The run home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Just a thread to discuss yours and other teams run home until the end of the season.

Chelsea's run looks pretty decent to me, we play the 'easier' teams away and the 'harder' ones at home. With the form we're in we should be coming home with a wet sail and really push hard for a EL spot.

Stoke H
Liverpool A
West Ham H
Aston Villa A
Swansea A
City H
Bournemouth A
Spurs H
Sunderland A
Leicester H

Arsenal's title charge;

giphy.gif

going to the same place Theo Walcott's talent is.

Just a thread to discuss yours and other teams run home until the end of the season.

Chelsea's run looks pretty decent to me, we play the 'easier' teams away and the 'harder' ones at home. With the form we're in we should be coming home with a wet sail and really push hard for a EL spot.

Stoke H
Liverpool A
West Ham H

Aston Villa A
Swansea A
City H
Bournemouth A
Spurs H
Sunderland A
Leicester H
All seriously difficult ties. Will be interesting to see where things fall for Chelsea.

I reckon we'll beat City, someone posted in the Matchday thread that they have 3 points from 15 since the announcement of Pep and they just don't have fight right now. Europa is a definite possibility, especially given our current form. The next couple (Liverpool has been postponed) will provide a very good test.

Villa (h)
Norwich (a)
Scum (h)
Bournemouth (a)
West Brom (h)
Chelsea (a)
Stoke (h)
Southampton (a)
Arsenal (h)
Swansea (a)

With Newcastle (a) at a date to be determined.

To have a chance we need to win all of the ones not in bold and probably two of the ones in bold.

Would be quite the turnaround in form.

Villa (h)
Norwich (a)
Scum (h)
Bournemouth (a)
West Brom (h)
Chelsea (a)
Stoke (h)
Southampton (a)
Arsenal (h)
Swansea (a)

With Newcastle (a) at a date to be determined.

To have a chance we need to win all of the ones not in bold and probably two of the ones in bold.

Would be quite the turnaround in form.
Thats a pretty good run home.

Arsenal home
Chelsea away
Liverpool away
United home

No need to worry about the other 6 that's us out of the title race. Hopeully hold on to 2nd and finally finish above underachieving arsene

That match against Tottenham is the one I'm really looking forward to. Would love to end their title bid haha.

Stoke H
Liverpool A
West Ham H
Aston Villa A
Swansea A
City H
Bournemouth A
Spurs H
Sunderland A
Leicester H
That looks decent to you? Stoke are always tough. You play Liverpool, West Ham who are going terrifically, Man City, Spurs and Leicester.

That to me looks a tough run home personally.

That looks decent to you? Stoke are always tough. You play Liverpool, West Ham who are going terrifically, Man City, Spurs and Leicester.

I dont mind a tougher run home (lets not forget we're in as good of form as any ATM).

As i said we play the harder teams at the Bridge(which gives us the advantage) and the weaker ones away. Its set up nicely for is to come home hard and go into the preseason with a fair bit of confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont mind a tougher run home (lets not forget we're in as good of form as any ATM).

As i said we play the harder teams at the Bridge(which gives us the advantage) and the weaker ones away. Its set up nicely for is to come home hard and go into the preseason with a fair bit of confidence.
Definitely helps that all the tougher fixtures barring us are at the Bridge. Still it's a tough fixture list. It's not just three or four, it's really six of the remaining ten that you cant really go in thinking definite three points here.

Although you could say that about any fixture in the league this season. You guys are in good form but perhaps starting from too far back. If we do the business in our game in hand you will be five points behind us, seven behind West Ham and still eight behind United. Not even counting Stoke and Southampton who you still trail also.

Tough I think for Chelsea to get back into the top six and Europa League football. Still doable but everything will have to go right and you need to avoid losing at Anfield, a draw would be alright but a loss could be damning.

2 wins in 5 in the prem, and Liverpool are going terrifically? With one of those coming against Aston Villa? :drunk:

Liverpool's last 11 games.

A - Crystal Palace
A - Southampton
H - Tottenham
H - Stoke
A - Bournemouth
H - Newcastle
A - Swansea
H - Watford
A - West Brom

Also two fixtures yet to have a date.

H - Everton
H - Chelsea

So we have six homes games and five away games left. We only play one match against the current top six in the league and that is Tottenham and it's at Anfield. We also have a terrific recent record against Spurs.

