Fixture The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the hard bit. I threw the GF priority onto my membership for this year on a whim (mostly to make sure it was available to me for next year), so very likely to have a sub-$250 ticket, but getting flights etc. for less than a few grand is unlikely.
Wish I had known about that option

I bit the bullet pre Swans game and bought a cheap seat’s package
The one that includes tix to the Prelim and GF

Figured we had as much chance as anyone at that stage , probably should have taken the purple glasses off

Resigned to driving over ,
Flights will be too hard

Dream scenario :

Win Prelim Final at Optus
Drive to Melbourne for GF

Likely Scenario :

Trying to flog my s**t seats to some dodgy Collingwood supporters on the internet 🙄

Last edited:

I was living in the USA in 2013. Flew Houston-LA-Melbourne return and found cheaper flights than if I was living in Perth.

Yeah some people went via Bali and Singapore, crazy stuff hey

And yet with no alternative for us in WA, the Vics wonder there is so much angst directed their way about the venue always being the G (except last year of course)

On that note, imagine if we had timed our run a year earlier...

All that aside, the MCG debate is for another time. We all know it advantages any Vic based club and when we've only played 14 games there since the 2013 Grand Final and Melbourne have played 12 games there and Collingwood 14 games there by the end of this season alone it is a huge difference in terms of experience and there's no way we get more there other than demanding more there or consistently make finals...

It’s the ridiculous seat allocation for the GF ( (15,000 for visiting team I believe?) that had me worried hence took the plunge and bought some cheap seats
Didn’t want to get disappointed when tix got released online

Flights for 5 of us would have been astronomical so the drive will be painful but a lot cheaper

I hope it’s our time for the planets to line up 🤞
Going to be a tough call without Tabbs and underdone Fyfe .
I’m not holding my breath ( and hope I can sell the tickets 😬)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the ridiculous seat allocation for the GF ( (15,000 for visiting team I believe?) that had me worried hence took the plunge and bought some cheap seats

Flights for 5 of us would have been astronomical so the drive will be painful but a lot cheaper

I’m not holding my breath ( and hope I can sell the tickets )

I live in Sydney and I purchased one of the $1400 packages with my mate from Perth when they first came out. So he was able to get cheap flights back then.

As you say if the planets align then happy days, but if they don’t we are going to have a massive Grand final weekend anyway

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not holding my breath ( and hope I can sell the tickets 😬)
Pretend you have not heard this from me but you can buy grand final tickets off MCC members that are not keen to go on the week of the GF. It cost me $500 in 2013 and I got one of the best seats you could have in the MCC section.

I wonder how the lead up to a qualifying final would differ playing at home compared to flying out a couple of days prior and being in the heart of the opposition's town without the attention on you.

If the team won away, into a prelim, most of that hype would have flashed into their world during the first week where there isn't a game. The excitement can be enjoyed and then settle into preparing for a preliminary final.

I'd like to win a home qualifying final against a side that isn't comfortable travelling, but hosting the prelim is far more valuable to me.
This is why in one way, finishing fifth wouldn't be so bad, could really cause an upset in week two presuming we made it through. Realistically the goal this year is win a final, anything more than that is a bonus.

I was living in the USA in 2013. Flew Houston-LA-Melbourne return and found cheaper flights than if I was living in Perth.
I remember that. Crazy!

IIRC flights from Perth to Melb cost me $1400 and accomodation was something like $1000. GF tickets were $400 or so. Still worth it.

I had tickets to the after party with the players etc but I couldn't bring myself to go. Went and had a quiet pasta somewhere in a back street and didn't talk to anyone. Then flew home the next morning.

IMG_0158.JPG

Still pisses me off that we couldn't wear purple.

Last edited:
I live in Sydney and I purchased one of the $1400 packages with my mate from Perth when they first came out. So he was able to get cheap flights back then.

As you say if the planets align then happy days, but if they don’t we are going to have a massive Grand final weekend anyway

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hopefully I see you up in the nose bleed section 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back