Toast The Sam Power appreciation thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was panicked but he’s had a great last 2 years. I don’t think anyone disagreed with picking up Keath or Bruce. Many disagreed with Lloyd (not me) and more disagreed with Duryea (me). Those two were great, and Austin made a great pick although a relatively simple pick at 7 with Smith. This year will be more of a test for Austin.

Although I’d like to see Sam Power land is a big fish, I really don’t think we need a big fish for the foreseeable future. His biggest test will be keeping this list together.

He’s proven himself at the trade table after the poor efforts of J-Mac. J-Mac’s strength was keeping who we wanted to keep and he did that relatively well. Let’s see how Power goes. Signs are very good.

I was panicked but he’s had a great last 2 years. I don’t think anyone disagreed with picking up Keath or Bruce. Many disagreed with Lloyd (not me) and more disagreed with Duryea (me). Those two were great, and Austin made a great pick although a relatively simple pick at 7 with Smith. This year will be more of a test for Austin.

Although I’d like to see Sam Power land is a big fish, I really don’t think we need a big fish for the foreseeable future. His biggest test will be keeping this list together.

He’s proven himself at the trade table after the poor efforts of J-Mac. J-Mac’s strength was keeping who we wanted to keep and he did that relatively well. Let’s see how Power goes. Signs are very good.
Very true. We have the big fish already just need to keep it together

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last yr Sam Power made a few public statements that didn't play out well. He stated Adams and Dahlhaus were retention priorities (well before trade week posturing) and that we were in play for Wingard when Wingard was not committed. He did however get more out of the Adams trade than I expected.

Power played it smarter this yr. Quietly locked down our future stars on long term contracts and quietly retained everyone we wanted to keep. Then he did some things I've never seen before from a Dog list manager. He attracted not one but two best 2 KPPs to the club that weren't over the hill, that are in their prime. Not only that - he didn't overpay. Amazing.

Sam has come a long way from in a year. Fast learner, naturally good negotiator. Well done.

During the same time JMac has traded two former number picks for a couple of fourth rounders in successive yrs...

Haven’t seen any apologies yet ...
The trade thread was full of doom and pessimism, blaming Sam for outcomes that hadn’t even happened. All you experts...
I did state that we would not give pick 13 unless something really good was coming our way. I also stated that we would not use pick 13 for either keithy or bruce. i am a legend in my own imagination. great job mr poderoso!

Great haul Sammy, a tidy trade period for us. 2 best 22 players and keeping our 1st pick? Bravo.

BTW I recommend you all do what I did, skip everything AFL related after the grand final and just tune in for the last 5 minutes of trade week. Much better skipping 100 pages of waffle.
its the waffle that i love

If you told me 2 weeks ago that we'd keep Dunks, get Stef Martin, Hannan and Treloar basically for a future second and third, I would've laughed in your face. Truly incredible

Unbelievable that we can add the top draft prospect in just a month too. All this after being a young finals side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some small tribute to also the man who originally drafted Sam - he did it for the wrong reasons but the results are more impressive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some small tribute to also the man who originally drafted Sam - he did it for the wrong reasons but the results are more impressive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So we got a list manager who is physically incapable of blinking.

EmHK3FeU4AAhVHy.jpg:medium

So we finally got a list manager that actually doesn't let us get ****ed around and lands big fishes what a man

Not sure about Treloar but holding onto Dunkley was a good move. We would have previously capitulated.

Well done Sam Power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back