That's a pretty decent run home, the only three games I'd be doubtful on the full three points are Chelsea, Everton and Spurs. The rest we should be winning. But of course we are Liverpool so it wont happen like that.

With that list of fixture, I'd really want us to press United and West Ham for a top six finish. We're only six points behind City for 4th but that ship sailed probably months ago but while it's still mathematically possible, I will hope and dream.

But finishing top six is imperative to at least be able to offer Europa League football to potential transfer targets in the summer.

Definitely helps that all the tougher fixtures barring us are at the Bridge. Still it's a tough fixture list. It's not just three or four, it's really six of the remaining ten that you cant really go in thinking definite three points here.

Although you could say that about any fixture in the league this season. You guys are in good form but perhaps starting from too far back. If we do the business in our game in hand you will be five points behind us, seven behind West Ham and still eight behind United. Not even counting Stoke and Southampton who you still trail also.

Tough I think for Chelsea to get back into the top six and Europa League football. Still doable but everything will have to go right and you need to avoid losing at Anfield, a draw would be alright but a loss could be damning.

The only games im really worried about are the Leicester, Spurs and Hammers games. Luckily we play them at home.

Not to say we can't or won't slip up in the others, but with the form we're in we should go in confident to get results.

I just did the EPL predictor again and I was obviously way too kind to Liverpool. Haha.

Somehow I got to the end and had it like this.

75 - Leicester
74 - Arsenal
74 - Liverpool
72 - Tottenham
72 - Man City
68 - Man Utd
67 - West Ham
60 - Chelsea

Haha that's not going to happen. I need to go back and see if just had Liverpool winning out. Winning all 11 remaining league games. I must have. :D

Ok here is how I had the last 10-11 fixtures going for the top eight teams.

LEICESTER
A - Watford - D
H - Newcastle - W
A - Crystal Palace - W

H - Southampton - D
A - Sunderland - W
H - West Ham - L
H - Swansea - W
A - Man Utd - L
H - Everton - W
A - Chelsea - D

ARSENAL

A - Spurs - D
H - West Brom - W
A - Everton - L
H - Watford - W
A - West Ham - W
H - Crystal Palace - W
A - Sunderland - W
H - Norwich - W

A - Man City - D
H - Aston Villa - W

TOTTENHAM
H - Arsenal - D
A - Villa - W
H - Bournemouth - W

A - Liverpool - L
H - Man Utd - D
A - Stoke - D

H - West Brom - W
A - Chelsea - L
H - Southampton - W
A - Newcastle - W

MAN CITY

H - Aston Villa - W
A - Norwich - W

H - Man Utd - D
A - Bournemouth - W
H - West Brom - W

A - Chelsea - D
H - Stoke - W
A - Southampton - D
H - Arsenal - D

A - Swansea - W
A - Newcastle - W

MAN UTD

A - West Brom - D
A - Man City - D

H - Everton - W
A - Tottenham - D
H - Aston Villa - W
H - Leicester - W
A - Norwich - W
H - Bournemouth - W
H - Crystal Palace - W

A - West Ham - L

WEST HAM

A - Everton - D
A - Chelsea - D

H - Crystal Palace - W
H - Arsenal - L
A - Leicester - W
A - West Brom - W
H - Swansea - W

A - Stoke - D
H - Watford - W
H - Man Utd - W

LIVERPOOL
A - Crystal Palace - W
A - Southampton - W
H - Tottenham - W
H - Stoke - W
A - Bournemouth - W
H - Newcastle - W
A - Swansea - W
H - Watford - W
A - West Brom - W
H - Everton - W
H - Chelsea - W

CHELSEA

H - Stoke - W
H - West Ham - D
A - Aston Villa - W
A - Swansea - W

H - Man City - D
A - Bournemouth - W
H - Tottenham - W
A - Sunderland - W

A - Liverpool - L
H - Leicester - D

Yep, I'm so bias. Haha. I had Liverpool winning out which is ridiculous and wont happen. I also had Man City going unbeaten on the way home.

I also had Arsenal losing to Everton and Leicester beating Palace to open up a 9 point gap and it seemed all but lost for Arsenal 9 points adrift with 8 games to play.

