• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Our final 5 has danger written all over it, plenty of the teams we're clashing with have conveniently hit a rich vein of form just in time to play us.

We SHOULD realistically be winning most, if not all of these games. But, our own form has been harder to predict than Michael Christian's "MRO Wheel of Fortune" since round 3.

We've got 2 of the clubs who have gained the 'sack your coach' superpowers in recent weeks, a rapidly improving Tigers side, and then two of the inferior bird based clubs to steer us into September.

Saturday July 27: West Coast Eagles vs. North Melbourne, 2.40pm @ Optus Stadium: WCE 18.13.121 def NM 10.12.72

Sunday August 4: West Coast Eagles @ Carlton, 1.20pm @ Marvel Stadium: CAR 11.9.75 def by WCE 15.9.99

Teague has got these guys playing exciting footy, I actually found myself choosing to watch a Carlton game to watch Carlton the other day. Been a long time since I've done that. We'll need to be switched on, the Blues have given us a fair run for our money in our last few encounters.

Sunday August 11: West Coast Eagles vs. Adelaide, 2.40pm @ Optus Stadium: WCE 13.12.90 def ADE 12.8.80
The Crows look cooked and have the same level as heart as their inspirational leader, Josh Andrew Luke Sky Tex Walker. Shouldn't be an issue for us.

Sunday August 18: West Coast Eagles @ Richmond, 11.10am @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
Richmond play their home ground very well (helps when you get to play there 17 times in a season, cheers Gil) and have hit their straps with some of their key players returning from injury. What do we make of the Tigers? They're playing good footy, but against lower level teams. Thrashed the training cones Suns and cruised against a GWS side who we seemingly transferred our MCG curse to. Should be an intriguing contest

Friday August 23: West Coast Eagles vs. Hawthorn, TBC @ Optus Stadium
Won a thriller against this mob only a few weeks ago, feels odd to be playing them again so soon. Feels like they played their grand final today but Clarko is a master coach, so you can never rule him, or them out.

What do we make of it? Our best footy should see us pick up at least 4 of these wins, however our best footy has been AWOL for sometime, apart from in patches. If there's anytime for us to hit our straps and start to flex our wings, it's now.

Time to play some Eagles footy campaigners.

Last edited:

4-1 to have us finishing anywhere from 2nd to 4th, depending on other results.
Some pivotal games- Pies v Rich, Bris v Geel (in Brizzie so who knows), us v Rich, Bris v Richmond
Just that Brisbane v Geelong game could impact on whether the Lions finish 2nd or 5th

I'd say 4-1 to finish second and play Richmond in the QF
Top 8 of Geel, us, Richmond, GWS, Lions, Pies, Essendon, Adelaide/Port Adelaide depending on percentage

North at home off the back of two interstate trips, should be a win.
Carlton are playing inspired footy but we should beat them at Marvel if we want to go far this year.
Adelaide at home, got a weird feeling about this one.
Richmond away, I have this as a loss but snag this and 2nd is ours.
Hawks at home could still be in finals contention, if they're not I think we'll flat track them.

Either 4-1 and finish 2nd or 3rd, or 3-2 and finish 3rd or 4th I reckon. Gut feel is that we'll finish 3rd on percentage behind Brisbane.

Last edited:
Xavier Ellis said Cripps started running this weekend. Travis King had him out for 3 weeks.
Not 6 weeks 😉

Funnily enough i had us finishing 2nd assuming we only lost to richmond at the G.

If we drop another game in addition to that we drop to 5th basedon other results going the way i predict.

We are good enough to win all 5. But those teams will be good enough to beat us if we come in half arsed like we did today.

North at home off the back of two interstate trips, should be a win.
Carlton are playing inspired footy but we should beat them at Marvel if we want to go far this year.
Adelaide at home, got a weird feeling about this one.
Richmond away, I have this as a loss but snag this and 2nd is ours.
Hawks at home could still be in finals contention, if they're not I think we'll flat track them.

Either 4-1 and finish 2nd or 3rd, or 3-2 and finish 3rd or 4th I reckon. Gut feel is that we'll finish 3rd on percentage behind Brisbane.
Hopefully Adelaide's finals run is destroyed by then

If we drop another game in addition to that we drop to 5th basedon other results going the way i predict.
If Collingwood beat Richmond next week I think we can drop two and still finish 4th. Richmond have an average percentage and I doubt they will catch ours unless they completely smash us when we play them. Mind you looking at GWS run home they will probably win the rest if they play like they did against the pies, they are two games behind us and they would certainly pip us on percentage.

