Analysis The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

We can still miss 4th and finish 5th if … we lose to Hawthorn and Sydney (away) and Carlton win their last two (Suns away & GWS home). Blues take our spot in the top 4 if that happens.

Finals have effectively already started.

It’s always the case and can be seen for most teams but we have ****ed ourselves and will be 2 or 3 wins short of the ideal spot (2nd)
??

We're a game behind Brisbane, and they have Collingwood next week. You think they'll win both and we'll lose both?

Top two is now dead, but it’s very likely we play the pies in Melbourne week 1 unless they lose to Essendon.

Essendon vs GWS is kinda a key game now, want GWS to win as if Essendon win they’d be playing a weakened pies for a spot in the 8 last round.

Top two is now dead, but it’s very likely we play the pies in Melbourne week 1 unless they lose to Essendon.

Essendon vs GWS is kinda a key game now, want GWS to win as if Essendon win they’d be playing a weakened pies for a spot in the 8 last round.

Exactly. Tomorrow is everything for Essendon.

We basically can’t change from 4th if we win at least a game (Don’t see lions losing to saints or port dropping either game). Be interesting to see how we’d approach a win = going to Brisbane and a loss = playing the pies in the last game though.

Edit - nvm we can’t change spot, we badly need pies to beat Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as avoid Brisbane at the Gabba or a ‘home’ semi final against a massive Carlton crowd, don’t mind the other outcomes.

Since the year 2000, no one has won a premiership finishing 4th...

Just saying.
Imacelebrityau GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

I literally only learnt this last week..

We can either break the trend or just become another stat.
Read the last 5 pages of the Non-dees afl thread. There was a whole discussion about it last night.

Why are we still talking about winning a premiership from 4th?
Only way I see us winning it is if we win the finals series followed by a Grand Final challenge from the minor premiers under the Argus system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back