Analysis The run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Then why has no team won it from 4th? The ladder rarely lies.

If we finish 4th, we play Collingwood at the G then more than likely Carlton in a semi. A team we just lost to

As I said, its an oddity.

Like I said mate, we get an easier run to the GF if we finish 2nd or 3rd.

I'll happily see you chuck a heap of money on us when we finish 4th for the flag though seeing as you're so condident

If we're relying on not playing the Pies we aren't winning the GF regardless. I'd rather take the MCG QF and go from there than an away QF.

Don't bother, he has his knickers in a twist and won't listen to reason.
The definition of listening is hearing someone else's point and then counter arguing it. Atleast I have something to counter argue, you've got nothing to add except this

If we're relying on not playing the Pies we aren't winning the GF regardless. I'd rather take the MCG QF and go from there than an away QF.
Not what I said. If everyone thinks we can beat the pies then we get in prelim if we lose the first final away to Brisbane. We lose the first final to Collingwood and we have an away prelim to Brisbane.

I'd rather the first

I wanna win as many games as possible. Losing to Collingwood in the qualifying final at the G means a preliminary against Brisbane at the Gabba.

Actually losing the qualifying final to Brisbane gets us a prelim against Collingwood at the G if people wanna cope so that's actually a better path
What if we lose a qualifying final and then lose a semi against Carlton? Why don’t we do both?
Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

When was the last time 1st played 4th in week 1 of the finals and 4th had a winning record against 1st during the season?

These are the sorts of questions you need to ask and why all finals series aren't the same.

Not really mate it makes sense I'll try slow it down for you

If you think we are 'good enough' then why be scared to face Brisbane then
I'm not scared to play anyone, anywhere. If we are good enough, we win, if not we lose. That's how it goes.

I'm not going to be a negative Nancy and write us off from the results of this game though, like you.

I'm not scared to play anyone, anywhere. If we are good enough, we win, if not we lose. That's how it goes.

I'm not going to be a negative Nancy and write us off from the results of this game though, like you.
Try again I didn't write us off, I said losing our way to 4th isn't better than winning our way through. Again. Pretty simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try again I didn't write us off, I said losing our way to 4th isn't better than winning our way through. Again. Pretty simple.
You said that did you?
I'm not going back through posts to contradict you, cause ultimately I don't give a *. So if you did say that, you are certainly correct.
Goodnight TK, I can't be ****ed arguing with you any more.

Its all irrelevant unless we make the proper adjustments, next two weeks will give me a better idea.
I was encouraged by our ability to regain control as the quarters went on, but worried about our start to all four of them. The systems felt ok today, aside from the glaring issue. We look a better team with Trac up forward and Brayshaw playing like a man possessed in the midfield.

Topkent makes a fair point. We most likely have to go to the Gabba in the finals if we finish 3rd or 4th, so we may as well just try win out and back ourselves in.

I was encouraged by our ability to regain control as the quarters went on, but worried about our start to all four of them. The systems felt ok today, aside from the glaring issue. We look a better team with Trac up forward and Brayshaw playing like a man possessed in the midfield.

Topkent makes a fair point. We most likely have to go to the Gabba in the finals if we finish 3rd or 4th, so we may as well just try win out and back ourselves in.

Where did I say we shouldn't win out?

Which one of us you reckon should be more worried that we agree with each other

Remove this Banner Ad

Back