Pretty confident we win all 5. The only top 8 side we play is Richmond and we match up well with them. Crows are currently top 8 but I expect them to drop by then.

Don't be tricked by the media's fauning over NM and Carlton. They are playing better but still can't take big scalps. Doubt we'll get any % boosting wins, but today's game against Melb shows we know how to scrap out a win.

Pretty confident we win all 5. The only top 8 side we play is Richmond and we match up well with them. Crows are currently top 8 but I expect them to drop by then.

Don't be tricked by the media's fauning over NM and Carlton. They are playing better but still can't take big scalps. Doubt we'll get any % boosting wins, but today's game against Melb shows we know how to scrap out a win.
Yeah I’ll take 5 13 point wins for the remainder of the year. Pretty confident we can step it up when it counts during finals, just need to get there in a decent enough spot (and hopefully regain just about all of our best 22). That stat someone brought up earlier about us having 8 players today who had played less than 50 games puts it into perspective. We aren’t some juggernaut stacked with 200 game players that wins by 40 every week. Although we do have our frustrating games, show me a side this year who hasn’t had at least a couple of games they regret. Plus on top of that we’re the reigning premiers, everyone will play their best game against us (and we pissed off quite a few sides last year so there’s more ammunition :p)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know what too make of our year , we probably have similar win ratio as 2018 but not the same continuity with team lineup and this has probably contributed to wishy washy performances ..
The Adelaide,Richmond and Hawthorn should really bring out the best in Wce , so win all those and WCE will be good chance to B2B ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t know what too make of our year , we probably have similar win ratio as 2018 but not the same continuity with team lineup and this has probably contributed to wishy washy performances ..
The Adelaide,Richmond and Hawthorn should really bring out the best in Wce , so win all those and WCE will be good chance to B2B ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not just any injuries either. Back 6 have been killer, not what you want leading into the last few weeks. Need it to be settled and organised. Think we’ve had at least one change back there just about every other week it feels like. Other lines get a bit more leniency to work things out mid game if the backline is on top, but one mistake down there and you pay the price.

The fixture sure does throw up some anomalies. When our game against the Tigers rolls around we won't have played them for over 450 days, and yet when the Hawks game takes place we'll have played them less than 60 days ago.
You could add in that we have played the Pies 5 times since we last played either Richmond or Carlton.

Need Brisbane to drop the hawks game this week and the cats game at the Gabba. That one might not happen. I’d still be pretty confident of beating them week one if we finish third and them second. Young team with no finals experience won’t just roll into the finals and play the same type of footy they played in the Home and Away games. They’ve had soft draw, which is fair enough from where they were last year, but they’ve beaten us in round 1, the crows by a point, and the giants. They are the only top 8 sides they’ve beaten all year. People are getting carried away with them. Come finals, they will be exposed.

I also reckon, from 3-3 to now being 12-5 with a good chance to go to 13-5, that’s a good result. We’ve had a tough draw and won some hard close games. We’re going ok, just need the injuries to stop and start getting some of these guys back in the side over the next few weeks

I predict 4-1 but thought I would share my running sheet.

Cats are in a poor run of form but have a softish run home with only 1 tricky game away to Lions. I predict they will finish 1

Lions have only 2 top 8 teams to go and their last 2 games will be the tell all.

Pies have a mixed bag but only leave the MCG once

Tigers get to stay at home but have 3 top teams to play

Giants look to have the easiest draw and I see them taking home the chocolates the next 5 games

The Suns will help Lions and Pies %
We want Melbourne to turn up against Pies and Tigers and hope they askon themselves "why didn't we do this earlier"
We want the Dogs to do their usual of losing to the lowly teams then upsetting Lions and Giants

Massive 8 point games
R19 Pies v Tigers
R22 Lions v Cats
R22 Tigers v Eagles
R23 Tigers v Lions

Champion Data has us finishing fourth which would mean an away game to a shared ground against Geelong. Both the Eagles and the Cats call the MCG their alternate home ground so apart from the air travel, not be too bad.

Obviously the preferred outcome would be to win the next 5 and we stay at Optus but the alternative still gives us a double chance

Champion Data has us finishing fourth which would mean an away game to a shared ground against Geelong. Both the Eagles and the Cats call the MCG their alternate home ground so apart from the air travel, not be too bad.

Obviously the preferred outcome would be to win the next 5 and we stay at Optus but the alternative still gives us a double chance

View attachment 713869

Who-ever made that graphic doesn't understand probability.

Back