The saga dragging on is Evans and Vlads fault, says Hirds lawyer

Remove this Banner Ad

You have twisted matt's statement. He was correct in saying that the players do not know whether or not they are innocent. The fact that the Tribunal was not comfortably satisfied they were administered a banned substance doesn't change that.
Dank has said he has the evidence to clear the players, and when he produces that I may agree with you that the players are innocent.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-17/i-can-clear-players-dank

Why should players who do not know they are guilty, plead guilty?? How dumb would that be??

Dank made himself irrelevant a long time ago. He isn't playing ball with anyone.

What does matter now is the onus is on WADA to prove guilt. If they can't that's the end of the process.

Great interviews with James Hird today on SEN and then 3aw. The 3aw was interesting with Tim lane, lingy, Richo and Mick Warner.

Two things came up which could someone help me with:

A. James gave it to the AFL, did not give names but said the AFL gave let's call it a promise that the players would be protected. Protected from what?

B. Mick Warner continually mentioned that the AFL have stuffed up the entire investigation/saga, it could of been over in 6months. How have the AFL prolonged/stuffed up the investigation?

Great interviews with James Hird today on SEN and then 3aw. The 3aw was interesting with Tim lane, lingy, Richo and Mick Warner.

A. James gave it to the AFL, did not give names but said the AFL gave let's call it a promise that the players would be protected. Protected from what?

B. Mick Warner continually mentioned that the AFL have stuffed up the entire investigation/saga, it could of been over in 6months. How have the AFL prolonged/stuffed up the investigation?

Players protected from what? Further scrutiny is the short answer. Refer Andruska's notebook ;)

Basically this is all in Chips book.

According to him AFL tried to get a no fault deal going. The players plead guilty but due to no fault get zero penalty.

The extension was the AFL forcing the interim report once the no fault deal was a no go.

Why should players who do not know they are guilty, plead guilty?? How dumb would that be??

But how do they know they are not guilty? All they are working on is what they've been told by the club. If the club had taken a different tact, well...

Again, it's impossible to absolutely know, given they can't be told what was injected.

But how do they know they are not guilty? All they are working on is what they've been told by the club. If the club had taken a different tact, well...

Again, it's impossible to absolutely know, given they can't be told what was injected.

It all comes down to the onus being on WADA to prove guilt. That's the process :thumbsu:

Basically this is all in Chips book.

According to him AFL tried to get a no fault deal going. The players plead guilty but due to no fault get zero penalty.

The extension was the AFL forcing the interim report once the no fault deal was a no go.

The original source was Andruska's note book. Not Chip's book.

The original source was Andruska's note book. Not Chip's book.

Not everyone can get access to that but chips book is 9.99 as a Ebook that makes it much easier to access..

Also suggest you check the notes to the book, this was first raised in emails submitted as part a of EFC and Hirds submission to the Middleton hearing..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna say this once for muppets like you, and once only.

The club has nothing to do with the players charges and sanctions.

It's between ASADA and the players.

It doesn't matter who is Chairman of Essendon, the players would still be charged, still plead not guilty, still by found not guilty, still have it appealed by WADA.

It's not even marginally hard to comprehend.

Yes it does, actually.

ESSENDON coach James Hird has slammed some AFL officials, declaring he has no time for some of the industry’s “ordinary individuals”.

What a campaigner of a bloke. This is the straw that broke the camels back for me. Hird you're a ******* disgrace. These guys that have left, Demetriou, are now out of the spotlight, and can't really defend themselves. What about the 'ordinary individuals' who created this mess.

It's this sort of disgraceful behaviour that made it appropriate for Whately to question if this combative vindictive approach has backfired.

You still don't understand the process do you?

In the absence of a positive test - as is the situation with the 34 players here - the onus is on ASADA or WADA to prove guilt. End of story.

It is an extremely simple concept, but I'm willing to post it again and again until you do understand the rules that apply here :thumbsu:
You seem to also be skipping some pretty basic requirements yourself. It just needed one of the players to have questioned the substances they were listed with.

Just one.

And none did.

Why is that?

I'm gonna say this once for muppets like you, and once only.

The club has nothing to do with the players charges and sanctions.

It's between ASADA and the players.

It doesn't matter who is Chairman of Essendon, the players would still be charged, still plead not guilty, still by found not guilty, still have it appealed by WADA.

It's not even marginally hard to comprehend.
Just wondering the monetary cost of this saga. We all know the players have been put through the ringer. How much has this cost the main players, Hird, EFC and the AFL?

How much has Hird cost the EFC since he got rid of Knights?

Ha....Did James give it to himself? Wasn't it part of his job to protect the players or was he just the coach?

It all comes down to how comfortably a particular individual is with living with being branded and accepting they are a drug cheat by pleading guilty. The 34 AFL players have strongly voiced their disapproval at taking such action each time it has been suggested.

What the NRL boys did and think about it is irrelevant to the 34 players down here. It's what the 34 down here think themselves that matters, and they have voiced it a number of times already.
Better to be branded a drug cheat by pleading guilty than to be branded a liar, and a drug cheat anyway...

Better to be branded a drug cheat by pleading guilty than to be branded a liar, and a drug cheat anyway...
Your views and the views of many on this forum are not representative.
The EFC players are neither branded drug cheats or liars in the eyes of the greater community, or indeed the AFL tribunal.

Your views and the views of many on this forum are not representative.
The EFC players are neither branded drug cheats or liars in the eyes of the greater community, or indeed the AFL tribunal.
I think Sam Mitchell is more representative of the majority than you'd like to believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back