The Run Home

Jun 2, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon EEEEEEsports
upload_2017-6-26_17-3-5.png

Percentage very important. need to put teams like brisbane to the sword.

Hard enough to predict one week in advance (let alone two months)... but here goes...

Brisbane - W (I will probably tip the Lions, but we really should win this)
Collingwood - L (We haven't gone 2-0 against the Pies since 2005 but I expect with Buckley's job on the line for them to lift)
St Kilda - L (We're 1-5 in "away" games this year and the Saints are building... would've preferred to have played them a few weeks back)
North Melbourne - W (Should win although on their day they can beat anybody and they love (x100) beating us)
Western Bulldogs - L (A bit like the Saints... I think we are going to play them at the wrong time of year)
Carlton - W (Just read my description for the North game and the same applies here)
Adelaide - L (Their small forwards will cause us problems and the Crows generally play very well at Etihad)
Gold Coast - L (Our form on the road is patchy to say the least)
Fremantle - W (We will tease everybody with a great performance to finish the year in our first home game against the Dockers since 2010)

10-12 (with a mid-range percentage) and a year of wasted opportunities.
Four Ws?!?!
I'm shocked to be sitting here
151723-james-hird.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hard enough to predict one week in advance (let alone two months)... but here goes...

Brisbane - W (I will probably tip the Lions, but we really should win this)
Collingwood - L (We haven't gone 2-0 against the Pies since 2005 but I expect with Buckley's job on the line for them to lift)
St Kilda - L (We're 1-5 in "away" games this year and the Saints are building... would've preferred to have played them a few weeks back)
North Melbourne - W (Should win although on their day they can beat anybody and they love (x100) beating us)
Western Bulldogs - L (A bit like the Saints... I think we are going to play them at the wrong time of year)
Carlton - W (Just read my description for the North game and the same applies here)
Adelaide - L (Their small forwards will cause us problems and the Crows generally play very well at Etihad)
Gold Coast - L (Our form on the road is patchy to say the least)
Fremantle - W (We will tease everybody with a great performance to finish the year in our first home game against the Dockers since 2010)

10-12 (with a mid-range percentage) and a year of wasted opportunities.

Crows aren't the same team as the ones we played earlier in the year and the Dogs have been average all year won't be surprised if we beat both.

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon have Fantasia and play well at Etihad. Guess that doesn't fit the pessimitic vibe you choose to go with, though.

Guess you've forgotten the 112, 82 & 65 point losses in our last 3 games against them. Or Betts/Cameron kicking 23 goals between them in those performances.

Keep the head in the sand though. :thumbsu:

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Guess you've forgotten the 112, 82 & 65 point losses in our last 3 games against them. Or Betts/Cameron kicking 23 goals between them in those performances.

Team has improved lots since those losses. imo the boys would like to get one back for flogging us in round 4.

Last edited:

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Reckon all the games are winnable. If we want to make the finals - we need to be able to start stringing multiple games together and go on a run of 3-4+ games. If we are good enough to play finals we will do this, otherwise we won't.

I'd give us about a 45% chance of playing finals. Realistic but a bit less than even chance.

There aren't many bad teams this year (probably just Brisbane). So we can lose to basically anyone.
Plus as good as some of our players are - if our midfield continues to concede so many inside 50s then we will never be able to keep our opponents out of matches. We just give them too much chances. Improve that and it will all just fit together.

Regardless of what happens from here that was the hardest month of our fixture and despite the debacle on Friday I think we've passed with flying colours.

s**t knows what happens from here though, we could run out of petrol tomorrow or we could come home with the wettest of wet sails, or anything in between.

Killer_Mike

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2017
Ghetto Extraordinary
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal,Knicks,Victory
Woosha has been pretty consistent in his messge that the back half of the year we will stronger. Our list is physically healthy and despite what happened friday night we are top four for form last five or six weeks.

The club would recognise that if we finish the year off well and sneak into the eight, not only will it give the club a massive boost, it means we will get a lot more primetime games next year.

We have a real opportunity and there should be no excuses.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat

Hardly relevant to current form of the side. Keep the Debbie Downer act up though :drunk:

yeah, coz those games in Adelaide are really relevant to form at Etihad. :drunk:

Parish2McGrath

Team Captain
Feb 24, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Swans loss was a hammer blow but we're still in a good spot.

If we're good enough, we'll play finals. Simple as that. Make no bones about it - we should win our next four.

westking

Cancelled
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Whoever happens to be winning
Honestly I can see us winning all 9. Don't think it'll happen but I can see it.

It also wouldn't surprise me if we only win 3 though

Same. We can win all 9 or lose all 9. Somewhere in between. Hope its closer to 6+.

westking

Cancelled
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Whoever happens to be winning
Swans loss was a hammer blow but we're still in a good spot.

If we're good enough, we'll play finals. Simple as that. Make no bones about it - we should win our next four.

Yeah but at the start of the year, no one would of serioulsly picked us to beat the Swans up there. I think some perspective is required. I suspect the club has eyeballed the last nine rounds to make a serious charge. 6/9 is the bench mark from now. Anything less would be disappointing. Anything more would be ahead of expectations.

So yea in short I agree with you.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the...s/news-story/de8508f742124cf8699699e6999f22dd

Fox Footy's run home:

PROJECTED FINALS SERIES

First Qualifying Final: GWS Giants v Melbourne

First Elimination Final: Sydney Swans v Essendon

Second Elimination Final: Richmond v Geelong Cats

Second Qualifying Final: Adelaide Crows v Port Adelaide

PROJECTED LADDER

Rank Club Record
1 GWS 19-3
2 ADE 15-7
3 PA 14-8
4 MEL 14-8
5 SYD 14-8
6 RIC 14-8
7 GEE 14-8
8 ESS 14-8
9 WC 12-10
10 WB 12-10
11 COL 10-12
12 STK 10-12
13 FRE 8-14
14 GC 7-15
15 HAW 7-15
16 NM 6-16
17 CAR 6-16
18 BL 2-20

11. Essendon (6-7, 102.6%)

Remaining games: Brisbane Lions at ES, Collingwood at MCG, St Kilda at ES, North Melbourne at ES, Western Bulldogs at ES, Carlton at MCG, Adelaide Crows at ES, Gold Coast Suns at MS, Fremantle at ES

Remaining fixture difficulty: 18th (two Top 8 opponents, average opponents’ percentage of 93.43)

Percentage of teams making top 8 from current record: 32.3

FRIDAY night hurt Essendon. But given their remaining draw it should be a mere flesh wound. We can only assume that teams will play at their best each week when tipping every game from now until season’s end — and making that assumption, the Bombers might not lose until August. And if the Dons can make the most of their fixture, there will surely be a few more upsets than we have predicted here, so they could well finish much higher than eighth.

Fox Footy’s projection: Eight wins, finishing eighth on percentage (14-8)

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Whatever happens it will be better than the last four years, and next year will be better again.

I'm dreaming of a Richmond EF, but I won't jinx it by saying that out loud.

Last edited:

maskmcgee

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
Brisbane (ES) Win
Collingwood (MCG) Win
St Kilda (ES) 70% win
Bulldogs (ES) Win
North Melbourne (ES) Win