The Running Man - Greatest Movie Ever?

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
The King link is very tenuous.

Great movie, great book when taken separately.

The Long Walk was mentioned earlier, brilliant premise, owed a lot by The Hunger Games (which also owes Battle Royale).

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
Written by Steven King, under an alias, starring Arnie in easily his best role ever.

I would say The Running Man is the greatest movie of all time

It's probably the greatest movie of all time if you're 12. While Ok for an action/sci fi film it is cheesey, over-acted, and pointless. A person with intelligence would say it's far from being the greatest movie of all time. In fact I'd say it's far from being great.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
It's probably the greatest movie of all time if you're 12. While Ok for an action/sci fi film it is cheesey, over-acted, and pointless. A peson with intelligence would say it's far from being the greatest movie of all time. In fact I'd say it's far from being great.

You're one of the cops. That locked up all of my friends. Burned all my songs. You turned the country into a jail.

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
You're one of the cops. That locked up all of my friends. Burned all my songs. You turned the country into a jail.
I'm not stopping you enjoying what you like and if you like this movie then good for you. I think it's an OK movie for sure. But to say it's the greatest movie of all time is just plain dumb. Freedom of expression is a two way street. If you deny me the right of my opinion then aren't you just as guilty of turning the country into a jail. Grow up.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Great movie but nowhere near the best of all time.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I'm not stopping you enjoying what you like and if you like this movie then good for you. I think it's an OK movie for sure. But to say it's the greatest movie of all time is just plain dumb. Freedom of expression is a two way street. If you deny me the right of my opinion then aren't you just as guilty of turning the country into a jail. Grow up.
Nothing worth losing your head over though, hey?

LouisCK

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Expression is one thing, but your opinion is literally wrong.

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Expression is one thing, but your opinion is literally wrong.
Am I wrong to think that "The Running Man' isn't the greatest movie ever? I don't think so, in fact I'm so right it isn't funny. I dare you to start a poll and just see for yourself. But then again why let facts get in the way of a good troll eh? I have never read such garbage as I have read in this thread. But then again coming from someone like you I'm not surprised.

LouisCK

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Am I wrong to think that "The Running Man' isn't the greatest movie ever? I don't think so, in fact I'm so right it isn't funny. I dare you to start a poll and just see for yourself. But then again why let facts get in the way of a good troll eh? I have never read such garbage as I have read in this thread. But then again coming from someone like you I'm not surprised.

Well yeah of course if you use your brain you're correct. That's the best part about this movie: If you think about it, it sucks. So don't think about it.

Stop being analytical for a second and enjoy this trashy awesome movie that is also the best movie ever made. And it is a fact that your opinion is wrong because, it just is, and I don't need to provide facts or logic because its the truth, and the truth shall set you free. And you can't handle the truth.

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I am sure the results of the poll would be negative, but popular opinion seldom recognises true genius.
I'm not saying the movie is bad Caesar, in fact I thinks it's OK. I just laugh my ass off at people saying it's the greatest movie ever in the history of cinema. That's just plain dumb.

Back