The run to the title

Remove this Banner Ad

Watford, Southampton, West Ham and Boro.

United have a really tough run in starting tonight. Hopefully they lose.
4 relatively easy games so that probably means only 4 points for Liverpool

Look at who they've got left. I never really looked that closely.

Everton: genuine threat at home but generally bitch it against top sides
Boro: deserve to go down and poor away from home
WBA: on holiday
Watford: holiday mode + woeful away
Sunderland: will be relegated within the next week

There's like 1% chance. Faith was right, this thread was probably not required

There's like 1% chance. Faith was right, this thread was probably not required
It was only because Palace spiced things up that I thought we were a small chance. Especially if we dented their pride/ego a bit by winning the semi final.

Southampton were the one we needed who could potentially make it interesting

It was only because Palace spiced things up.

Southampton were the one we needed who could potentially make it interesting
Anyone who had seen the fixtures knew it was not happening. Four points isn't much - but the remaining fixtures make a massive difference.

WBA is a small chance as well as Everton. The rest are gimmes for Chelsea. But the even harder part is for us to win out. Even with five to go, it's highly unlikely

Anyone who had seen the fixtures knew it was not happening. Four points isn't much - but the remaining fixtures make a massive difference.

WBA is a small chance as well as Everton. The rest are gimmes for Chelsea. But the even harder part is for us to win out. Even with five to go, it's highly unlikely
For me Palace, Southampton & Everton were the ones I could see them getting hopefully 3-4 points from. They're already at 3 points so really can't afford them to get anything out of the next game.

Hopefully we can start next season a little better and don't need a mad scramble like we do this time around. 8 on the bounce & need to win our final 5 games too!

For me Palace, Southampton & Everton were the ones I could see them getting hopefully 3-4 points from. They're already at 3 points so really can't afford them to get anything out of the next game.

Hopefully we can start next season a little better and don't need a mad scramble like we do this time around. 8 on the bounce & need to win our final 5 games too!
A bit unlucky that Chelsea has had an amazing season. They will probably get to 90 points which has happened once in the last 10 season

Look at who they've got left. I never really looked that closely.

Everton: genuine threat at home but generally bitch it against top sides
Boro: deserve to go down and poor away from home
WBA: on holiday
Watford: holiday mode + woeful away
Sunderland: will be relegated within the next week

Everton - Biggest danger game. have to drop points here
Boro more than capable of parking the bus and pinching one from a set piece. Especially as they still have a glimmer of hope after the win this morning
WBA were on holidays last year and came to the lane and took the points in gameweek 37.
Watford - Unlikely
Sunderland - JD to make himself a Spurs legend while not even playing for us. 90th minute winner and lifts his short in celebration to show a Spurs top!

We may look back in hindsight when Chelsea win out that the race was done, but if at any stage the leads gets to 3 or less then it is game right on, and Chelsea will have to feel the pinch considering the lead they had

Still a 4 point gap (or 3.5)

Home games in bold

Spurs

Arsenal 30th April
Hammers 5th May
United 14th May
Leicester 18th May
Hull 21st May

Chelsea

Everton 30th April
Boro 8th May
West Brom 12th May
Watford 15th May
Sunderland 21th May
Spurs

Arsenal - NLD, anything can happen here.
Hammers - West Ham are mediocre and the Olympic Stadium hasn't been a home ground advantage for them at all. Spurs should get the win.
United - Have the advantage at home but United could steal points. I'll back Spurs to win this though.
Leicester - Foxes haven't dropped any points at home under Shakespeare so this is a danger game for them.
Hull - Have yet to lose at home under Silva and could be fighting for survival on the final day. If the title isn't wrapped up by here, this will be a cracker.

Chelsea

Everton - Goodison hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us so there's a huge chance of us dropping points here.
Boro - Boro won't be surviving and we should get the 3 points here.
West Brom - They've shut up shop but they could spring a surprise. Most likely a win for us though.
Watford - Should win at home without too many problems and put a few past them like Spurs did.
Sunderland - Awful

The win this morning makes things a bit more interesting but, as I said in the matchday thread, it would still take an almighty choke to lose it from here given the respective runs home. Still a little nervous but I think we'll get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only way this gets interesting is if we beat west ham and bring it down to 1 point & you guys implode

but don't see your squad dropping a single point from here let alone 4

Well they've negotiated the harder games, so we'd really are asking for miracles now. The only two games you can have the slightest hope in are the Boro and WBA ones. Boro cos they are fighting for their lives and WBA just for the fact it is an away game. Chelsea kind of put this to bed with the win over Everton, even though it was still improbable before that.

I'm just proud my team has won nine in a row and made some sort of fight of it. A new Spurs psych not seen before

Well they've negotiated the harder games, so we'd really are asking for miracles now. The only two games you can have the slightest hope in are the Boro and WBA ones. Boro cos they are fighting for their lives and WBA just for the fact it is an away game. Chelsea kind of put this to bed with the win over Everton, even though it was still improbable before that.

I'm just proud my team has won nine in a row and made some sort of fight of it. A new Spurs psych not seen before
Yep. Sometimes you've just got to put your hand up and say well played to them. They dismantled Everton after struggling early. But they never looked worried either. Hopefully with the positive experience from this season we get to that point. 80+ points for Spurs is a massive achievement so soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back