Analysis The run home...

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast games with Sydney, Hawthorn and Adelaide really are anything and will shape the top 4. Who knows what we ll put up against Saints, Richmond and West Coast. We can lose 2 and still finish 2nd however 3 or more makes it interesting.

I see the Richmond game as 50/50 at best (admittedly that could change depending on form over the weekend), but for some reason we're well and truly favourites in the betting markets to win. On Crownbet it's $2.20 for Richmond and $1.67 for Freo.

I see the Richmond game as 50/50 at best (admittedly that could change depending on form over the weekend), but for some reason we're well and truly favourites in the betting markets to win. On Crownbet it's $2.20 for Richmond and $1.67 for Freo.

Losing Edwards is a big out for them. Lost to Melbourne and WB without him in the team. Vickery out also hurts them in the tall forward / ruck pinch hitting role.

Losing Edwards is a big out for them. Lost to Melbourne and WB without him in the team. Vickery out also hurts them in the tall forward / ruck pinch hitting role.
Vickery is one of this players that always lifts when he plays us. Like spangher from
Hawthorn

He is a handy out

True. I didn't really factor that in, just reacted to our current form and remembered the scars of watching Richmond destroy us.

They're still flaky and they're almost better away from home when they're not expected to win.

Which end do Freo fans usually occupy at the MCG? Will be over for it and would like to sit with/near Freo cheer squad

Looked over the past few pages of threads and couldn't see any other thread to post in - be great if there was a sticky'd thread with all the info etc.

A dedicated "travelling away" guide with inputs from our interstate comrades? Could be a good idea, would be particularly useful for away finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which end do Freo fans usually occupy at the MCG? Will be over for it and would like to sit with/near Freo cheer squad

Looked over the past few pages of threads and couldn't see any other thread to post in - be great if there was a sticky'd thread with all the info etc.
I'm in the Vic Cheer Squad and don't know the answer to this. I think it's usually through gate 1 so that'll be bay 34ish

A dedicated "travelling away" guide with inputs from our interstate comrades? Could be a good idea, would be particularly useful for away finals.

Yeah a thread with a continually updated op so you can plan in advance - could be good for home games as well ala Gil travelling over. Just some general info etc

If you're talking the Richmond game Freo will be at the city end. Richmond will take the Richmond end.

I think Pies will get up for this one. Home ground advantage can't be ignored even if it is Ethihad
Yeah Witts is a big boy and playing much better footy recently, he'll barge into Nic Nat. Pies have been unlucky and just off it to lose 3 in a row, they'll be burning up for this one.

I think it's obvious that Hawthorn will finish top two now. They have TWO games to come against Carlton, plus Brisbane in Antarctica, and not much else aside from their game over here against the Eagles. Frankly I see them 18-4 with ridiculous percentage or 17-5 at worst.

Also, I think Sydney are very likely to finish fourth now. They will drop at least two more games, but I doubt Richmond can catch them.

Therefore, if Freo drop three games (seems likely on current form) we are likely to finish in second or third, and West Coast will likely finish second or third too.

Derby Qualifying Final beckons, I reckon. The only way this won't happen is if we somehow manage to hold onto first place, which would give us Sydney in the QF.

Matt White was interviewed in SEN today and draw comparisons with us this year and them last year, in that they started last season jumping out of the blocks, had a lull in the middle, and then picked up the pace again. Will be interesting to see if start building up momentum.

Matt White was interviewed in SEN today and draw comparisons with us this year and them last year, in that they started last season jumping out of the blocks, had a lull in the middle, and then picked up the pace again. Will be interesting to see if start building up momentum.

Except Port lost a huge number of games during their lull that stopped them finishing top 4. Had they finished first or second, I've little doubt they could have gone all the way as they were the best finals performer last year.

Except Port lost a huge number of games during their lull that stopped them finishing top 4. Had they finished first or second, I've little doubt they could have gone all the way as they were the best finals performer last year.
So our scratching out wins during our lull will hopefully leave us in first or second.

So our scratching out wins during our lull will hopefully leave us in first or second.

Yep. That's what people forget. Most teams out of form (see Port last year, Hawthorn this year) drop games they should have won. We've lost one we should have lost and one that was always going to be questionable on the basis of Richmond's history against us.

Very important keeping 2 games clear of Hawks and Sydney.

The only way we can keep Hawks out of the GF is if they have to play over here in a Prelim; I'm semi-confident that the Eagles could take care of them over here as well, they don't play that well in the West.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back