Votes: 13 26.0%
  • 13th/14th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bottom 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t call it a wasted season more a failed season.

The team was meant to play finals and win one,went and recruited 3 players to archive that and they didn’t

That to me is a fail club should be disappointed.
100% agree - this is perfectly articulated!

Never depend on Freo is the thing here.

15 goals in a row.

I stepped away at 26 -22 i think it was? Just turned it back on and saw freos score first thought oh maybe i hadnt been gone as long as i thought.

Nope

To be honest, I'm glad we've come up short through absolutely steaming home. If i remember last year, we weren't really that convincing towards the end of the year, and then of course we got destroyed against sydney.

Slow start, massive development, fast strong finish but missing finals > Playing average and getting destroyed in finals.

Of our 5 double ups, if Port make finals 4 of them made the finals and we did not have a double up against a bottom 4 team.

If you asked me after the carlton game how I felt about 2018, I would have said an unmitigated disaster. Since then we've made significant improvements and now the feeling is one of optimism heading into next year.

But make no doubt about it, if we don't win a final in 2019, it will be a massive failure. Not making finals this year is already a failure.

If you asked me after the carlton game how I felt about 2018, I would have said an unmitigated disaster. Since then we've made significant improvements and now the feeling is one of optimism heading into next year.

But make no doubt about it, if we don't win a final in 2019, it will be a massive failure. Not making finals this year is already a failure.

Worsfold will be on thin ice if we miss finals again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year in isolation is already a failure. The expectation was to win a final and we didn't get there. Next year, we simply have to earn a home final for the first time since 2002. That was the last time we finished above 7th. We haven't done what Collingwood has done (finish top 4) in 17 years. Scraping the 8 doesn't cut it anymore.

Freo winning at quarter time.

tenor.gif
So that went well...

100% agree - this is perfectly articulated!
I also agree - if you look at the teams we will finish ‘better than’ in 2018, it reads : Bulldogs, Fremantle, Brisbane, St Kilda, Gold Coast, Carlton - hardly the world-beaters of the last few years. The marketing at the club will need to work overtime to convince the media that 2018 was a ‘success’ :drunk:

Almost preferred the loss on Friday night in the end. Even had we beaten the Tiges, our season would still have been over. Would have been hell watching our season end as each result fell the wrong way throughout the weekend. Best we could have finished was 9th.

Back