The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

dopesayo

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Haven't seen a thread for this yet so thought I'd post one, let me know if I missed it!

Current ladder:
661082ec05.png

Run home:
Melbourne: Sydney, Eagles, Giants
Hawks: Geelong, Stk, Sydney (Good chance to win 1)
Collingwood: Brisbane, Port, Freo (Good chance to win 2)
Port: West Coast, Collingwood, Essendon
Sydney: Melbourne, GWS, Hawthorn
Geelong: Hawks, Freo, Suns (Good chance to win all 3)
North: Bulldogs, Adelaide, Stk (Good chance to win 2)

Looking at these runs home we probably need to win at least 2 of our remaining games due to percentage.

There's no way we will overtake Hawthorn, Melbourne or Geelong's percentage, so we need to be a game ahead of them to overtake them. Meaning if Hawks beats the Saints, we need to win 2 of our last 3. If Melbourne wins a game, we need to win 2 of our last 3. Geelong is very likely to win at least 2 of their games so again, we need to win 2 of our last 3.

However, if we're able to beat Melbourne and they lose their last two against the Eagles and Giants, we will overtake them. This is a real possibility because they have 2 tough games. On top of the fact we probably need to win 2/3 to make the 8, this upcoming game against Melbourne may be our most important game of the season. Really hope we get up for this one.

We almost lost to collingwood after creating a winning gap. We have episodes where our high pressure game can't be sustained for a quarter or two or even up for a game or two. That inconsistency isn't the basis from which premierships are won. I'd love to win the remaining 3 but even that is questionable to propel us to top 4. I'd love to see us win it from here, but it's remote IMO.

We almost lost to collingwood after creating a winning gap. We have episodes where our high pressure game can't be sustained for a quarter or two or even up for a game or two. That inconsistency isn't the basis from which premierships are won. I'd love to win the remaining 3 but even that is questionable to propel us to top 4. I'd love to see us win it from here, but it's remote IMO.

extremely remote, on form we lose all 3

though i have a good feeling re Dees, but think GWS may tear us a new a-hole

Few unknowns which may help shape the rest of the season:

- Hanners contribution when he returns.
- How AJ develops in the back line and if his inclusion is substantial
- Will McCartin continue to develop as the second genuine fwd target
- Can Dawson shape the broader midfield as glimpsed vs. Collingwood

Best case is 2 wins and they come against Melbourne and Hawthorn. I'll be shocked if we in all three.

Realistically I think we miss finals this year, unless Buddy has the month of his life.

yeah not sure I want to rely on that

Edit: Sorry quoted you by mistake

Doing my ladder predictor it required one or two upsets for one win.

Western Bulldogs over North this week would be nice. Providing we then win of course.

The fact we need two is very concerning. I see our best chances against Melbourne and Hawthorn.

With that being said I could see Gws and Melbourne really putting us to the sword. I think we're all slightly overrating our win over Collingwood and forgetting how bad we were the 4/5 games before that.

If Hanners comes back in close to 2016 levels we are a new team.

With this being said it's all in our own control really.

0/1 wins miss finals
2 wins finals
3 wins finals and probably top 4.

Big last few weeks and hopefully helps us click heading into finals.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

extremely remote, on form we lose all 3

though i have a good feeling re Dees, but think GWS may tear us a new a-hole

How, with all the crap about gender, rape culture, respect etc that we have to be lectured on, this expression, not just here but on radio and TV as well, is accepted is beyond me. Not picking on you, King, just an observation.

Sydney: Melbourne, GWS, Hawthorn

I reckon the Demons are quite gettable if you apply the blowtorch, they are still young & prone to errors which your guys will capitalise on. The Hawks are a week-to-week proposition so they too are gettable.

The Giants are the tough one, they have really turned the corner over the past 6-weeks and will be tough to beat, not impossible but the hardest of the three to counter.

If you win two of those, you'll certainly make the 8, with a week's break to freshen up some sore players before the finals series is played, anything is possible.

You just have to be in the 8, I know that is Capt. Obvious speaking but the next three weeks are the acid test. Lose two of them and you don't deserve to play finals.

I dont think we will beat Melbourne. The stakes are just as high for them, probably higher given how they missed out on the 8 last year. They're also better offensively than we are defensively. We're a chance, but I don't see our current form being good enough to hold them.

Basically Franklin needs to reproduce his Collingwood effort across the last 3 games, still not sure how we beat GWS tho.
No he doesn't, we just need him to produce one, and Ronke to produce another! :p:D

Way I see it, these last three games are a great opportunity to improve our draft position.

Did you know the Chinese character for crisis is the same one used for opportunity?

Lose our last 3 games? club is aiming for finals otherwise Franklin, Hanners and whoever else would be booked for surgery.

I think we aim to make the 8 every year anything more is a bonus.

I'm a bit like SwansProudly, excited to see what we can do. Should we make it to finals then we deserve to be there & have the tough run in that will see us in good stead I reckon.

We don't make it then we obviously weren't going to be good enough to go deep into finals anyway.

I reckon we make it. It starts this week against the Dees!!

Bring it on!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back