Analysis The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway, it wont happen, Goody doesnt roll that way. Im more so saying it might not be as bad as it seems if we were to lose two of the next three and finish fourth.

Remind me of this post when I say the sky in falling in the flag window thread after round 24

Brisbane are two games behind. If Pies win one they wont catch them either.
Brissy and us are on the same amount of points and play Collingwood in two weeks. Collingwood could lose this week and lose to Brisbane next week leaving them exposed to finishing 2nd or 3rd. If we fell to 4th it could still mean a QF at the Gabba.

Anyway, it wont happen, Goody doesnt roll that way. Im more so saying it might not be as bad as it seems if we were to lose two of the next three and finish fourth.

Remind me of this post when I say the sky in falling in the flag window thread after round 24
We lose 2 of the next 3 we won't win the flag anyway. Premiers show themselves this time of year. We have a good win against Carlton and I'll truly believe in us again

We lose 2 of the next 3 we won't win the flag anyway. Premiers show themselves this time of year. We have a good win against Carlton and I'll truly believe in us again

Agree, but if Collingwood lose 2 of the next 3 also and we play them in a qualifying final someone has to win and will be a premiership chance.

Agreed. Blues and Swans games will show where we're really at imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brissy and us are on the same amount of points and play Collingwood in two weeks. Collingwood could lose this week and lose to Brisbane next week leaving them exposed to finishing 2nd or 3rd. If we fell to 4th it could still mean a QF at the Gabba.

In light of this, we should just win all three of our games instead of trying to finish fourth in my opinion. Do you agree big footy user Bluelegs ?

Agreed. Blues and Swans games will show where we're really at imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not a crack at you good Dr, but reckon the old 'this upcoming game against x opponent will show where we're really at' has been used on this board every week since about round 12.

In light of this, we should just win all three of our games instead of trying to finish fourth in my opinion. Do you agree big footy user Bluelegs ?
Just did a ladder predictor which was Collingwood losing both the Geelong and Brisbane games and us losing to Carlton and beating Sydney and Hawks. Everything else I gave to the favourites. Ended up with Brisbane, Collingwood, Port, Melbourne as top 4.

So this week is starting to feel pretty important.

Just did a ladder predictor which was Collingwood losing both the Geelong and Brisbane games and us losing to Carlton and beating Sydney and Hawks. Everything else I gave to the favourites. Ended up with Brisbane, Collingwood, Port, Melbourne as top 4.

So this week is starting to feel pretty important.

I still think the Pies will beat Brisbane down here. Lions form on the road isn't anything special even if the Pies are struggling.

I still think the Pies will beat Brisbane down here. Lions form on the road isn't anything special even if the Pies are struggling.
Lions looked very shaky yesterday, so I suspect you're right. Pies are definitely gettable now but still a very good side.

Our next 3 games have looked easy at at various times in the year but are looking difficult now.

I'd have a lot more confidence if we had Petty but am suddenly worried again with more change to the forward line.

Would be great if we could knock Swans out of the finals after last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Salem May Tomlinson
HB: Rivers Lever Hibberd
C: Hunter Brayshaw Langdon
HF: Pickett JVR Petracca
FF: ANB Petty Fritsch
R: Gawn Oliver Viney

I/C: Sparrow McVee Bowey Melksham
Sub: Smith
EMG: Grundy Jordon Spargo Chandler

This side sees us through to the end of the season IMO.

Tomlinson in is absolutely vital for me. Over the last three seasons I reckon May and Lever's best periods of form have been with him in as the third tall in defence/second KPD. Smith just doesn't offer the same structural reliability/accountability IMO. Reckon he makes the perfect sub though.

I'm not opposed to rolling the dice with Grundy as a forward if Petty doesn't get back in, but more likely Smith moves into that role.

Big Spargo and Chandler fan but I think Melksham and Sparrow will end up squeezing them both out given their form hasn't been very consistent in 2023. Both competing for the sub spot with Smith.

JJ has had some mares the past few weeks and has also put himself out of favour.

ROUND 24 FIXTURE UPDATE
Date:
Sunday 27th August
Time: 3:20pm (AEST)
Broadcast: Seven Network | Kayo Sports

FB: Salem May Tomlinson
HB: Rivers Lever Hibberd
C: Hunter Brayshaw Langdon
HF: Pickett JVR Petracca
FF: ANB Petty Fritsch
R: Gawn Oliver Viney

I/C: Sparrow McVee Bowey Melksham
Sub: Smith
EMG: Grundy Jordon Spargo Chandler

This side sees us through to the end of the season IMO.

Tomlinson in is absolutely vital for me. Over the last three seasons I reckon May and Lever's best periods of form have been with him in as the third tall in defence/second KPD. Smith just doesn't offer the same structural reliability/accountability IMO. Reckon he makes the perfect sub though.

I'm not opposed to rolling the dice with Grundy as a forward if Petty doesn't get back in, but more likely Smith moves into that role.

Big Spargo and Chandler fan but I think Melksham and Sparrow will end up squeezing them both out given their form hasn't been very consistent in 2023. Both competing for the sub spot with Smith.

JJ has had some mares the past few weeks and has also put himself out of favour.

Chandler not in the side? Ridiculous. Vital player. Id have him over any of the 4 named on the bench.

Toump Ass , ive been waiting all afternoon for you to s**t talk Carlton in the mainboard thread. Always enjoy your cheeky comment winding the opposing fans up. Gets me pumped up for the weekends game.

Chandler not in the side? Ridiculous. Vital player. Id have him over any of the 4 named on the bench.
No doubt he's a gun but needs to show that his form of the last few weeks is guaranteed for mine. Hasn't kicked more than 1 goal against any of the top 9 sides and kicked 1 goal total between rounds 9 and 16 (when, to be fair, we were in a slump). Kicking a big bag in the next three weeks would do him good. I've got the others ahead of him for now. His tackle numbers also tend to go down in the games he kicks goals, so finding a balance there is critical.

No doubt he's a gun but needs to show that his form of the last few weeks is guaranteed for mine. Hasn't kicked more than 1 goal against any of the top 9 sides and kicked 1 goal total between rounds 9 and 16 (when, to be fair, we were in a slump). Kicking a big bag in the next three weeks would do him good. I've got the others ahead of him for now. His tackle numbers also tend to go down in the games he kicks goals, so finding a balance there is critical.

I'm not that concerned about goals, far more to his game than that, like ANB I think his work rate up and back is vital for what do. When Hunter and Langdon work back into defensive 50 we need guy to link up going back the other way and Chandler is a key part of that. Not to mention hes one of our better users going inside 50.

ROUND 24 FIXTURE UPDATE
Date:
Sunday 27th August
Time: 3:20pm (AEST)
Broadcast: Seven Network | Kayo Sports

It's actually cooked how late they announce this.

We were keen to travel as a family but having two kids under 4 means that a night game was never an option for us, and now that it's just 20 days out we've moved on to other priorities.

I'm not that concerned about goals, far more to his game than that, like ANB I think his work rate up and back is vital for what do. When Hunter and Langdon work back into defensive 50 we need guy to link up going back the other way and Chandler is a key part of that. Not to mention hes one of our better users going inside 50.
Yeah but that side of his game is also not consistent just yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back