Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Essendon, Brisbane and the two teams from Adelaide are fighting for three spots. I am assuming with all games to go at the G Richmond is home. North are playing well, but it is too late. Similarly, Doggies and Freo are too far out. If two of the teams in this bunch completely choke then one of them are a possible.

TeamAdelaideBrisbaneEssendonPort
Prior wins8977
the opponent for r 16Port GWS (away)Sydney (mcg)Adel
17Suns (away)Port (away)Norf (Docklands)Brisbane (home)
18Essendon (home)North (home)Adelaide (away)Richmond (away)
19Carlton (away)Hawks (Tass)Suns (away)GWS (home)
20St Kilda homeDogs (home)Port (home)Essendon (away)
21Eagles (away)Suns (home)Doggies (Docklands)Sydney (home)
22Collingwood (home)Geelong (home)Freo (away)North (away)
23Doggies (away)Richmond (away)Collingwood Dockers (home)
Prediction total ...

This makes our games against Adelaide and Port extremely important. The Dogs form will shape the finish as they play three of us. So does north. Both teams have found some good form and could easily beat all us, so maybe they are still in the mix.

I went to enough trouble makeing the table. Can't be bothered filling in the predictions. ... you can!

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
The Giants spot in the 8 just opened up to us. They have a nightmare run home.

mzuppit

Debutant
Jul 9, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
The Bulldogs are a game behind us but they have three winnable games at Marvel next (Melbourne, St Kilda and Fremantle). If we drop this game vs North then lose to Adelaide, I see North and the Doggies going past us on the ladder in a few weeks.

MattF185

All Australian
Jul 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cricket basketball tennis athletics
We might end up with 13 wins and still not make it on %. Just need Port to lose as many as possible to Brisbane (Home), Richmond (Away), GWS (Home) and Essendon (Away). If they win 2 of those, their fixture does open up for their last three. Ideally, they win one of the next four.

MattF185

All Australian
Jul 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cricket basketball tennis athletics
Also, I don’t think North is a realistic finals chance even if they win this weekend, as they have Geelong in Geelong, West Coast Away and Brisbane away in the run home.

How quickly that can change to not being able to unsee it
Yeah look I regretted that about 5 minutes later knowing what would probably happen.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Port game is critical
Means we can drop games to Freo, Adelaide and Collingwood and still be in with a chance.
Also need Port to lose to GWS & North.

Alternatively, we balls up North or Dogs game, and we're gone.
Port beat us too, we can drop as low as 14th by my count.

could be disastrous.
Shame we can't offer our 2nd rd picks to GWS for our 1st back now, then tank the **** out of the rest of the season

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Port game is critical
Means we can drop games to Freo, Adelaide and Collingwood and still be in with a chance.
Also need Port to lose to GWS & North.

Alternatively, we balls up North or Dogs game, and we're gone.
Port beat us too, we can drop as low as 14th by my count.

could be disastrous.
Shame we can't offer our 2nd rd picks to GWS for our 1st back now, then tank the **** out of the rest of the season

The Bulldogs game is critical imo always seem to struggle againts them.

Port we have their measure and it's at Marvel

The rest of the games North,Crows,Pies,Freo I'm confident we can win them all.

The Bulldogs game is critical imo always seem to struggle againts them.

Port we have their measure and it's at Marvel

The rest of the games North,Crows,Pies,Freo I'm confident we can win them all.

Really? We will most likely lose all 4 of those and against the dogs who have our measure.

With Hawthorn currently smashing Freo, today becomes even more important. It’s a chance to potentially end the round 2 games clear of 10th (if the Dees can upset the Dogs) and really leave it up to how we play against Port/Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back