But then Arsenal reel off five straight wins and Leicester lose twice a draw a game in the same five game span to make it a one point gap with two to play.

Leicester do the business against Everton to go four points clear but Arsenal falter away to Man City, drawing the game and leaving the gap at three points.

Arsenal have a better GD and kill Villa on the final day moving to the top of the table. Leicester are away to Chelsea, needing just a draw to claim the title but if Chelsea do them, it's curtains for Arsenal.

After mulling over the decision, I decided that Chelsea have nothing to play for and play out a bore draw because they dont want Arsenal to win the title, handing it to Leicester.

Now to re-do Liverpool as more realistic.

LIVERPOOL
A - Crystal Palace - W
A - Southampton - W
H - Tottenham - D

H - Stoke - W
A - Bournemouth - W
H - Newcastle - W
A - Swansea - W
H - Watford - D

A - West Brom - W
H - Everton - D

H - Chelsea - L

There we go, more realistic outcome for Liverpool and a rejigged table.

Leicester - 75
Arsenal - 74
Tottenham - 73
Man City - 72
Man Utd - 68
West Ham - 67
Liverpool - 65
Chelsea - 63

This is a disaster for Liverpool as we have finished 7th and missed out on European football.

Closest title race ever with three points separating the top four!

Down to the wire, change a couple of results. Man City beating Arsenal instead of drawing at home and Leicester drawing with Everton instead of winning means City finish top on 74 following by Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester all on 73 points!! Haha.

Could 75 points really win the title this season?

I just did the EPL predictor again and I was obviously way too kind to Liverpool. Haha.

75 - Leicester
74 - Arsenal
74 - Liverpool
72 - Tottenham
72 - Man City
68 - Man Utd
67 - West Ham
60 - Chelsea

Haha that's not going to happen. I need to go back and see if just had Liverpool winning out. Winning all 11 remaining league games. I must have. :D

LEICESTER
A - Watford - D
H - Newcastle - W
A - Crystal Palace - W

H - Southampton - D
A - Sunderland - W
H - West Ham - L
H - Swansea - W
A - Man Utd - L
H - Everton - W
A - Chelsea - D

ARSENAL

A - Spurs - D
H - West Brom - W
A - Everton - L
H - Watford - W
A - West Ham - W
H - Crystal Palace - W
A - Sunderland - W
H - Norwich - W

A - Man City - D
H - Aston Villa - W

TOTTENHAM
H - Arsenal - D
A - Villa - W
H - Bournemouth - W

A - Liverpool - L
H - Man Utd - D
A - Stoke - D

H - West Brom - W
A - Chelsea - L
H - Southampton - W
A - Newcastle - W

MAN CITY

H - Aston Villa - W
A - Norwich - W

H - Man Utd - D
A - Bournemouth - W
H - West Brom - W

A - Chelsea - D
H - Stoke - W
A - Southampton - D
H - Arsenal - D

A - Swansea - W
A - Newcastle - W

MAN UTD

A - West Brom - D
A - Man City - D

H - Everton - W
A - Tottenham - D
H - Aston Villa - W
H - Leicester - W
A - Norwich - W
H - Bournemouth - W
H - Crystal Palace - W

A - West Ham - L

WEST HAM

A - Everton - D
A - Chelsea - D

H - Crystal Palace - W
H - Arsenal - L
A - Leicester - W
A - West Brom - W
H - Swansea - W

A - Stoke - D
H - Watford - W
H - Man Utd - W

LIVERPOOL
A - Crystal Palace - W
A - Southampton - W
H - Tottenham - W
H - Stoke - W
A - Bournemouth - W
H - Newcastle - W
A - Swansea - W
H - Watford - W
A - West Brom - W
H - Everton - W
H - Chelsea - W

CHELSEA

H - Stoke - W
H - West Ham - D
A - Aston Villa - W
A - Swansea - W

H - Man City - D
A - Bournemouth - W
H - Tottenham - W
A - Sunderland - W

A - Liverpool - L
H - Leicester - D

Yep, I'm so bias. Haha. I had Liverpool winning out which is ridiculous and wont happen. I also had Man City going unbeaten on the way home.

I also had Arsenal losing to Everton and Leicester beating Palace to open up a 9 point gap and it seemed all but lost for Arsenal 9 points adrift with 8 games to play.

