Prediction The Run Home - How Many Wins?

How many more games do we win?

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 13 16.9%

Votes: 34 44.2%

Votes: 17 22.1%

Votes: 12 15.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ever since he stagnated, Worps has become one of the most important players in the competition

Gold.

Also, jeez I want to make finals. Great the Dogs are winning, shame they're getting such a % boost. Need them to get done comfortably next week by a GWS side that hopefully turns up.

Last round produces strange results
West Coast will likely be playing for a home final or to keep a top 4 spot. Can't see them not being focused on a win. Though I guess we would have thought the same thing about GWS on Friday.

West Coast will likely be playing for a home final or to keep a top 4 spot. Can't see them not being focused on a win. Though I guess we would have thought the same thing about GWS on Friday.
Depends on how Brisbane go, if they lose to Geelong and Richmond, West Coast will finish 2nd regardless I think if they beat Adelaide today. Because our game is on the Saturday however that may result in them treating it seriously to sure up their spot. I actually think its the 2nd best game of the last round if we win next week and win well and were breathing down the neck of 8th spot, We will throw the kitchen sink at them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team is in no mans land.

Yeah but the low scoring of the last couple of years has made the historical squiggle a bit meaningless.

It's almost impossible for teams to get up to the historical premiership attacking rating but here we are outside the 8 defensively better than most premiers of the last 20 years.

On SM-J330G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah but the low scoring of the last couple of years has made the historical squiggle a bit meaningless.

It's almost impossible for teams to get up to the historical premiership attacking rating but here we are outside the 8 defensively better than most premiers of the last 20 years.

and not played the whipping boys yet

Adelaide's loss today is a good start for us.

By my calculations, if either Dogs OR Adelaide win both of their remaining matches, they keep us out. I'm assuming port win both of theirs. So we want them both to be 1 from 2 over the next 2 weeks.

Of course we need to win both of ours.

Does that sound right ?

Adelaide's loss today is a good start for us.

By my calculations, if either Dogs OR Adelaide win both of their remaining matches, they keep us out. I'm assuming port win both of theirs. So we want them both to be 1 from 2 over the next 2 weeks.

Of course we need to win both of ours.

Does that sound right ?

It's amazing that next week all games except for Friday night (Dees vs Swans) and Carlton vs Saints will shape the top 8.

Dogs will play Giants and then playing Adelaide the next week. Basically it's crazy that our club is a realistic chance to grab the 8th spot. However must wins both of our games against Suns and Eagles.

and not played the whipping boys yet
Indeed.

I tell you what I did find it insane that after Friday we'd gone to top spot on the squiggle. Despite the squiggle perhaps struggling to get to grips with this low scoring era I find it hugely encouraging for next year from a premiership tilt perspective.

Knowing us we will ruin our chance this week by losing to Gold Coast
Even if we Hawthorned in front of goal & ended with 4.27, I still reckon we'd be in with a fair chance to win!

If its brisbane and west coast battling for second spot, its a harsh divide, even more so that the trip is the longest in footy.
Second has two home finals and third has long interstate trips

Squiggle has gone mad! We were number one till North... Northed it. Matter of Stats has us a bit over 25% if we win both games. The relative game importance is in the graphic below (mods, hope it's OK to reproduce this - I hope people read the blog, as it's top quality):

So as we all knew, the Eagles game is the big one for us, followed by the GC game, Freo-Essendon, Port-Freo, Collingwood-Essendon, GWS-Dogs, North-Port, Adelaide-Collingwood, etc. Eagles will play pretty hard in R23 with a home final on the line.

Edit: and extra reason, if it were needed, to barrack against the Scum.

Back