Votes: 13 26.0%
  • 13th/14th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bottom 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No it wasn't. Melbourne can still definitely make the 8, to say they categorically can't is just plainly untrue.
While they can, I just can’t see it. Feel like tonight will be a defining moment.

While they can, I just can’t see it. Feel like tonight will be a defining moment.
I disagree. I still have them in 6th. One win away from 3rd but only 1 game ahead of 9th

North should lose enough games regardless, but we now need GWS and Hawthorn to lose as many games as possible.

C'mon Carlton!
If Carlton beats just one of them...

I don’t even know how to end that sentence.

Looking at the run home, Geelong winning was probably the better result for us. Geelong still have Brisbane, Fremantle and Gold Coast at GMHBA Stadium.

Melbourne's last 5 games:

Adelaide AO
Gold Coast MCG
Sydney MCG
West Coast OS
GWS MCG

Winning only two would leave them at 12 wins and that probably won't be enough. Might come down to the game against GWS and I wouldn't trust them to win that with everything on the line. Next week is interesting. If we win, then we will benefit from a Melbourne win or an Adelaide win either way. If Adelaide win, we'd want them to win close.

I think our defining game is actually against Hawks. If we win that - even if we lose to Sydney- we're going right to the wire and probably sneak in.
Lose and season over.

Sydney will be our hardest game of the year next week.

Their Gold Coast loss was for most of the football world... sensational... but for us? They are going to come out all guns blazing to atone.

Their Gold Coast loss was for most of the football world... sensational... but for us? They are going to come out all guns blazing to atone.

I am not sure Sydney have too many bullets in those guns at the moment, paper thin midfield makes them very gettable.

Out of our last 5 games hawthorn and Sydney are the ones that have continually bashed us up over the last 10 years if we can win those 2 I'll be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure Sydney have too many bullets in those guns at the moment, paper thin midfield makes them very gettable.
As long as somebody can break even with Kennedy... He has averaged 32.6 disposals against us over the past 5. Even taking out the banned players year and subbing in the one prior he still averages 32.

As long as somebody can break even with Kennedy... He has averaged 32.6 disposals against us over the past 5. Even taking out the banned players year and subbing in the one prior he still averages 32.

Seen many Essendon Vs Swans games over the years where Kennedy just walks it out of the middle must say not looking foward to that happening.

Or their confidence will be low. Could work both ways

Seen many Essendon Vs Swans games over the years where Kennedy just walks it out of the middle must say not looking foward to that happening.
Can remember us out playing them convincingly in Sydney recently only to be done in the last three minutes. We are a better team now, they are a worse team now. We can and should win at home. They are good at etihad but we play well against good teams it seems. Go bombers

Well I would rather them out of form and doubting themselves than the usual disciplined bloods culture footy that we continuously lose to.

Sydney have only won 1 of their last 4 and that was out of their ass against North Melbourne, they are cooked.

Sydney have only won 1 of their last 4 and that was out of their ass against North Melbourne, they are cooked.

We should be all wiser than to just write them off.

Expect their A game next week. If our players rock up with the “They just lost to the Gold Coast, we’ve got this” ... game over.

They are a massive bogey team for us but this is the week we can change that. But it will take a massive effort, on and off the field.

We should be all wiser than to just write them off.

Expect their A game next week. If our players rock up with the “They just lost to the Gold Coast, we’ve got this” ... game over.

They are a massive bogey team for us but this is the week we can change that. But it will take a massive effort, on and off the field.

If we win its also another step in the right direction to being a good team.
We dont need to make finals for it to happen. If we finish the year off strong it will be an improvement over last year.

If we win against Sydney then we can start looking forward to the (slim) possibility of making finals. My crystal ball says the Carlton loss will be the defining moment for our finals aspirations.

Yes.

Defining moment in that it prompted change at the club that has allowed us to play consistent football over the past two months and win 7 games in that time. This has now given us a chance to take something from 2018.

Had we snuck over the line against Carlton it would have just papered over the cracks and we would’ve meandered to a 6 or 7 win season.

Back