Prediction The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

On balance, you'd like to think we'd win these last 5 games.

Im willing to write off weekends game as a blimp considering we were very good against Geelong and should of beaten Hawthorn last week contrary to 2015 where we lost to them by 90pts at ANZ.

We are not getting thrashed by contenders like in 2015 so that would suggest we are every bit a chance.

Im willing to write off weekends game as a blimp considering we were very good against Geelong and should of beaten Hawthorn last week contrary to 2015 where we lost to them by 90pts at ANZ.

We are not getting thrashed by contenders like in 2015 so that would suggest we are every bit a chance.
I need to say this because I think people are selling Carlton very short.
Carlton played a brilliant game & out coached us. Bolton did his home work & the players that he has now put his faith in now deliver what he has been asking them to deliver from the time he took over.
Beware Carlton I say to anyone who plays them in these last 5 weeks. There are players there now desperate to play under Bolton & he has made them hungry, but they are not necessarily part of his grand plans. So these blokes played like I havent seen a Carlton team play for 10 years.
They will play finals next year with that midfield. We have great midfielders but unfortunately not as many good ball users as Carlton have.

Even if we win all 5 games we are still a fair chance to drop to 5th given how easy the Crows, Giants and Cats run home is. They are all likely to finish with a better percentage than ours.
I would argue the Giants have a tougher run home than us, playing 2 top 8 teams vs our 1.
On balance, you'd like to think we'd win these last 5 games.
I can see us dropping one tbh, just not sure which one. Saints, Port, North all vying for 8th and will be playing hungry.

We are inevitably going to bomb it long anyway due to our lack of precise footskills, better putting it on Tippett's head than Heeney's or nobody's at all. I think Tippett at full-forward will also make the likes of Papley, Rohan, Heeney more effective due to providing a better contest in the air and bringing more balls to the ground. Unless your boy Reid makes a miraculous recovery and can hold-down full-forward I think Tippett is going to be it, we desperately need a big marking target down there because the resting rucks have been giving us nothing.
Agreed, at least we would have some smalls around him now, unlike the days of Tippett, Buddy, Goodes and Reid all in the same forward line without a crumber in site.

Tippett to the goal square for mine. Naismith is a natural first ruck.

I would argue the Giants have a tougher run home than us, playing 2 top 8 teams vs our 1.

I can see us dropping one tbh, just not sure which one. Saints, Port, North all vying for 8th and will be playing hungry.

I think saints will be very hard. They are very very quick and play etihad very well.

If we go undefeated for the rest of the year we will be top 4 IMO, I expect at least the Giants to drop one.

I think saints will be very hard. They are very very quick and play etihad very well.
Should be a good game. I rate our form at Etihad too, always play well there.

Port I am kinda weary of due to our seemingly lacking home ground advantage at the SCG.

Basically it is ridiculously tight due to a few minutes of stupid footy over the year.

Crows could lose freo and port will lose one at least
Geelong should go undefeated maybe tigers upset but u likely
Gws if mumford out could falter but i think north eagles and tigers all losses potentially

Not sure why we are the top side who will get rolled by middle of the road crap while others storm home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Us losing to Richmond. Who here cares who the Tigers lose to? Besides, I think Collingwood and Carlton are both better than their records reflect. Collingwood has just been a victim of the wrong guys getting injured at the worst times, and Bolton is rebuilding Carlton faster than anticipated.

Swans have played one really bad game this year, against GWS at Spotless. The rest of the losses were, as I see it, making bad mistakes at the worst moments. I noticed Horse had his best guys out there in the final minutes. Smart move. Had one of those guys lost that game? Don't even want to think about how to rebuild his confidence then!

I feel our boys match up well with anyone. Despite youth or inexperience, we have the talent. Just a matter of fixing the little errors, and playing with confidence and discipline. So, for the remainder of the season, I remain optimistic. Or maybe I am just crazy. Check where I am from. I have an excuse.

Talent is there definitely but the experience could be what decides it.
It could all depend on whether players like Tippett, Reid, Laidler, McVeigh, Jonee are fit and ready.

Seriously looking at the draw
Freo suck
Port we have wood over
Saints wood over
North wood over
Richmond ok brain fart team, but we havent lost to them twice in a year usually

If Port were hungry they would've won yesterday.

#stillannoyed

Even if we win all 5 games we are still a fair chance to drop to 5th given how easy the Crows, Giants and Cats run home is. They are all likely to finish with a better percentage than ours.

It would be pretty unlikely for all of those teams to go undefeated in the last 5 rounds.

I hope the Richmond game ends up being a Friday night game or the first Saturday game.

Last three times we've had opportunities to go on top we've lost. I'm worried if we know we have to win or win well to make top 4 we will fail under the pressure.

Have us finishing 7th and losing to North away first round of the finals

North won't finish sixth.

They play Saints, Bulldogs, Hawks, Us and GWS. They should lose at minimum two of those games so they won't even finish higher than us.

North won't finish sixth.

They play Saints, Bulldogs, Hawks, Us and GWS. They should lose at minimum two of those games so they won't even finish higher than us.
Should beat Saints, Bulldogs and us.

Should beat Saints, Bulldogs and us.

Millky feel like you're being overly negative/pessimistic! Yeah our performance over the weekend was poor. But looking at the form lines of North and us over the past month...

Swans: close loss to Bulldogs, beat Geelong, close loss to Hawks, close win over Carlton

North: loss to Adelaide, loss to Eagles, loss to Port Adelaide, win against Collingwood

Millky feel like you're being overly negative/pessimistic! Yeah our performance over the weekend was poor. But looking at the form lines of North and us over the past month...

Swans: close loss to Bulldogs, beat Geelong, close loss to Hawks, close win over Carlton

North: loss to Adelaide, loss to Eagles, loss to Port Adelaide, win against Collingwood
Won't be at the SCG, no Tippett, plus in none of those games have we been able to kick a really decent score once. Could see them snatching it off us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back