The run to the title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sozabarus

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think United are getting slept on massively. The narrative has led people to believe they're nowhere near it but I think they're probably Liverpool's closest challenger this season unless City get their act together.

It's a season too early for Chelsea and Spurs.

Papermate

Premiership Player
Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, New England, Stanford
Spurs being a title contender is proving to be a laughable call. They’ll sit 8th on the table should a few teams below them win their games in hand. No doubt they’re capable of beating anyone on their day, but that doesn’t make a title team. Maybe next year.

Like was said above, this is most likely a Liverpool/Manchester teams title race.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
You'd have to say United are 2nd in the race now which is incredible given how they performed in the first month. I don't see it with City this season, Silva departing has left a big hole and they lack creativity as a consequence.

99 Problems

Premium Gold
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Obviously not as dominant as last season but I think Liverpool are still clearly the best team in the league. They’ve put in some poor performances that they didn’t at all for most of last season, but I’m not sure any other team will be consistent enough to push them for the whole season.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I'd wait on United. Everybody was high on Spurs being absolute title challengers a week ago. Then they managed 1 point from 9.

United have somehow gotten results despite a lot of the time being bang average. The way they got dumped out of the CL was poor and I think in a month or two they will have slipped far off it.

Wait and see I guess but I dont see them as challengers. I still think it's City or Liverpool for the title.

Bradesmaen

Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I'd wait on United. Everybody was high on Spurs being absolute title challengers a week ago. Then they managed 1 point from 9.

United have somehow gotten results despite a lot of the time being bang average. The way they got dumped out of the CL was poor and I think in a month or two they will have slipped far off it.

Wait and see I guess but I dont see them as challengers. I still think it's City or Liverpool for the title.
I concur. They will have their 3-4 game slide into "Will Ole get sacked?" territory before pulling out 3 wins on the trot.. then rinse and repeat.

Buckleys Jocks

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

United aren't just in a purple patch that have made people get a bit carried away, like what may have happened with Spurs. They've won more points than any other team in the league since Bruno debuted in Feb so they've proven that they can sustain this form over a long period of time. I still don't think the team is going to dethrone Liverpool but I think you're underestimating them if you're expecting a big drop off.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
United aren't just in a purple patch that have made people get a bit carried away, like what may have happened with Spurs. They've won more points than any other team in the league since Bruno debuted in Feb so they've proven that they can sustain this form over a long period of time. I still don't think the team is going to dethrone Liverpool but I think you're underestimating them if you're expecting a big drop off.
So if Bruno gets injured you finish mid table or??

moomba

TheBrownDog
Oct 3, 2001
Timperley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City ****
Our only real chance of silverware this season is in the cups. We won't come close to the league. Suspect neither will anyone else not named Liverpool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad