Prediction The run home - last 5 games

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda have Geelong in Geelong next week. Then Brisbane and Sydney. You’d hope they lose one or both even all of those.

Richmond are 9-9 and a game out of the 8. Absolutely piss draw for them. Brisbane this week at the G, Port Adelaide away, Hawthorn then Essendon. They’re the ones to be anxious about. However they have to win all of the games. We just need to win one. Just one.

Lots can go wrong, lots can go right. Numerous teams playing each other in the top 8 helps.

We must beat Eagles.
I did the ladder predictor and had us losing all the games up to the last round and we were still in the 8 even with a generous interpretation for the other teams who could knock us out of it. Which is only St Kilda and Richmond.

We did look mentally tired last night. The draw's been a bit relentless for us for a few weeks now. That could be why we perform better away than at home, as the challenge sharpens us up.

Need to get better with that transition ball, regardless.

I did the ladder predictor and had us losing all the games up to the last round and we were still in the 8 even with a generous interpretation for the other teams who could knock us out of it. Which is only St Kilda and Richmond.

We did look mentally tired last night. The draw's been a bit relentless for us for a few weeks now. That could be why we perform better away than at home, as the challenge sharpens us up.

Need to get better with that transition ball, regardless.

Bring in the youth I say. Erasmus, Western, Noddy, Treacy etc. The team must reinvigorated with some enthusiasm and dare coming out of defence going i50. The only seasoned player from Peel that I would be ok with coming in is Wilson. Rearrange the deck chairs in the backline to fit him in.

Bring in the youth I say. Erasmus, Western, Noddy, Treacy etc. The team must reinvigorated with some enthusiasm and dare coming out of defence going i50. The only seasoned player from Peel that I would be ok with coming in is Wilson. Rearrange the deck chairs in the backline to fit him in.
It was frustrating last week to see someone who has the fumbles, in Colyer, get kept in as the medi-sub. He'd only benefit from a week or two at Peel to get some touch and confidence back. The flow on would then have Western or Crowden get some exposure and integration into the team and have a look at the difference they could make to the ball transition going into these last weeks.

Of course we could lose all the remaining games. I think we will win 2. The scum and one other. That would make for an amazing season!

Colyer needs to be dropped back to Peel. Wilson looked good in the team. Bring him in and move Chappy to the middle for some size. Or rotate them. Get more run out of the back half. Rest Tabs and give Western or Crowden a go. Treacy in for rested tabs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to shift how we play when things aren’t working

By all means, have an honest crack for a quarter or two, however, after that point if it doesn’t look like what we are doing is working, change it up; take the game on, throw someone forward, put someone different in the middle

The draw means percentage is moot for us, so let’s mix things up to try and win because a big win does nothing to help us. We just need wins. I’d rather go down swinging in a loss, than get frustrated wondering what could have happened if we mixed things up

We need to shift how we play when things aren’t working

By all means, have an honest crack for a quarter or two, however, after that point if it doesn’t look like what we are doing is working, change it up; take the game on, throw someone forward, put someone different in the middle

The draw means percentage is moot for us, so let’s mix things up to try and win because a big win does nothing to help us. We just need wins. I’d rather go down swinging in a loss, than get frustrated wondering what could have happened if we mixed things up
Absolutely. There is an aspect of ‘backing in our boys’ but that also can mean backing in poor form that won’t improve. Leaving something that clearly isn’t working is just plain self harm.

Peak clown show would be needing to win against the Eagles to finish on eighth spot and losing. Amazing this is even a possibility after the first half of our season. I thought we’d flog the Eagles again but now I’m not so sure.

To finish top 4 we need to win all three games, then 2 of these outcomes must happen.
  • Brisbane lose 1 of their games ( possible)
  • Sydney lose 1 of their games (possible)
  • Melbourne lose 2 of their games (unlikely)
  • Collingwood lose 2 of their games (possible)

I thought this was an interesting quote from JL min today's presser, when talking about using Mundy's retirement as motivation for the rest of the season:

“It’s got to be front of mind for our players,” Longmuir said.

“He is close to the end, and we need to make sure we put all of our own personal issues and indifferences to one side and see if we can help him achieve what he wants to achieve in his last handful of games.

Is there anything in that?

I thought this was an interesting quote from JL min today's presser, when talking about using Mundy's retirement as motivation for the rest of the season:

“He is close to the end, and we need to make sure we put all of our own personal issues and indifferences to one side and see if we can help him achieve what he wants to achieve in his last handful of games.

Every team would have that. They are people, not machines, they will have personal issues, beefs with each other and huge diversity. I think that JLo understands that more than the general public/media

Every team would have that. They are people, not machines, they will have personal issues, beefs with each other and huge diversity. I think that JLo understands that more than the general public/media
What are the issues ?
Lobb wanting to leave, what else is going down at docker town ?? Fyfe always seems a bit aloof for a captain..
Darcy doesn't look happy of late?

They all seem to get on quite well from a distance. Strange thing for the coach to bring up and make public.

All the resigned suggests those players are happy..I will never forget watching us play the bulldogs 3 years ago at docklands and we could hear the players talking to each other all game from where we were seating.

The bulldogs players were calling each other the whole game.
Our boys didn't say boo.
They were not happy, they weren't playing like a team.

It’s a weird thing to say publically. I don’t like it. Not that hard to get along with your teammates.

The personal issues and indifferences doesn't have to mean having beef with anyone in the club. I'd read that as more seeing yourself as part of a bigger thing and rising above your own individual view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back