But then Arsenal reel off five straight wins and Leicester lose twice a draw a game in the same five game span to make it a one point gap with two to play.

Leicester do the business against Everton to go four points clear but Arsenal falter away to Man City, drawing the game and leaving the gap at three points.

Arsenal have a better GD and kill Villa on the final day moving to the top of the table. Leicester are away to Chelsea, needing just a draw to claim the title but if Chelsea do them, it's curtains for Arsenal.

After mulling over the decision, I decided that Chelsea have nothing to play for and play out a bore draw because they dont want Arsenal to win the title, handing it to Leicester.

LIVERPOOL
A - Crystal Palace - W
A - Southampton - W
H - Tottenham - D

H - Stoke - W
A - Bournemouth - W
H - Newcastle - W
A - Swansea - W
H - Watford - D

A - West Brom - W
H - Everton - D

H - Chelsea - L

Leicester - 75
Arsenal - 74
Tottenham - 73
Man City - 72
Man Utd - 68
West Ham - 67
Liverpool - 65
Chelsea - 63

This is a disaster for Liverpool as we have finished 7th and missed out on European football.

Down to the wire, change a couple of results. Man City beating Arsenal instead of drawing at home and Leicester drawing with Everton instead of winning means City finish top on 74 following by Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester all on 73 points!! Haha.

I prefer your initial prediction where we win all our remaining games. A bit sobering missing top 6

75 - Leicester
74 - Arsenal
74 - Liverpool
72 - Tottenham
72 - Man City
68 - Man Utd
67 - West Ham
60 - Chelsea

LEICESTER
A - Watford - D
H - Newcastle - W
A - Crystal Palace - W

H - Southampton - D
A - Sunderland - W
H - West Ham - L
H - Swansea - W
A - Man Utd - L
H - Everton - W
A - Chelsea - D

ARSENAL

A - Spurs - D
H - West Brom - W
A - Everton - L
H - Watford - W
A - West Ham - W
H - Crystal Palace - W
A - Sunderland - W
H - Norwich - W

A - Man City - D
H - Aston Villa - W

TOTTENHAM
H - Arsenal - D
A - Villa - W
H - Bournemouth - W

A - Liverpool - L
H - Man Utd - D
A - Stoke - D

H - West Brom - W
A - Chelsea - L
H - Southampton - W
A - Newcastle - W

MAN CITY

H - Aston Villa - W
A - Norwich - W

H - Man Utd - D
A - Bournemouth - W
H - West Brom - W

A - Chelsea - D
H - Stoke - W
A - Southampton - D
H - Arsenal - D

A - Swansea - W
A - Newcastle - W

MAN UTD

A - West Brom - D
A - Man City - D

H - Everton - W
A - Tottenham - D
H - Aston Villa - W
H - Leicester - W
A - Norwich - W
H - Bournemouth - W
H - Crystal Palace - W

A - West Ham - L

WEST HAM

A - Everton - D
A - Chelsea - D

H - Crystal Palace - W
H - Arsenal - L
A - Leicester - W
A - West Brom - W
H - Swansea - W

A - Stoke - D
H - Watford - W
H - Man Utd - W

LIVERPOOL
A - Crystal Palace - W
A - Southampton - W
H - Tottenham - W
H - Stoke - W
A - Bournemouth - W
H - Newcastle - W
A - Swansea - W
H - Watford - W
A - West Brom - W
H - Everton - W
H - Chelsea - W

CHELSEA

H - Stoke - W
H - West Ham - D
A - Aston Villa - W
A - Swansea - W

H - Man City - D
A - Bournemouth - W
H - Tottenham - W
A - Sunderland - W

A - Liverpool - L
H - Leicester - D

LIVERPOOL
A - Crystal Palace - W
A - Southampton - W
H - Tottenham - D

H - Stoke - W
A - Bournemouth - W
H - Newcastle - W
A - Swansea - W
H - Watford - D

A - West Brom - W
H - Everton - D

H - Chelsea - L

Leicester - 75
Arsenal - 74
Tottenham - 73
Man City - 72
Man Utd - 68
West Ham - 67
Liverpool - 65
Chelsea - 63

Cmon Jod, Pool can still win it from here. Wheres that outcome:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back