The Running Man - Greatest Movie Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The novel was better but I really like it. Same with Starship Troopers. Different, but enjoy both.

Arnie had some interesting things to say about the experience in his autobiography. He felt Paul Glaser directed it too much like a TV episode and the movie never reached its full potential.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
The novel was better but I really like it. Same with Starship Troopers. Different, but enjoy both.

Arnie had some interesting things to say about the experience in his autobiography. He felt Paul Glaser directed it too much like a TV episode and the movie never reached its full potential.

Arnold is played as a bit of a muscle man numpty but he was very clever in the movie industry. For all the schtick he gets, from '84 to '92 he was in 4 outright classics of their genres, being the 2 Terminator films, Predator, and Total Recall. Should have listened to him.

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Arnold is played as a bit of a muscle man numpty but he was very clever in the movie industry. For all the schtick he gets, from '84 to '92 he was in 4 outright classics of their genres, being the 2 Terminator films, Predator, and Total Recall. Should have listened to him.

In most cases Arnie is listened to and he bats for the director against producers but with the Running Man there seemed to be some issues with the original director Andrew Davis being overbudget and overschedule. Sounds like one of those issues where producers really did have to step in.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins

The novella is so different and bleak to the movie. But both are great. Bit like Kubrick's The Shining and the book I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When this was on last Friday my band was waiting around to play at 12ish. Bass player was getting stressed so I dragged him into the beer garden where this was playing. Perfect I thought, this will take your mind of things. To me Running Man is one of those almost perfect movies. And cheesy as *. Chilled him out as we played out the oneliners but was disappointed to find out so few y's had seen or heard of the movie.

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bit of trivia: Stephen King sold the film rights before it was known he was Richard Bachman. After it was announced, he told the producers to still use Richard Bachman in the credits. Oh, and he doesn't like the movie.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Bit of trivia: Stephen King sold the film rights before it was known he was Richard Bachman. After it was announced, he told the producers to still use Richard Bachman in the credits. Oh, and he doesn't like the movie.

Wow a 12 year old thread lol

It's so far removed from the book it may as well have another name.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I often use the line, "He had to split." when someone asks where somebody else is.

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Finally got around to reading the book about a year ago, not bad. Would be alright to see a faithful adaptation of that for something different.
The hunger games basically stole the idea. The King book is brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back