. But they're a different side in Perth. Unlikely they'll have a spot sewn up and be able to coast through this one.

What do we say? Finals a shout, stay around where we are now or sink with a tough draw?

Any is a bonus for me.

Development year. Wherever we finish this season has been a 100% success.

Found a genuine gun KPF in Lewis, the rise and rise of Worpel, Scrimshaw being a lock in our HBF for the next 10 years, JOM fully fit, Impey bonafide gun (Fingers crossed he's right), TOB doing the #23 proud.

There's plenty more but how many clubs on a rebuild can genuinely say they have found six pieces of their next Premiership puzzle in a single season?

Just missing midfield grunt (Mitchell returning + 1 more will do it) and a KPD.

I always like to have a look at this as the season draws to a close. Here are our remaining
GWS (A) - Fixed them up last time. Can Clarko pull it out again? They're just about as up and down as we are.

Expecting Whitfield to tear us a new one in his final audition for us. Will make it hard to get a win.

2-3 wins most likely. Not that making finals this year is terribly important for the development of our squad anyway, most important thing is we remain competitive in all games while getting experience into the kids.

Any is a bonus for me.

Found a genuine gun KPF in Lewis, the rise and rise of Worpel, Scrimshaw being a lock in our HBF for the next 10 years, JOM fully fit, Impey bonafide gun (Fingers crossed he's right), TOB doing the #23 proud.

There's plenty more but how many clubs on a rebuild can genuinely say they have found six pieces of their next Premiership puzzle in a single season?

All good points, especially how many pieces we might have found. I always want to make finals though - I think it's good for the kids, good for memberships/revenue, good for attracting and retaining players.

I just ran a ladder predictor, and I think the only way we scrape in is by dropping just one game on the way in. Tough ask with Brisbane, GWS, and West Coast away all tough matches.

We would also need Adelaide and/or Essendon to drop a few games on the way home too.

Still hopeful we can continue this little run, but think finals are far from a certainty at this stage.

Any is a bonus for me.

I agree. I was prepared for a top 5 pick but it looks like we've improved.

The fact that our younger players have contributed to some big wins (and taking it to the premiers) is priceless right now. Having that belief and confidence to grind out wins will help the core of our next generation. We are seeing the consistency that Clarko wanted.

Some finals would be nice exposure, but we've had a great year and ticked some important boxes.

I wasn't expecting finals a few weeks back and still don't, but if we can end up with 12 wins, 4 from the last 5 there's a chance. I'd think WC and GWS will be the toughest.

It all starts this week in tassy. Despite our good recent form, we've played collingwood while they're down, geelong while they're down, west coast without mcgovern and barrass, and a shithouse freo side.

This lions team will be by far the most in-form team we've played in this patch of the season. Their form, along with their recent success over us this year and last year would give them a good chance of winning imo. While a win would be nice, an honorable defeat to a good Lions team wouldn't be a horrible outcome imo.

If harris andrews gets a week at the tribunal, that would make lewis/TOB's jobs a lot easier.

GC and North are wins. We’re a real chance this week against Brisbane. I reckon we’re playing well enough to knock off west coast over there too, especially if we are a finals chance. 3 or 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all starts this week in tassy. Despite our good recent form, we've played collingwood while they're down, geelong while they're down, west coast without mcgovern and barrass, and a s**thouse freo side.

This lions team will be by far the most in-form team we've played in this patch of the season. Their form, along with their recent success over us this year and last year would give them a good chance of winning imo. While a win would be nice, an honorable defeat to a good Lions team wouldn't be a horrible outcome imo.

If harris andrews gets a week at the tribunal, that would make lewis/TOB's jobs a lot easier.

If we take the glass half full approach, we should have beaten West Coast, Collingwood came up against a.superior Hawks outfit who we always manage to beat and we outplayed Geelong across the board. They were all losable games, maybe not Freo, but we are playing well and 3 wins should be a minimum and 4 expected. This week is an even money game in which we would be much more confident than a month ago when looking at our run home then.

It all starts this week in tassy. Despite our good recent form, we've played collingwood while they're down, geelong while they're down, west coast without mcgovern and barrass, and a s**thouse freo side.

If Barrass and McGovern had of played against us they wouldn’t have got a kick in the pooring rain. All they do is mark the bloody thing (albeit they are darn good at it!). U sound like the media who always harp on about how bad the opposition was when we win!

I agree whole heartedly with the ‘not fussed if we miss finals this year’ motif. It might even do us some good. We’ll get highish draft picks, and 4 weeks extra off, which we haven’t had in a decade. We’ll get games into the kids, we’ll get titch back next year and things will start to look pretty good.

We wouldn’t be in this position if Titch hadn’t broke his leg and now losing Jars has made our task so much harder. The fact that Adelaide (a game and percentage ahead of us) have played and smashed the Suns twice and we are yet to play them is why the draw is BS. Think we will narrowly lose to the Weagles and 1 other and miss out.

If Barrass and McGovern had of played against us they wouldn’t have got a kick in the pooring rain. All they do is mark the bloody thing (albeit they are darn good at it!). U sound like the media who always harp on about how bad the opposition was when we win!
its the truth though mate. We played(and probably should've beaten) a somewhat depleted west coast at home, followed by a close win against collinwood missing jeremy howe, taylor adams, dayne beams, ben reid, tom langdon and jayden stephenson. Smashed freo in tassy. Last week we played a geelong team that had lost 2 from it's last 4, and not been in great form for a month. We won convincingly, but as I already said the Geelong we played is not the Geelong that got them to the top of the ladder. This brisbane outfit(assuming andrews plays) will be the most in-form and healthiest competitor we've faced. They've beaten the saints, dees, giants, power and north melbourne in the last 5 weeks, and have no major injury concerns

Back