The Russian Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For all the s**t we cop about Tassie, looks like we may have found a bigger offshore market :D

[youtube]FEoItk3FKhU[/youtube]

Actually, this will be on prime time in Russia tonight as part of the Russian coverage of the Australian Open.

The TV channel called me to ask if I could set something up for them footy-related before they left for Australia. Grizz gave me the contacts for the club and the crew went down there yesterday to film.

More importantly.... any chance of nabbing some big Russian KPPs under the International Scholarship scheme!

That aside, excellent work MoscowHawk, it's always really cool to see things like this, share around our exceptional sport ;)

Actually I reckon one of my players could be alright at CHB... If only I could teach him to kick properly :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the main sports played in Russia? Soccer? Skiing? Other winter sports? I don't really know... maybe AFL can creep in! - bit bloody cold though, you'd be playing on frozen fields lol.

I know they're pretty good at ice hockey, Soccer is probably their main.

In September 2005 I was in Siberia, Russia, and went to a sports bar and asked if they will have the AFL grand final on the next day. The bar girl told me if we came back when the game was on she would flick through the channels for us and see. I went back the next day and when I asked the girl to scan the channels she made a phone call and then told me they didn't have that channel. I protested of course but the look she gave me was that someone didn't want me in the bar so I left. I hope the attitude towards AFL has changed since then!

Russia is big into indoor sports and skiing plus soccer. So tennis and ice hockey figure highly.

That is trukn awesome although at 2.25 he refers to our list being s**t, not once, but twice???:eek:

I think I hear the name Murphy mentioned...

Then he turns during the handball drill and says "Awww, just kick the bloody thing!"

One of the smaller Russians warming up for his first attempt at footy.

michael-sidorychev.jpg

"Crush. Kill. Destroy!"

(Looks a bit like Browny, or at least how Browny probably thought he looked ;))

What are the main sports played in Russia? Soccer? Skiing? Other winter sports? I don't really know... maybe AFL can creep in! - bit bloody cold though, you'd be playing on frozen fields lol.
All the potential KPP play volleyball. They are currently ranked 2nd in the world and have come off wins in the 2011 World League (biggest annual volleyball tournament) and the 2011 World Cup (biggest biennial volleyball tournament). They currently have a player who dwarfs Sandilands and another who is the same height and his a 1m running vertical leap.

Dmitriy Muserskiy - 218cm (no13 in the pic)
DuAgVTNut2xkKdhXptcz.jpg

Alexander Volkov - 210cm
Img214574011.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back