Opinion Members Engagement Panel - the *** STARCHAMBER ***

Remove this Banner Ad

Laugh all you like... many of you have complained FOR YEARS that the Club wasn't listening to members... and now you get a chance to do something about it. If I was in Adelaide I would absolutely put my hand up.
It’s going to take more than this to convince most of us that these ears are actually listening and not just another hollow PR exercise.

I'm thinking I may throw my hat in the ring for this one.

I'll have to look at the terms of engagement, etc etc but hey i'm retired with spare time, i'm opinionated, stubborn, fairly dumb so i'm representative of the greater membership, and a pr0n star.

Why the hell not?

Then I can be officially ignored, instead of just normally ignored.

Just a heads up people, run against me at your peril.
I believe that they still have photographs of you unveiling the “Sack Triggs” sign.

I believe that they still have photographs of you unveiling the “Sack Triggs” sign.

That was the gold standard of being an agitator that the rest of us should strive for.

I’ve still got the sign somewhere, I think it’s in the garage... in fact let me go through my phone

Laugh all you like... many of you have complained FOR YEARS that the Club wasn't listening to members... and now you get a chance to do something about it. If I was in Adelaide I would absolutely put my hand up.

that’s the problem, it’s a token gimmick exactly for people like you.

the illusion of participation for the blindly trusting and incurious

I might send in my curriculum vitae in for this one. First order of business is to bring back Claude the Crow on the sideline at games. Would station him at the interchange gate and request he gives a player a spray when they come off the ground if they aren't performing. This would be highly embarrassing to the player and surely lift a players effort. I am full of ideas. Let's make it happen AFC.

I might send in my curriculum vitae in for this one. First order of business is to bring back Claude the Crow on the sideline at games. Would station him at the interchange gate and request he gives a player a spray when they come off the ground if they aren't performing. This would be highly embarrassing to the player and surely lift a players effort. I am full of ideas. Let's make it happen AFC.

Make sure you put paragraphs in your cover letter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An easy way to put this whole thing to bed would be to motion to make the board fully member-elected.

Why don’t they do it? Why is it never even mentioned, let alone motioned?

I’ll let you all chew on the answer to that.
Surely you know the answer to that? The AFL hold the license until some time in the next 4-5 years, at which point we can then change to a fully member elected board. Until then, the AFL have the say over other appointments.

Will it be like this... or like this?

View attachment 1069579
3ef31d4abf44646c69e8c71dcaac6354.gif

and who on this board should apply?
will the people get published?
will anything get done?
will there be muffins?

i nominate Drugs Are Bad Mackay? Vader Sanders cleanhands jenny61_99 kirky and Mutineer

who else?

Who’s gonna keep that light?
probably you, so you

Surely you know the answer to that? The AFL hold the license until some time in the next 4-5 years, at which point we can then change to a fully member elected board. Until then, the AFL have the say over other appointments.

Yes, I understand the practical restraints right at this minute... I’m saying none of the incumbents ever mention the possibility of it happening in the future. It’s never even a topic of discussion or an agenda item, there’s no remote mention of it from the club.

It‘s the obvious answer to all the criticisms, yet it never comes.

That is telling.

Yes, I understand the practical restraints right at this minute... I’m saying none of the incumbents ever mention the possibility of it happening in the future. It’s never even a topic of discussion or an agenda item, there’s no remote mention of it from the club.

It‘s the obvious answer to all the criticisms, yet it never comes.

That is telling.

Seven years away is a long time

I wonder about individuals positioning themselves now, to be elected to the board in 2028

And how that will work, I’d suggest three year terms, three spots on the board come up every year

So. What’s happened on this front since it was announced, or is anyone on here who is part of it sworn to secrecy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back