Analysis The run home...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in the Vic Cheer Squad and don't know the answer to this. I think it's usually through gate 1 so that'll be bay 34ish
Thank you for your service Allikat. Love hearing the chant go up around the ground at away games!! You guys do an amazing job! :thumbsu::D

Even though the Egurls are only a game behind us ,their percentage is worth a game. Unfortunately with our percentage, we always need to be a game clear. If we level off with them ,we are out of the top 2 ,simple as that.

Even though the Egurls are only a game behind us ,their percentage is worth a game. Unfortunately with our percentage, we always need to be a game clear. If we level off with them ,we are out of the top 2 ,simple as that.
Or just beat them :)

What a breezy run home. Norf are rubbish, GWS is at home and Port are done for 2015. Only the Eagles and Richmond as danger games.

Thank you for your service Allikat. Love hearing the chant go up around the ground at away games!! You guys do an amazing job! :thumbsu::D
Thanks! I love our cheer squad. Super awesome guys, and a lot of fun at games :hearts:

I fairly sure the AFL introduced a rule about sending a second string team, after we did it last time.

If we rest 10 players in the last round expect a big fine.
Yeah we're not allowed to do that anymore. I'm pretty happy that we can't because i'm probably going to that game

I fairly sure the AFL introduced a rule about sending a second string team, after we did it last time.

If we rest 10 players in the last round expect a big fine.

Our physio can write everyone on the list up for soreness somewhere.
Does it hurt when I poke here? Yes? Because every sports massage hurts :)

Agreeing with a few other comments. I did not have us at 13-2 I was much closer to 11-4. I also had us drop a game against Richmond. Admittedly that was this week's game not the one at home. But I have had us penciled in for 17 wins from the start of the season and I had us taking 6 games from here to the end of the season. This is less likely given the rise of WCE and our previous poor effort against Richmond.

Still if Hawks or Swans win all their remaining games (WCE would loose at least one then) the most wins they would have is 18. if either of them drop another then they are on 17. If we win 5 we are top two. if we win 6 then we go top of the ladder. Given current form of all teams. We can easily go top two. WCE is the joker in the pack. If they loose to Hawks or Swans we win if they beat them we need to win extra games to take top spot but a top 2 finish is easier.

I think it's obvious that Hawthorn will finish top two now. They have TWO games to come against Carlton, plus Brisbane in Antarctica, and not much else aside from their game over here against the Eagles. Frankly I see them 18-4 with ridiculous percentage or 17-5 at worst.

Also, I think Sydney are very likely to finish fourth now. They will drop at least two more games, but I doubt Richmond can catch them.

Therefore, if Freo drop three games (seems likely on current form) we are likely to finish in second or third, and West Coast will likely finish second or third too.

Derby Qualifying Final beckons, I reckon. The only way this won't happen is if we somehow manage to hold onto first place, which would give us Sydney in the QF.
This is looking likely. Even if we only drop two, if WC only lose just one, to Hawthorn, and the Hawks win all of theirs, we'd slip to third on percentage.
The good part of the equation is a home QF from third and a home Sydney prelim.

Yeah, I think it is more and more likely that Hawthorn will take top spot, and it will be WC vs Freo in the first week of the finals.

WC should account for Sydney this week, so it will be hard for the Swans to rise above 4th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at tthe ladder predictor, I have us dropping only the Derby....WCE I think will drop 2, to the Swans and the Hawks. Hawks wining all of them.
So Freo, Hawks, WCE and Sydney.
I am a bit touch and go with us against the Tigers this week, but think we should win it...just.
The other game I see really impacting the final places is the WCE v Crows game in rd 22....Crows at home will be hard to beat and a loss to the E-girls could see them 4th instead of 3rd...I will be cheering hard for the WCE that game :)!! Would prefer they play the Hawks first finals week and not us!

As long as we avoid Hawthorn in the QF and play at home, I'm happy. It will either be Sydney or the Eagles in the QF, and with any luck the other in the PF. Then we can pray that Hawthorn get knocked off in their PF, and if not it's a rematch of the 2013 final.

Okay Melbourne based Freo fans (regarding Richmond v Freo):

I couldn't get tickets in any of the Freo fan sections (allocation exhausted, contacted club etc.)

Only real tickets available are in bays 5-9 (Richmond territory). Is it worth getting those tickets and trying to find space at the other end or just get GA and find spots where you can?

I couldn't get tickets in any of the Freo fan sections (allocation exhausted, contacted club etc.)

Only real tickets available are in bays 5-9 (Richmond territory). Is it worth getting those tickets and trying to find space at the other end or just get GA and find spots where you can?

Geez how big is the allocation? It's at the bloody MCG surely they could spare a couple of bays.

I have the same question... At this stage I was planning on just getting tickets on the day.

Also, are there any Freo pre-game drinks planned?

Geez how big is the allocation? It's at the bloody MCG surely they could spare a couple of bays.

Yeah I'm of the same thinking - it's a 100,000 capacity stadium and the only GA bays available are M4,M5 and M9 iirc

I kept getting my barcode as invalid so figured it was something ticketeks end. Turned out there is nada left :(

Only other time before 2013 grand final I've been the G was in 06 v Collingwood and there was stacks of space available from memory but I'd like to be able to purchase a set ticket at the Freo end :(

I think it's obvious that Hawthorn will finish top two now. They have TWO games to come against Carlton, plus Brisbane in Antarctica, and not much else aside from their game over here against the Eagles. Frankly I see them 18-4 with ridiculous percentage or 17-5 at worst.

Also, I think Sydney are very likely to finish fourth now. They will drop at least two more games, but I doubt Richmond can catch them.

Therefore, if Freo drop three games (seems likely on current form) we are likely to finish in second or third, and West Coast will likely finish second or third too.

Derby Qualifying Final beckons, I reckon. The only way this won't happen is if we somehow manage to hold onto first place, which would give us Sydney in the QF.
Just did the ladder predictor and came to the same conclusion.

I have the same question... At this stage I was planning on just getting tickets on the day.

Also, are there any Freo pre-game drinks planned?
GA has never been a problem in the past, although the tigers' bandwagon is getting creaky.
Usually there will be some purple at the imperial or the London tavern before mcg games.

I'd go for GA tickets & sneak into the cheersquad area. There's always room at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back