Analysis The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want to play Port in Week 1 at this stage, regardless of venue.

They're by far the most vulnerable of the top-four, and have a lower percentage than seven other teams (including the one that's in 12th), which is a decent indicator that they’re certainly not world-beaters.

Reckon we have them covered in just about all areas of the ground. At the 'G would be lovely, though I'd still back us at AO. Have a feeling they could drop all the way down to fourth though - big game for them against the Cats this week.
I'd love to beat The Pride in a Final and see Zorko's face as he realises he won't win a Premiership in his career.

Honestly if we don’t get 2nd I would rather 4th than 3rd since I suspect Brisbane would get 2nd. Give me Collingwood. Pies at the G v Brisbane at the Gabba, I know what I prefer.

Honestly if we don’t get 2nd I would rather 4th than 3rd since I suspect Brisbane would get 2nd. Give me Collingwood. Pies at the G v Brisbane at the Gabba, I know what I prefer.

I don't see Lions beating Collingwood though and I think the key to defeat Lions was shown on the weekend. Stifle Neale and get a defensive forward onto Andrews. I think the Lions had an unhealthy relience on Ashcroft as a first year player and now he is gone.

It is all about Port for me they could drop a game or two:-
  • against Geelong away (but after this weekend I am not sure Geelong can do it)
  • Giants at home it is all going Giants way at this point.
  • Freo away. If Freo can actually bring it.
  • Tigers away. If Tigers can bring what they did to the game against Melbourne on the weekend.

Just two games that worry me for Melbourne that being Carlton and Swans. Though Melbourne should beat Swans even though it is away.

The conservative side of me is finishing 3rd.

I am pretty happy at this point, Goodwin/Coaching group have made very big calls with the team and they are paying off. They could have stuck their heads in the sand but they didn't they showed they are flexible and self aware enough to switch things up.

Looks like Aliir Aliir and Lachie Jones will be out this weekend. So come on Cats...

400614.png

400614.png

We could still win the minor premiership

Still not convinced we won't finish 3rd or 4th. Relying too much on other results going away.

Still not convinced we won't finish 3rd or 4th. Relying too much on other results going away.
Oh agree. We have locked top 4 though which is a start.

Remaining runs:

Dees
CARL (MCG)
HAW (MCG)
SYD (SCG)

Collingwood
GEEL (MCG)
BRIS (MCG)
ESS (MCG)

Port
GWS (AO)
FRE (Optus)
RICH (AO)

Brisbane (playing right now)
ADEL (Gabba)
COLL (MCG)
STK (Gabba)

On form I think the winner of Collingwood-Brisbane is one of the top 2 and we are the other

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh agree. We have locked top 4 though which is a start.

Remaining runs:

Dees
CARL (MCG)
HAW (MCG)
SYD (SCG)

Collingwood
GEEL (MCG)
BRIS (MCG)
ESS (MCG)

Port
GWS (AO)
FRE (Optus)
RICH (AO)

Brisbane (playing right now)
ADEL (Gabba)
COLL (MCG)
STK (Gabba)

On form I think the winner of Collingwood-Brisbane is one of the top 2 and we are the other
Could pencil in two out of three for Brisbane. Means we'll probably have to win all three. Collingwood have s good run home all games at the mcg, but suddenly look a bit more vulnerable. Port in a similar boat should win their home games but also look a bit vulnerable with all their injuries.

Collingwood vs Brisbane is at Marvel I've been informed by Tip toe thru the Tulip 's....got me too, what's weird venue choice
Think basically Collingwood have to have a couple of home games at Marvel otherwise they'd be having like 20 games at the MCG every year.

Yep. The reason we don’t get one is we still play the Alice Springs game.
Everyone wants a home game against Collingwood and Essendon and Carlton want one played at the G. There's no reason they should be playing Geelong there though. They should be forced down the highway like everyone else.

Not that it matters if we finish top 2 anyway but the odds of the Pies winning two of their next three is pretty slim on form for mine. Especially if Essendon are playing for a finals spot in R24.

Could Simon Goodwin summon his inner Dean Bailey and tank his way to 4th if we lose this week to make sure we get a "home" final week 1?

Could Simon Goodwin summon his inner Dean Bailey and tank his way to 4th if we lose this week to make sure we get a "home" final week 1?
Wouldn't be surprised if Collingwood drop two games from here.

Which would still make them uncatchable if we drop this weeks game
But Brisbane would probably jump them meaning either 2nd or 3rd place would be a final against them at the G.

But Brisbane would probably jump them meaning either 2nd or 3rd place would be a final against them at the G.

Brisbane are two games behind. If Pies win one they wont catch them either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back