The run home.

Remove this Banner Ad

kvwlwee0w90oqkk5t86l.jpg

Dat day Ob1 admitted 2 bein a Sith.

What are they losing it about? Any spurs fan who is buying into us being in a good spot to win this needs their heads checked.

We are the best of a very unlikely lot but not in a spot to have our hopes up too high really
Need to be with a couple points going into the last 3 matches to be in a position to win it. Requires LCFC to drop points in the next 5 games and us to go through Bournemouth, Scousers, Man U, Stoke and WBA with at most 1 draw amongst 4 wins.

Unlikely that we will but if we can we give ourselves a chance given they travel to OT and the Bridge and in between a home game v Everton.

Terrible logic.

Current situation we are behind the 8 ball but in 2nd.

Before season finishing top 4 was the goal.

How that equates to disappointment is beyond me? I guess west ham who had higher targets than Leicester this season are also a disappointment because they aren't winning the league despite exceeded their own expectations?
Love how most on here in SM predictions thread had us outside the top 4. Most Scousers had us finishing below them (lulz) but now all of a sudden it's a big disappointment to not win the league. 2nd would still be 3 positions of progress and some useful CL money.

We'll need to strengthen the squad further given the expected bounce backs of some select bigger clubs next season.

West Ham have obviously been excellent this season but I wouldn't put them above Everton just yet. Need to see how they go next season first.
I think West Ham will begin to feature more often amongst top 4 races. Unlike Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal of recent years and years to come, they've been gift wrapped a stadium. With a nice little bow on it too!

Hasn't this year proved the 'stadium' thing to be a false excuse?
Not what I'm saying, not an excuse, I'm saying that the extra seats they'll have will help them compete financially with the clubs regularly vying for top 4 positions, with the added bonus of no overheads or austerity to pay for it.

Most years money talks and is important in this game, unless this sort of season repeats itself next season it may well just be an anomaly. A year where two relatively low spenders are 1 and 2 in the league.

I just think this season is like a perfect storm with the 5 biggest/richest clubs all performing under par at the same tim6r. When was the last time that happened?

Its all set up for someone to come out of the clouds to snatch the title and it looks like Leicesters going to do it.
I think the key difference I've noticed here is that in truth it would be disappointing not to win it given we can conceivably win it. The difference is I'm reading between the lines with WC who's subtly inferring there's a failure attached to not winning it.

That part isn't true given we'd have bitten someone's hand off prior to the season for top 4, which we should achieve from here. Especially with City's injuries this morning.

Not what I'm saying, not an excuse, I'm saying that the extra seats they'll have will help them compete financially with the clubs regularly vying for top 4 positions, with the added bonus of no overheads or austerity to pay for it.

Most years money talks and is important in this game, unless this sort of season repeats itself next season it may well just be an anomaly. A year where two relatively low spenders are 1 and 2 in the league.
Extra seats because they'll get more in gate receipts? Gate receipts count for only a very small percentage of the income clubs get in. The TV deal means that gate receipts are largely irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extra seats because they'll get more in gate receipts? Gate receipts count for only a very small percentage of the income clubs get in. The TV deal means that gate receipts are largely irrelevant.
Which then beggars the question, if it is so insignificant in its contributions then why are clubs forking out hundreds of millions of pounds to increase capacity? I don't think it is that insignificant.

Eg. 2014 Spurs gained 34m from Match receipts (19% of revenues). Surely moving to 61k capacity would represent a good increase in that. If it didn't represent an economic benefit commensurate to the outlay then surely it would not be pursued logically. WHU have got all that for free essentially.

Which then beggars the question, if it is so insignificant in its contributions then why are clubs forking out hundreds of millions of pounds to increase capacity? I don't think it is that insignificant.

Eg. 2014 Spurs gained 34m from Match receipts (19% of revenues). Surely moving to 61k capacity would represent a good increase in that. If it didn't represent an economic benefit commensurate to the outlay then surely it would not be pursued logically. WHU have got all that for free essentially.
For more corporate boxes I would assume.

We've finished top 3 in 11 of the past 12 seasons haha. It's really not that outrageous to think we'll be back up there again.
and on the point from Pykie about competitiveness, how many of those 11 years were there more than chelsea, Pool, United and Arsenal as the well performing clubs? in those early years you 4 dominated most years. Now there are 3-4 more clubs in that top 4 mix regularly such is the evenness of the league.

Which makes your instant jump back to top 3-4 not as likely as it would have been 5-6 years ago. I find it exciting tbh.

I find it a bit baffling that you can get to this stage of the season in Spurs position and not at least have a thought of winning. When we were in that position in 11/12 I didnt think of much else. If Leicester miss out from here I bet they'll be gutted too.

It doesnt mean both sides havent had a great season.

I get the whole self defence mechanism, but it doesnt hurt to dream a bit.

I find it a bit baffling that you can get to this stage of the season in Spurs position and not at least have a thought of winning. When we were in that position in 11/12 I didnt think of much else. If Leicester miss out from here I bet they'll be gutted too.

It doesnt mean both sides havent had a great season.

I get the whole self defence mechanism, but it doesnt hurt to dream a bit.
Of course we are thinking about winning it. But I wouldn't put our whole season being a success on somehow achieving it. It was highly unlikely almost bordering on impossible before the season started, and now it's just unlikely

Of course we are thinking about winning it. But I wouldn't put our whole season being a success on somehow achieving it. It was highly unlikely almost bordering on impossible before the season started, and now it's just unlikely
This. I thought all the above was pretty obvious so but unsure why it's been twisted into something different. In all honesty it will be bittersweet but speaking for myself I will take the positives out of the season, and believe we still have a bright future and there's no reason we won't challenge again next season.

Anyway I apologise for being a bit forthright last night to Chef and calling PP a douche. I had been out for a few sherbets and it probably showed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back