Preview The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Figured I’d make a thread for the last month as I can see it going down to the wire.

C6C793EB-3A24-4C3E-96B3-5C3EACBD533D.jpeg

Obviously swans and cats have their games today but you’d expect both of them to win. Dogs are locked into firsy now IMO, don’t see them moving.

Basically we need Sydney and Brisbane to drop at least one game each, this would enable us to only win 2 games and be guaranteed top 4. Unfortunately both those sides will go in as favourite in all of their remaining games so the Suns/Crows games are ABSOLUTELY non negotiables. Percentage for us is irrelevant now due to the draw, we just can’t afford any more slip ups.

Also if we win our next 3 our game against Geelong will be a practice run for a qualifying final two weeks later.

Will be a pretty fascinating last month of footy, will definitely come down to the final round in terms who finished top 4 out of the contenders.

I honestly can't see Sydney and Brisbane winning their last 4, reckon they'll both win 3 at most, hence 2 wins could well see us finishing top 4.

Win 3 and we're there though obviously. Bring it on.

Will be a pretty fascinating last month of footy, will definitely come down to the final round in terms who finished top 4 out of the contenders.

I honestly can't see Sydney and Brisbane winning their last 4, reckon they'll both win 3 at most, hence 2 wins could well see us finishing top 4.

Win 3 and we're there though obviously. Bring it on.

Yeah I’d say it’s unlikely they win them all too, Lions more likely than Swans but their form has been shaky. Alternatively we need Port to drop two games which I think is unlikely.

The run home for Sydney and Brisbane... Both teams are six points behind us (if Sydney beat Freo today).

Sydney
Essendon (A)
St Kilda (A)
North (A)
Suns (H)

Brisbane
Hawks (A)
Freo (A)
Collingwood (H)
Eagles (H)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Essendon are a quality side, there's no question about that, we will learn from this and come back stronger next year" - Simon Goodwin, 2021
They got 15 goals from stoppages, but that's an anomaly so no need to worry for next wee- erm, season.

It was fun sitting at the top for half a season. I enjoyed that feeling. I knew it wouldn't last, but at least it was a taste of what supporters of successful clubs get to experience. I don't see us troubling the finals too much - although I think we have at least one upset left in us. Certainly not flag-winning stuff though. Geelong and the Bulldogs are streets ahead, and have finals experience.

We can’t afford to sack a coach, will definitely still get next season.

I’m morbidly curious about what the melts on this board will be like though.
Can you imagine the future MFCSS
Even after being 10-0 or whatever and clear on top we still managed to Melbourne it up.
You could literally never trust the team again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back