Prediction The run home - last 5 games

Remove this Banner Ad

This is my ladder I have us winning 3 out of 4 but still scraping into 2nd. Losing to the Dogs.

I did have the swans losing to the saints in the final round. They have a dream draw but i think they will slip once before the finals they lost to Essendon not that long ago so it's like they are perfect despite giving us a touch up.

Would have preferred Collingwood maybe upsetting them after yesterday though they need to drop some games.

Richmond is the only team I have going undefeated from here.

1658736764997.png

You don’t need to belittle his opinion.

Away in Canberra is never a sure thing.

It’s fine if u want to keep your purple glasses on but we’re clearly slowing down (which is fine!!) we’re a young team and Flagmantle was a pipe dream in 2022.

If we can play in 1 final that’s an achievement in itself.
We beat ‘em there in 2019, the year they made the GF and we finished 12th.

Since the draw !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No I wasn't at the drawn game.

Only been to 4 freo games in Sydney.

I think 2011 in the pissing down rain when we hung on in the last quarter. Last time we won at the SCG I think.

2014 QF at Homebush where buddy broke us in the last qtr.

2017 v Giants at Spotless or whatever they call it now just got beat should have won were leading by 3 goals at 3 qtr time.

2018 v Swans we were smashed by quarter time and never in it. That was a depressing night. 10-11 goal thumping. I think we only had scored 2 goals by 3 qtr time.

I don't think they have played here since that night. Took a while to get over that actually.

Hurts more when you sit there and watch the garbage live.

Remember when they used to say that when top teams were struggling a bit late in the year that they’d increased their training loads in preparation for finals, and this increase in training intensity left them tired and lethargic on game day. Maybe we’re doing that?

Remember when they used to say that when top teams were struggling a bit late in the year that they’d increased their training loads in preparation for finals, and this increase in training intensity left them tired and lethargic on game day. Maybe we’re doing that?
wishful thinking, think our form just sucks since the bye. i.e. combination of coaching and team selection, something is just not quite right.

Or it could be that we have a very young list and the season is starting to wear on them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or it could be that we have a very young list and the season is starting to wear on them

wishful thinking, think our form just sucks since the bye. i.e. combination of coaching and team selection, something is just not quite right.

Yeah I didn’t think so either

Although I personally don’t think it will happen, it must be terribly exciting to the players to think that if they win all 4 from here (not impossible but unlikely) they could finish second and host possibly Brisbane at a sold out Optus stadium in week one. Win that and a week off before a home prelim.

That’s some pretty strong motivation

And I like the fact we are likely to have Tabs and Lobb back in the same forward line this week. And I’m sad to say it but we have played much better without Fyfe this year. Interesting to see how that looks for the first time in 6 weeks, again on Friday

Although I personally don’t think it will happen, it must be terribly exciting to the players to think that if they win all 4 from here (not impossible but unlikely) they could finish second and host possibly Brisbane at a sold out Optus stadium in week one. Win that and a week off before a home prelim.

That’s some pretty strong motivation

And I like the fact we are likely to have Tabs and Lobb back in the same forward line this week. And I’m sad to say it but we have played much better without Fyfe this year. Interesting to see how that looks for the first time in 6 weeks, again on Friday

Having Fyfe in the team has nothing to do with the form of the team. If our goal is to win the premiership, which it should be, then we need him in the team and playing to 70-80% of his best, it is a lot less likely without him.

My view is that having Switta miss, Acres being injured and not back his best, Chapman still not at his pre-injury form, Colyer dipping from the start of the year, the fluctuating form of Schultz and Freddy, Darcy not making an impact outside the ruck contest and probably teams working out how to play against us is more the reason for us dropping a couple of games. Saying that, no teams are easybeats - look how close Port ran Geelong on the weekend, Hawthorn on their day can beat most teams.

Anyway, I'm optimistic for our last 4 games - if we bring the intensity and energy, we can beat anyone.

That's exactly what is happening. The taper will come in two weeks time as will an improvement in game day energy.

Youngest team Pies 2010. Baby Bombers 1993.
An average over 24 years - 25 years old.
We are right in the window.
As much as I dislike to say this west coast flag sides of 1992, 1994 and 2006 were young as well.

I'm going to look up the age of that 1993 grand final side Essendon had later on.

If we can play for a spot in a preliminary final the first week anything can happen

But we need to win this Friday night
‘One week at a time’ sounds like a cliche but it’s so true. I can’t recall a H&A game of ours with so much riding on it. Win we are in the box seat for a double chance. Lose and we are firming for 5-7th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back