Fixture The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Just the feels šŸ˜

We play well against Richmond for some reason and we shouldnā€™t have lost against Saints
We play the good sides at home and they are building , we can only hope that they might have off days like we did Saturday

I think Richmond and saints games are definitely winnable, probably need 1 of them to make top 4.

Sydneyā€™s form is very on and off
Port arenā€™t overly flash.

We are 4-4 over the last 8 and if not for the Baileys comet ā˜„ļø game ( once every 123 yrs ) and the Hawks missing some sitters it could be worse than that

When was the last time we played really well ?

Drop any of the next couple at home and it might be better in the long run to start eying off next year

Hard for the optimistic to hear but Iā€™d have us 8th or 9th on form but itā€™s a topsey turvey year and we could find our best footy again

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
5-3 mate. Last two games have been poor but we beat Brisbane with a fwd line of banfield, Freddy, and lobb so I wouldn't discount that game. Two really good games vs melb and bris, two really poor games vs hawks and blues. Interesting to see how we go against Port. Don't know what to expect

5-3 mate. Last two games have been poor but we beat Brisbane with a fwd line of banfield, Freddy, and lobb so I wouldn't discount that game. Two really good games vs melb and bris, two really poor games vs hawks and blues. Interesting to see how we go against Port. Don't know what to expect

5-3 youā€™re right , anyways itā€™s good to be back in the mix at least

Port have been pretty solid the last couple of months

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I reckon if we finish 5th the hardest game will be at Optus - the deck sucks this year, massive crowd pressure and some has-been team like Richmond with more recent finals experience will topple us as the rain drizzles under our eye lids.

If we DID win I'd have more confidence we could go on to win 3 matches back-to-back in Melbourne (our new home ground).

I reckon if we finish 5th the hardest game will be at Optus - the deck sucks this year, massive crowd pressure and some has-been team like Richmond with more recent finals experience will topple us as the rain drizzles under our eye lids.

If we DID win I'd have more confidence we could go on to win 3 matches back-to-back in Melbourne (our new home ground).
Yep, would definitely take Geelong at the MCG on a dry Melbourne spring day, with a double chance.

For the 1st time in a long time , I am what's the word.... Relaxed

2 games left and Freo already sealed a finals spot
I am completely the opposite .
Donā€™t know how to deal with this finals business and want to go to Melbourne if we are playing finals

But the logistics of will we be playing , when , getting there, organising transport , tickets , working in with 5 different family members and their work/ school commitments are all very daunting

Was a lot easier when we were s**t TBH šŸ™ƒ

Last edited:
The unfortunate concern is the injury to Tabs & the fact that it looks like Lobb is one good hip & shoulder away from having his year ended.
I can guarantee they would have looked seriously at resting Lobb this week, but with Tabs out, they may not be able too.
The coaching staff & committee will definitely be talking about what the forward mix looks like going into finals without both Lobb & Tabs, but with the bye going into the finals, youā€™d hope Tabs would be available for the first week as long as there are no setbacks.
Hopefully Treacy & Sturt can fire up over the next week or two at Peel or if given an AFL opportunity, with Fyfe being an X factor.

The unfortunate concern is the injury to Tabs & the fact that it looks like Lobb is one good hip & shoulder away from having his year ended.
I can guarantee they would have looked seriously at resting Lobb this week, but with Tabs out, they may not be able too.
The coaching staff & committee will definitely be talking about what the forward mix looks like going into finals without both Lobb & Tabs, but with the bye going into the finals, youā€™d hope Tabs would be available for the first week as long as there are no setbacks.
Hopefully Treacy & Sturt can fire up over the next week or two at Peel or if given an AFL opportunity, with Fyfe being an X factor.
Surely Treacy gets a run this weekend?
Time to shine Cyclone

Freo need to build some momentum now and get the game plan locked in a practiced over the next couple of weeks. There are no excuses. WC will be without JK and Kelly and now GWS are going to be without Toby Greene.

If Freo drop one they donā€™t deserve to win a flag.

Must show no mercy and hit finals with momentum.

I feel we get Tracey and Switta in and leave them in. Get some continuity in the forward line

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Toby Greene out for GWS. That will help šŸ‘

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do we play Geelong at Geelong or MCG in this scenario? I probably know the answer but just want it confirmed

On SM-G975U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's no way the AFL would let them play a final at a GMHBA under construction when the MCG is available and has missed out on so much footy in the past couple years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back