• 13th/14th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bottom 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth. Which isn't much.

Essendon and Collingwood beat Port Adelaide by a combined 100 points will see us jump ahead of Port on percentage.
Geelong have to lose to both Freo and Gold Coast, by any margin.
If North Melbourne win one game they have to lose the other game by 30 points more than their winning margin for their percentage to be catchable.

How much would Melbourne need to lose both matches by to drop all the way down to 105 % ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

How much would Melbourne need to lose both matches by to drop all the way down to 105 % ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If they didn't score in either and lost both games by 150points they'd be 109.9%

We would have expected to play finals so in isolation it was a failure.

If we continue the way we finished this year and even improve on that and start really challenging then it won’t have been a failure. Step back to take two forward.

I was strongly in the view that the season was a failure but that club then found tbe best way forward and learned from its mistakes until last night where they played an injured Goddard and Hooker. A difficult choice yes given the stakes but given what has trasnpired this year the correct call would have been not to play them and have the faith in the system.

Hooker may have got us back into it in the last but he was also a liability for 3 qtrs.

Hopefully they dont put themselves in a similiar situation next year.

There is a "backs to the wall" culture that has developed at the club largely due to the saga years.
Meaning we only dig deep when the odds are stacked against us.
I don't want to totally lose this culture because I think it will be our most treasured weapon when tight games or finals need to be won.
What we need to add to our armour is winning for the sake of winning. Locking 4 points away when we should against lower sides. Call it a ruthlessness.

How can anyone not be happy about last three months? This is better than making the finals last year with soft draw and not playing the type of football to win finals.

2016 was not a waste for the Tigers, it helped them win in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m actually really curious as to how we went backwards - the big outs from 2017 were :

Watson
Kelly
Daniher
Gleeson

And the ins :
Stringer
Saad
Smith

Does that mean that the ins can’t compensate the outs and the reason why we went backwards from 8th to 12th? :think:

Funny how people can not accept that this year is a failure reason why we have been mediocre for years

Yes what fans think is exactly why the team hasnt gotten results.

I’m actually really curious as to how we went backwards - the big outs from 2017 were :

Watson
Kelly
Daniher
Gleeson

And the ins :
Stringer
Saad
Smith

Does that mean that the ins can’t compensate the outs and the reason why we went backwards from 8th to 12th? :think:

Or the comp is more even and you cant look at this in isolation.

Watson
Kelly
Daniher
Gleeson

And the ins :
Stringer
Saad
Smith

We're on the same number of wins now as we were this time last year with almost the same percentage as well. It's just been a harder year with a higher standard through the middle of the ladder than it was last year.

Freo winning at quarter time.

tenor.gif

Back